Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Gsingh88

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
So, are you mailing CPC-M or using Webform? What did Call Centre Agent advice?

The following is copied from CIC website:

Change in contact information or in personal circumstances
To avoid delays in processing, make sure your contact information and your application details are up-to-date.

Use this webform to notify us of changes in your application, such as:

- Changes in your personal circumstances such as a birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce.
- Change in contact information (email, mailing address and phone number).
Continue to monitor your old contact information until your application is updated.

Do not mail changes in contact or application information to CPC-M. We will not acknowledge your request and your application will not be updated. This could lead to a delay in processing your application.

PS: In 2015, we didn't have webforms rather had email shortcuts. So, we emailed about the changes to CPC-M with appropriate subjects. I had similar situation myself and I emailed them w/o any forms/NOA. I never had a response back other than automated acknowledgement of receipt.
I am thinking of mailing them all the documents, As per the email. And i will also attach the copy of that email they sent me other day. Which clearly mentions that i should mail my documents to CPC-M.

randebutler

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Vancouver Island, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
waiting86 said:
any update when they will start processing rest of 5000 of the total 10000?
Every morning I check to see how bills are progressing in the house. It is my understanding that when the Cons changed the rules from 10,000 to 5,000 it was done through actual legislation and not a policy change. What that means is the new Fed Liberals have to present a bill to the house, it has to be debated and then voted on. This can take months, if not years in some cases. I strongly believe that by Dec 31, 2016 they will have the new legislation in place, if not sooner. I would recommend approaching your Federal MP's and raising the concern with them. If you have an NDP member they may be able to ask the Minister during question period why they haven't presented legislation yet?

You can see the progress of bills here: http://www.parl.gc.ca/LegisInfo/Home.aspx?language=E&ParliamentSession=42-1

Only C1-200 are government bills.

masoom1

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
masalakh said:
Hi,
My baby was born on 1st of Jan. I sent my application on 30th of December, but the application was received on 4th Jan. Already got an AOR for that.

what would i have to do (considering these odds), will the same birth certificate and do the "add on request" part only ?

Any thoughts there ?

Thanks
Apart from all this discussion, Its a new year when you baby born, Congratulation ,..... Its a new year gift for you, We pray he will have 100 years of healthy and happy life

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
randebutler said:
Every morning I check to see how bills are progressing in the house. It is my understanding that when the Cons changed the rules from 10,000 to 5,000 it was done through actual legislation and not a policy change. What that means is the new Fed Liberals have to present a bill to the house, it has to be debated and then voted on. This can take months, if not years in some cases. I strongly believe that by Dec 31, 2016 they will have the new legislation in place, if not sooner. I would recommend approaching your Federal MP's and raising the concern with them. If you have an NDP member they may be able to ask the Minister during question period why they haven't presented legislation yet?

You can see the progress of bills here: http://www.parl.gc.ca/LegisInfo/Home.aspx?language=E&ParliamentSession=42-1

That's not good. I hadn't really thought about the process that would be required to increase the cap. I honestly thought it would happen within a few weeks as a policy change. But like you, I assume the change should be made before end of the year if they plan on reopening the PGP next Jan. I just don't like the silent treatment we are getting. When it was election time there was so much talk going on about what the Liberals would do, and now it's just silence.

Gsingh88

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
masalakh said:
Hi,
My baby was born on 1st of Jan. I sent my application on 30th of December, but the application was received on 4th Jan. Already got an AOR for that.

what would i have to do (considering these odds), will the same birth certificate and do the "add on request" part only ?

Any thoughts there ?

Thanks

Congrats for the new born :) what a timing.. :D
As the baby is born in 2016, your application will not be effected with this addition to your family.
I would suggest just send in your add on request with baby's birth certificate and letter of explanation.
You can look at the email that i posted in this thread earlier..
Good luck

canam3

Jan 4, 2016
randebutler said:

Conservative never changed a rule from 10k to 5k they just added a cap of 5k.
I do not know if changing cap size would require any legislation or not. If i remember the minister statement, he mentioned that they need to finalize the total number of immigrants for a given year and afterwards they can apply the caps on different category. I don't have knowledge on this process but my gut feeling is that its the "Total"number which gets approved by parliament. Subsequent sub-categorization comes under liberals side only. Considering Immigration minister statement that they are going to keep liberal promise of 10k cap and on top of that notification on CIC website note (about retaining 10k application this year), reassures that this is going to happen soon. More CC charges coming soon...Keep the hope high :)

Pining your local MP and asking them to raise it in question hours is very good idea

agelessqiqi

Feb 4, 2016
Hi, anybody hasn't got AOR? My case received on Jan 4 and got charged on Jan 9. ECAS-application received on Jan 27.
So far no AOR issued. How many peope are on the same boat with me?

Sep14CEC

Dec 11, 2015
Rossei said:
There are 48 applications from this forum who had same time-stamp by Purolator. None of them got charged yet.
49... Include me as well on the purolator 9:43 Tammy stamp. I sent two applications for my brother in law and me. Both no news yet :-(

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
agelessqiqi said:
Hi, anybody hasn't got AOR? My case received on Jan 4 and got charged on Jan 9. ECAS-application received on Jan 27.
I haven't got AOR yet either. Mine was delivered on Jan. 4 by HR and my cc got charged on Jan. 11. My ECAS also got activated last week.
Based on the spreadsheet, it looks like none of those whose applications were delivered by HR and got charged on Jan. 9 and Jan. 11 has received AOR yet..
In what order do they send AORs?...

agelessqiqi

Feb 4, 2016
SH Korea said:
I haven't got AOR yet either. Mine was delivered on Jan. 4 by HR and my cc got charged on Jan. 11. My ECAS also got activated last week.
Based on the spreadsheet, it looks like none of those whose applications were delivered by HR and got charged on Jan. 9 and Jan. 11 has received AOR yet..
In what order do they send AORs?...
Actually I know several people sumitted by HR and got charged on Jan 9 & 11 got AOR already!

tanvirmk

Star Member
Jan 30, 2005
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 June
AOR Received.
24 Aug 2015
File Transfer...
27 Aug
Med's Done....
April 2015

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
agelessqiqi said:
My mom hasn't received one either. It's going to her, right? We were part of the FedEx 9:19 batch and CC charged on Jan 19th. I'm trying not to worry.

tanvirmk

Star Member
Jan 30, 2005
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 June
AOR Received.
24 Aug 2015
File Transfer...
27 Aug
Med's Done....
April 2015
Californiacicle said:
My mom hasn't received one either. It's going to her, right? We were part of the FedEx 9:19 batch and CC charged on Jan 19th. I'm trying not to worry.
AOR to the sponsor I believe. I am on the same boat. FedEx 9-19 batch, CC on Jan 19th- no AOR