Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Gsingh88

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
masoom1 said:
it look like that it required if Applicant (person your are sponsoring has got new dependant) not you as sponsor.
I explained her the situation on phone. She told me, do it as per the email. I think it applies to me as a sponser too. But as the child is born in canada so i would only have to do the "add on request" part.
I also asked her about income, she said cic will contact you back in future if they need any additional information.
But i dont think they going to ask income from 2012 for a child born in 2016.
Once i get the birth certificate, i will just send them the info with that and see what happens next..

ABD12345

Dec 4, 2015
Gsingh88 said:
I explained her the situation on phone. She told me, do it as per the email. I think it applies to me as a sponser too. But as the child is born in canada so i would only have to do the "add on request" part.
I also asked her about income, she said cic will contact you back in future if they need any additional information.
Once i get the birth certificate, i will just send them the info with that and see what happens next..
Thanks for the information.

masoom1

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
Gsingh88 said:
Yes, new born is your dependent effective from 2016, You are already approved not to worry, Once they ask updated forms with income proof for last three year at later stage, probably after 3 to years, at that time you have to count him in your dependent and put income from table.

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Gsingh88 said:
So i contacted cic about adding on our child to the application. This is the email i got from them.

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

After applying for sponsorship - Parents and Grandparents - Adding a family member (Add-on)

A family member* of the principal applicant could be added at a later date, even if they were listed as non-accompanying dependant in the initial application. However, there is no guarantee that your request to add a family member to an application will be accepted if the final decision has already been made by the office processing the application.

To add a family member to the application, you have to download, fill out, validate and print the following forms** from our website (for more details on these forms, please follow the instructions provided in the Guide) and send them to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario:

A new Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking form (IMM 1344) completed by the sponsor and, if applicable, the co-signer,
(If the application is still at the CPC in Mississauga) A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) without supporting documents,
(If you are adding a dependent child of a dependent child) A new Financial Evaluation form (IMM 1283) with supporting documents,
A new Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship form (IMM 5768) with supporting documents,
and

The add-on request including:
your name,
your client ID number/UCI,
your file number,
a letter of explanation,
a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
if applicable, the proof of payment.
You must write ADD-ON on the forms and on the envelope. If you want proof that your application was received, we suggest that you use registered mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc.

*A family member is a spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or dependent child of a dependent child.
**If the newly created family member is a child born in Canada, only the add-on request is required.

So it looks like i wont need to send any forms or anything. I will just the add on request with child's birth certificate.
Why I read this as totally different thing? This is for, let say, if your parents (applicant not sponsor) are having/had another baby...

caboy808

Feb 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there anyone out there who received returned application?

My got sent in by FedEx Jan 4 919am, to today's date, no CC charged nor AOR. I will have to assume that either I made an error in my application, or the time stamp is wrong....

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
caboy808 said:
Is there anyone out there who received returned application?

My got sent in by FedEx Jan 4 919am, to today's date, no CC charged nor AOR. I will have to assume that either I made an error in my application, or the time stamp is wrong....
you were probably at the bottom of Fedex pile.
it's speculated that 5k seats have been filled by now.. so they are just holding on your application in case limit goes up to 10k.
You are in much better shape then all of who used purolator.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Gsingh88 said:
they are talking about dependant for applicant , not for sponsor so in the future only finance form will be changed

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gsingh88 said:

congrats for the well timed baby. Have baby born 15 days earlier in 2015. Then it was complete diff story in income calculation

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Gsingh88 said:
As the child was born AFTER the app was submitted, you will only be required to include the child in LICO calculations from 2016 onwards.

Had the child been born BEFORE the app was submitted, you would have been required to include the child in LICO calculations from 2012.

Gsingh88

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
masoom1 said:
it look like that it required if Applicant (person your are sponsoring has got new dependant) not you as sponsor.
Ya, it looks that way. But if you think of it from their point of view. They would need to know change in your family size for future financial evaluations.
They have no way of finding out, other than me informing them. So rather do it sooner than later.
They wont need any forms at this point. Just a letter of explanation with child's birth certificate.

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got an acknowledge letter through email that application has been accepted in 2016 cap

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Gsingh88 said:
Ya, it looks that way. But if you think of it from their point of view. They would need to know change in your family size for future financial evaluations.
They have no way of finding out, other than me informing them. So rather do it sooner than later.
They wont need any forms at this point. Just a letter of explanation with child's birth certificate.
So, are you mailing CPC-M or using Webform? What did Call Centre Agent advice?

The following is copied from CIC website:

Change in contact information or in personal circumstances
To avoid delays in processing, make sure your contact information and your application details are up-to-date.

Use this webform to notify us of changes in your application, such as:

- Changes in your personal circumstances such as a birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce.
- Change in contact information (email, mailing address and phone number).
Continue to monitor your old contact information until your application is updated.

Do not mail changes in contact or application information to CPC-M. We will not acknowledge your request and your application will not be updated. This could lead to a delay in processing your application.

PS: In 2015, we didn't have webforms rather had email shortcuts. So, we emailed about the changes to CPC-M with appropriate subjects. I had similar situation myself and I emailed them w/o any forms/NOA. I never had a response back other than automated acknowledgement of receipt.

masalakh

Sep 26, 2012
Gsingh88 said:
Hi,
My baby was born on 1st of Jan. I sent my application on 30th of December, but the application was received on 4th Jan. Already got an AOR for that.

what would i have to do (considering these odds), will the same birth certificate and do the "add on request" part only ?

Any thoughts there ?

Thanks