+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

canam3

Jan 4, 2016
mikeymyke said:
They might not charge since your credit card is not more than 9 months from expiring, (there's a rule in CIC that says credit cards must still be valid for 9 months or more). but we won't know that for sure until later on.
I think just hang on ... There is a condition for CC expiration (at least 9 month) but that is not going to be a make or break deal. CIC is going to charge the CC three times before rejecting. 9 month expiration is just a precautionary note...

canam3

Jan 4, 2016
So, per spread sheet the latest entry for the CC charge is for the application received on Jan 04, 11:00am.

Does that mean all applications received until 11:00 am are under 5K cap? may be ... !!

r3su1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
delcan25 said:
dont know how to refer to a link. so simply copying my post here...

Author Topic: How to track a certified cheque whether cashed or not by CIC

How to track a certified cheque whether cashed or not by CIC
« on: January 23, 2016, 01:30:04 pm »

hi all,
i see a lot of users regretting that they are not able to track a certified cheque to know whether their application has been accepted or not. I have gone through a rigorous process to know how to track it and guide the tellers at the branch or even on the helpline.

I had been rejected by TD many times when they told me it cant be tracked. Well... Here's how u can track it.
Its easy if they know how and in all cases bank would say cert cheque cant be tracked.

1. Go to Customer Histry Menu.
2. Go to Option 5, under Option 5 look for Certified Cheque. A querry would be required on the date range.
3. Find the actual certified cheque and See the status on it.
4. O means outstanding, C means Cashed.

This is the process with TD. Others branches may have something similar.

I am currently waiting on my PGP 2016 application, Submitted Jan 4 2016 on 8:45am. I am tracking my certified cheque.

Cheers
Wow! You are awesome! I am with TD too and can't wait to try it out! Do I need to follow your steps through my online banking or do I need to ask a teller at any TD branch to check it?

delcan25

Jan 3, 2016
r3su1 said:
Wow! You are awesome! I am with TD too and can't wait to try it out! Do I need to follow your steps through my online banking or do I need to ask a teller at any TD branch to check it?
thanks r3su1. I dont work in banks. No connections whatsoever. but i guess i dont take "no" for an answer. :D. I am copying my comment from the other post to make it more clear..

Hi,

I should clear some confusions. You can NOT do this from using your TD online system.

Go to a branch or call the help line. Both can track.

The branch will say it cant be tracked and helpline will say its a branch thing. Well... Both are wrong.

Direct them with the steps and they can do it easily.

Once they are in the "account history menu" they will see bunch of options like 1,2,3,4.....
under 5 there's "Certified cheques". once a querry is done to find the cheque, the status would be easy to see for the teller/helpline. Hope that helps.

r3su1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
delcan25 said:
thanks r3su1. I dont work in banks. No connections whatsoever. but i guess i dont take "no" for an answer. :D. I am copying my comment from the other post to make it more clear..

Hi,

I should clear some confusions. You can NOT do this from using your TD online system.

Go to a branch or call the help line. Both can track.

The branch will say it cant be tracked and helpline will say its a branch thing. Well... Both are wrong.

Direct them with the steps and they can do it easily.

Once they are in the "account history menu" they will see bunch of options like 1,2,3,4.....
under 5 there's "Certified cheques". once a querry is done to find the cheque, the status would be easy to see for the teller/helpline. Hope that helps.
Thank you for the clarification. Will try to call TD today!

v2016

Jan 21, 2016
canam3 said:
So, per spread sheet the latest entry for the CC charge is for the application received on Jan 04, 11:00am.

Does that mean all applications received until 11:00 am are under 5K cap? may be ... !!
Agree

v2016

Jan 21, 2016
A few people report that their credit card was charged yesterday,however, ss hasn't been updated. The more people join the ss, the more accurate the SS will be. :) :)

mghchdh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2017
Rossei, our application reached there on the 4th at 11:45. Not sure what will happen, but as soon as we are charged, will make a donation to you! Do pray for us please!!

tulipo4ka

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
Flora Zhao said:
AAAAA!!! My credit card just showed as charged!

Trans Date Post Date
01/22/2016 01/23/2016

Fedex 9:19 batch!
Wow! Congrats!!!!! It's my turn now! It has to be today!!!! Pleaaaassssseeeeee
It there anyone else here from Fedex 9.19 batch that hasn't been changed yet??

Flora Zhao

Jan 19, 2016
tulipo4ka said:
Wow! Congrats!!!!! It's my turn now! It has to be today!!!! Pleaaaassssseeeeee
It there anyone else here from Fedex 9.19 batch that hasn't been changed yet??
Thank you! Fingers crossed for you!

JuliaSan

Dec 15, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2016
AOR Received.
02-02-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
November 2016
Med's Done....
December 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2017
Flora Zhao said:
Can you please let me know where I can find the spreadsheet? I would like to update my status. My credit card just got charge!
Congratulations!
I cannot post any links here (I don't know why - policy of the forum). But you can go to the first page, find first post of Rossei. There are all links in his signature.