+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Yay! My available credit has gone down by $1,250! I've never been so happy to have my card charged! It doesn't show yet as a a transaction from CIC but I haven't made any large transactions lately. I used MM Courier.

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NikkiMontalvo said:
Jacqueline Morris Jackson · Wheatley, Ontario
Ok parents and grandparents who have not contributed 1 cent to Canada should not be allowed. This is just abuse of our social services
Like · Reply · 4 mins

James Rogers · Works at Your Caledon
80 year old grandmother? Another drain blah
Like · Reply · 1 · 5 hrs

Carole Diane Gagne · Ecole Secondaire Franco Cité
I am also concerned re the health care drain...we can't even accomodate our own elderly at the moment; not good
Like · Reply · 8 mins

Patrick Lawson
Need to find out who's on the take. Could very well ruin this once great nation.
Their parents should be asked to leave the country

rajparvez87

Feb 18, 2012
kh31017 said:
I used same day delivery (before 9 ) and dropped my package at Brampton Purolator . Not sure if they delivered it themselves or used some other courier company .
I submitted on Dec 31st for same day delivery to Purolator Mississauga (literally 10 minutes drive from CPC) but still they delivered at 10:08. when I called they said they picked up the package at 9:13AM :mad:

mamaburger

Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emceemouli said:
Their parents should be asked to leave the country
"Abuse of our social services..." really? Like what? All of us have to sign an undertaking to pay for our parents for 20 years! Some people need to learn how to read all the facts before spurting out brainless comments. Oh well, like they say, empty vessels makes the most noise.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
mamaburger said:
"Abuse of our social services..." really? Like what? All of us have to sign an undertaking to pay for our parents for 20 years! Some people need to learn how to read all the facts before spurting out brainless comments. Oh well, like they say, empty vessels makes the most noise.
The 20 year undertaking is basically only for welfare. By "social services" the person is indicating tax-funded things like healthcare, GST/HST credits, etc.

In a way they are right, which is why the PGP program needs to have strict quotas. Our healthcare system is stretched as it is, so have to be careful when allowing in new PRs that are at the age where people start to use the most healthcare services.

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Rob_TO said:
The 20 year undertaking is basically only for welfare. By "social services" the person is indicating tax-funded things like healthcare, GST/HST credits, etc.

In a way they are right, which is why the PGP program needs to have strict quotas. Our healthcare system is stretched as it is, so have to be careful when allowing in new PRs that are at the age where people start to use the most healthcare services.
Rob_TO is right. To be honest that healthcare is one of the too many reason why I want my parents to be here. :D :D :D Why we are doing anything to make our application on CAP. :)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Rob_TO said:

True. But thinking on the other hand that our parents/grand parents need us during their old age. They have done their since we were born till we got independent and now it's our time to make sure that we take care of them during their old age. Basically, we are wanting our parents/grand parents to unite here in Canada so that we can take care of them during their old age.

Healthcare, and other tax-funded things are separate concerns.

talespin

Jan 4, 2016
mamaburger said:
Seems like a lot of sponsors here have the mis-conception that by signing a 20 year bond, they are taking the 'entire' burden of their parents off of this country's tax payers. Two words for you - health care! I for one never forget that being able to bring my parents here is a privilege not a right! You can argue over the caps (conservative vs. liberal) but this privilege cannot be taken for granted! There are perceived benefits to this sponsorship program but citizens of this country by birth are entitled to their opinions as those that are voiced in the comments of that story. I'd like to see how many hands go up if the sponsorship program required that all or a percentage of healthcare costs be funded by the sponsors. That will separate those that genuinely want to reunite with their parents vs. those that have the convenience of health care in mind as one of the main reasons of their sponsorship.

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
thecoolguysam said:
True. But thinking on the other hand that our parents/grand parents need us during their old age. They have done their since we were born till we got independent and now it's our time to make sure that we take care of them during their old age. Basically, we are wanting our parents/grand parents to unite here in Canada so that we can take care of them during their old age.

I totally agree with this. It's also easier for me to take care of my parents if they are here, rather than sending money home. That way my income stays within Canada, helping the economy at the same time. Also, my parents are in their early 50s, and plan on working into their 70s (hopefully they are able to find jobs), so I doubt they will be causing a drain on the system.

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
thecoolguysam said:

I AGRE 100%. :D :D :D

One of the positive side of having our parents here is that we are more focus on earning money here.. Most of the time if we know that are kids are okay with our parents. Both couples worked. Meaning higher income = higher tax for the government. Compared to not having our parents here... our spouse are forced to stay home to take care of kids even if couples our both professionals.

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MissFrowz said:
I totally agree with this. It's also easier for me to take care of my parents if they are here, rather than sending money home. That way my income stays within Canada, helping the economy at the same time. Also, my parents are in their early 50s, and plan on working into their 70s (hopefully they are able to find jobs), so I doubt they will be causing a drain on the system.
Another thing is that if Canada mentions that Parents wont be sponsored PR...there would be considerably less applications in Economic class and other skilled classes aswell....And Immigration is one factor which propels economy...

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Rob_TO said:

With all due respect to this drain on healthcare argument, a country such as Canada relies heavily on immigration to maintain/increase its population by cherry picking the best possible migrants from across the whole globe.

Theses potential new residents/citizens did have family including parents overseas before coming here and to expect them to somehow no longer care or want to be reunited is unfair. Personally I think much more highly of all those in this thread hoping for their application to make the quota of PGP apps this year so that they can possibly give back to their parents the support and love which was given to them as children.
I think most of the people on this thread owe their parents a debt of gratitude for currently living in this wonderful country we call home.

I think too many people in the world ignore their parents and people who show this kind of love and compassion to their elders should be praised. Society needs more family values to be encouraged.

I sincerely hope everyone who has posted on this thread has their application accepted.

Quoi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
So only one Purolator application got CCed so far, right?

Quoi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
emceemouli said:
And the office is closed now I guess..so no updates expected :(
Ughhh... Ok, tomorrow is another day.

Hoping both 8.52 and 9.43 get processed soon...
Fingers crossed for us and everyone else of course!