+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

boorishbrat1

Jan 6, 2016
boorishbrat1 said:
I agree with you - the key difference here is "retain 10K apps" vs. "place 5k in inventory queue". It suggests business as usual for the first 5k apps, as for the 5K-10K bucket, only time will tell whether this is a good thing or a not so good thing.
I want to preface my comments by saying that they are not intended to spread any negativity but just to express my frustration at the ambiguous policy making processes. So essentially CIC has put the ball in Govt's court saying that the fate of 5K-10K apps is dependent on the legislative changes. Now for that to happen first there will have to be "discussions & debates" in the senate, then an "expert" panel will be constituted for consultations, and by the time it becomes operational - we'll be half way past 2016. Oh wait.. so now CIC would want "updated" financial documents , latest option Cs and including 2015 and blah blah - .... I sincerely hope they surprise me and I am proved wrong.

RNJ

Jan 4, 2016
Can anyone help me with UPS delivery time. It shows as delivered at 6.31 AM but signed by ADUSEI at CIC. Since the doors open at 8,AM, how can a UPS deliver before that?

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The aproach of CIC to PGP processing is based on the Action plan for faster family reunification which has been in effect since 2013 and which entails 5000 intake and 20000 yearly admission levels. They can't just disregard it and accept 10000 files. It's not a law, only a departmental bylaw, BUT they need to come up with a new framework, so for now they are just buying time. 5000 complete apps will be put into processing, the other 5000 will be archived until a new bylaw enters into legal force.

mghchdh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2017
My application was delivered on Jan 4 at 11:40am? what is the chance it will make it in the first 5000?

I am really worried as even last year we did not make it due to Canada Post.

mghchdh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2017
RNJ said:
Can anyone help me with UPS delivery time. It shows as delivered at 6.31 AM but signed by ADUSEI at CIC. Since the doors open at 8,AM, how can a UPS deliver before that?
very strange

thinktriplets

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Now that they've announced, and while thriving to understand and shape to our best abilities the "retain" part of it, should we start checking if CC are getting charged, or is it not before Monday you think?

Those who mentioned here that CC got charged (happy road courier or else), is it true?

boorishbrat1

Jan 6, 2016
mghchdh said:
My application was delivered on Jan 4 at 11:40am? what is the chance it will make it in the first 5000?

I am really worried as even last year we did not make it due to Canada Post.
i think between 43.34786589% and 44.43659876%

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
RNJ said:
UPS has given you a false delivery time. That's the explanation. We know for certain that CIC didn't start accepting applications until 8am and UPS was not one of the first three couriers in line.

NikkiMontalvo

Jan 6, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thinktriplets said:
Now that they've announced, and while thriving to understand and shape to our best abilities the "retain" part of it, should we start checking if CC are getting charged, or is it not before Monday you think?

Those who mentioned here that CC got charged (happy road courier or else), is it true?
I think they will process the first 5000 and then keep the next 5000 until further notice, but will not charge them. It's not free to charge credit cards and they know this.

For sure that that is what they're doing. I'm just wondering where on earth will they get all the manpower to process 10 000 PGP and all the Syrian refugees...I think Trudeau is promising and taking on more than we can handle. I mean it's good but gotta be rational here.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
NikkiMontalvo said:
I think they will process the first 5000 and then keep the next 5000 until further notice, but will not charge them. It's not free to charge credit cards and they know this.

For sure that that is what they're doing. I'm just wondering where on earth will they get all the manpower to process 10 000 PGP and all the Syrian refugees...I think Trudeau is promising and taking on more than we can handle. I mean it's good but gotta be rational here.
I second that. I'm more concerned about the PGP backlogs. I personally think CIC should have kept 5,000 limit till they were break-even with their backlogs. Although I understand that seeing 10,000 is a sight of hope for many this year, I need to be rational here. This is not going to help to reduce the backlog (who knows how many PGP files CIC can process per year nowadays added with the refugee influx).

BTW, I keep hearing people were charged on their CC. But I didn't see any update reported in the SS.

thinktriplets

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Rossei said:
BTW, I keep hearing people were charged on their CC. But I didn't see any update reported in the SS.
Same, this is why I was asking earlier today if CIC have actually started --or not, charging CC as stated yesterday by some.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boorishbrat1 said:
I want to preface my comments by saying that they are not intended to spread any negativity but just to express my frustration at the ambiguous policy making processes. So essentially CIC has put the ball in Govt's court saying that the fate of 5K-10K apps is dependent on the legislative changes. Now for that to happen first there will have to be "discussions & debates" in the senate, then an "expert" panel will be constituted for consultations, and by the time it becomes operational - we'll be half way past 2016. Oh wait.. so now CIC would want "updated" financial documents , latest option Cs and including 2015 and blah blah - .... I sincerely hope they surprise me and I am proved wrong.
Credit card have to be valid for 9 months in payment form. Certified cheque remain valid in year. If payment form is incorrect. One's application will be rejected right away.

rajparvez87

Feb 18, 2012
I think we all are forgetting the main promise that liberals made for parents sponsorship and that is to double the resources to process the applications so every year they can process 10k applications from the current 5k. So far it looks like they just increased the quota because of all the outrage in the news but increasing the quota doesn't mean anything if they don't increase the processing resources. The application will just sit there in the backlog.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajparvez87 said:
I think we all are forgetting the main promise that liberals made for parents sponsorship and that is to double the resources to process the applications so every year they can process 10k applications from the current 5k. So far it looks like they just increased the quota because of all the outrage in the news but increasing the quota doesn't mean anything if they don't increase the processing resources. The application will just sit there in the backlog.
We will also nearly double the budget for processing family class sponsorship. Wait times will come down – which currently average almost four years for parent and grandparent applications.

This would actually be a good start.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Diplomatru said:
We will also nearly double the budget for processing family class sponsorship. Wait times will come down – which currently average almost four years for parent and grandparent applications.

This would actually be a good start.
The word "immediately" is missing...