+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

aryan15

Dec 27, 2015
iluvbaguio said:
Good day Guys.

Anybody here knows about the change of format of SCHEDULE A FORM.. They both version 2012-12 but if you open the form on CIC website it is totally different from the form I downloaded 1st week of December. IS THIS A LAST MINUTE CHANGES ON FORMS? Why is it that CIC didn't changes the version number from 2012-12 to 2015-12.. Any thoughts on this? Did you guys used the newer form?
I don't understand what you are saying? It still says December 2012 and I downloaded late November/ early December and it looks the same.
Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 795.96 KB) December 2012

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
A lottery approach to the PGP would makes the most sense, much like the US green card lotto. Each sponsor would have equal chance in getting the 5000 cap regardless of where they live geographical. Once you are pre-selected for 5000 cap, you have to submit the application by a certain deadline. Of course the additional applicants above 5000 are pre-selected in queue on waitlist to replace anyone that got rejected for incomplete application or missed their application deadline.

This approach would eliminate the madness of trying to get their application in first before everyone else.

dbase1981

May 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014 1:57 PM DD encashed June 25, 2014
AOR Received.
PER August 7, 2014
Med's Request
August 27, 2014
Med's Done....
September 22, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 7, 2014
LANDED..........
September 8, 2015
Schedule A datestamps are the same but if you compare last year, the format is very different. Noticeable in the text fields.

Bessy

Star Member
Dec 1, 2010
dbase1981 said:
Schedule A datestamps are the same but if you compare last year, the format is very different. Noticeable in the text fields.
I noticed that, that's why I downloaded all forms regardless of dates. I didn't use my return package from last year.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
iluvbaguio said:
Good day Guys.

Anybody here knows about the change of format of SCHEDULE A FORM.. They both version 2012-12 but if you open the form on CIC website it is totally different from the form I downloaded 1st week of December. IS THIS A LAST MINUTE CHANGES ON FORMS? Why is it that CIC didn't changes the version number from 2012-12 to 2015-12.. Any thoughts on this? Did you guys used the newer form?
I still see 2012-12 form. Where is 2015-12 form?

Bessy

Star Member
Dec 1, 2010
thecoolguysam said:
Date is still the same but if you will compare from last year's form the format is very different.
I am not sure with the wordings though.

JL2015

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
dbase1981 said:
Okay I just checked CIC website. Yes Schedule A is still dated 12-2012 and CIC did not change the form last minute. It's the same as the one I downloaded the new form in early December 2015. When I filled out the new form, I did notice the format is different than the one from last year.

For people who might have used the old format Schedule A, I just have one question: did you use the exact Schedule A from last year? Because I believe we are supposed to use the lists of new forms for this year. The signatures are supposed to be dated in 2015 as well. We need to input new information for 2015 because we are supposed to list the personal history/addresses from 2005 to 2015 (last 10 years). I don't think CIC office updated last minute...I just checked right now, the form is still as the same as the forms I downloaded end of November/early December.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JL2015 said:
Okay I just checked CIC website. Yes Schedule A is still dated 12-2012 and CIC did not change the form last minute. It's the same as the one I downloaded the new form in early December 2015. When I filled out the new form, I did notice the format is different than the one from last year.

For people who might have used the old format Schedule A, I just have one question: did you use the exact Schedule A from last year? Because I believe we are supposed to use the lists of new forms for this year. The signatures are supposed to be dated in 2015 as well. We need to input new information for 2015 because we are supposed to list the personal history/addresses from 2005 to 2015 (last 10 years). I don't think CIC office updated last minute...I just checked right now, the form is still as the same as the forms I downloaded end of November/early December.
good for you. But CIC should have updated its version number to avoid confusion. Now poor fellows even with same version but old forms could be in trouble. But I will says if they rejected the application on that basis one should try to contest it since version number is same. It is a mess.

boorishbrat1

Jan 6, 2016
thecoolguysam said:
You need not worry if you downloaded the form in December 2015 you'll be fine - Some lazy bums reused previous year's version (most likely from their returned application as is) and are now creating panic & confusion here .. please be responsible in what you post people - everyone here is emotionally invested in this journey and ambiguous comments such as these are not appreciated at all.

tulipo4ka

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
JL2015 said:

I just checked this, I downloaded the form first on Sep 24, 2015 - and it was the old format.
I didn't filled the forms yet in September - just downloaded to look at them - as this is my first year.
At the end of Nov I downloaded them again (on different computer) and started to fill them.
So eventually I filled the latest form - but I didn't even noticed it changed until now that people pointed that out.
I think it's a mistake CIC made, forgetting update the revision of the form and they should accept both forms in this case.

ainpfamily

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
FYI - I get courier packages all of the time from many different companies (including purolater). You would be surprised how often the time is wrong by hours. Sometimes even the day is wrong (i.e. their records show they delivered a day earlier than they actually did). I've always felt that tracking and delivery times can't be relied upon at all.
just trying see glass half full :) hoping best for every one....

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
tulipo4ka said:
The over 3000 apps by UPS - was reported by them - I don't see a reason for UPS to provide wrong number.
The 3000 apps by all small curriers - that is an estimate made by MMC, based on the lineup he saw and conversation with other curriers. But he didn't talk to all of them.
We know the first 3 had about 1000 apps between them and Current express had about 116. We don't know how many the other small carriers had. Let's hope the 3K estimated by MMC is exaggerated.

Purolator is one big mess... not clear if they had 700 or 1500, also not clear if they were before or after Fedex.
Also we don't know how many Fedex had - that would also be something with three zeros.
Purolator did not send their driver dressed in the uniform to deliver the applications. They used 3rd party courier company to deliver the packages to CPC. The reason they do not sent their driver is that their driver will not wait in line to deliver the package as per their work arrangement rules or so called union rules. This information was provided by the Purolator representative from their head office in Mississauga. Atleast for the local deliveries from Aubury Way office, they used 3rd party. You may call their call center to confirm the same.

GideonSword

Dec 9, 2014
It is pretty clear that both Schedule A forms are identical in content (if you check field by field). The slight difference is in format ONLY. That's why they have the same date-stamp (12-2012). Both are valid.

tulipo4ka

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
sapguru said:
Purolator did not send their driver dressed in the uniform to deliver the applications. They used 3rd party courier company to deliver the packages to CPC. The reason they do not sent their driver is that their driver will not wait in line to deliver the package as per their work arrangement rules or so called union rules. This information was provided by the Purolator representative from their head office in Mississauga. You may call their call center to confirm the same.
I already got that, but we do not know what other company they used, so no clue if they were before or after UPS/Fedex or in between. And how many they had 700 or 1500? Still a mess...

wec080

Jan 29, 2015
This is my second year. I didn't reuse last year's forms. I downloaded the forms many times through out the year. My mistake was close to the end of 2015 I didn't bother comparing the whole forms anymore, instead I checked timestamps on the CIC forms link page and the bottom of the forms. It is half my bad luck and half CIC's fault. I don't think I am a lazy bum. There is no need to be rude!