+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

302925mbs

Dec 7, 2015
Hi Guys,
A couple of things I am confused about still:

For the Financial evaluation form:
8 – Minimum Necessary Income; I read the instructions for this in the guide and for the year 2014 it is $47,051, 2013 it is $46,354 and 2012 $45,040 so I wrote the most recent year @ $47,051

9 – Total income available to sponsor; I wrote my income for all three years. The instructions say “If this amount is less than the amount of the minimum necessary income above, you do not meet the sponsorship eligibility requirements. Do not send your application.” My income in above the # in line 8 for 2014 and 2013 but not for 2012 (but it is still higher than the 2012 MIN in the guide). Do I still qualify or no?

Generic Application Form/Schedule A Background Form:
My parents have visited a few other countries but never stayed more than 3 months. So for # 12 under previous countries of residence we put “No”.
On Schedule A though it asks for Personal history and Addresses for past 10 years; should we put this information here that they stayed in a few other countries for a few weeks and so on? Just worried that it will contradict the Generic application form though.

Thanks

ps1957

Oct 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
302925mbs said:
Hi Guys,

8 – Minimum Necessary Income; I read the instructions for this in the guide and for the year 2014 it is $47,051, 2013 it is $46,354 and 2012 $45,040 so I wrote the most recent year @ $47,051

9 – Total income available to sponsor; I wrote my income for all three years. The instructions say “If this amount is less than the amount of the minimum necessary income above, you do not meet the sponsorship eligibility requirements. Do not send your application.” My income in above the # in line 8 for 2014 and 2013 but not for 2012 (but it is still higher than the 2012 MIN in the guide). Do I still qualify or no?

My parents have visited a few other countries but never stayed more than 3 months. So for # 12 under previous countries of residence we put “No”.
On Schedule A though it asks for Personal history and Addresses for past 10 years; should we put this information here that they stayed in a few other countries for a few weeks and so on? Just worried that it will contradict the Generic application form though.

Thanks
MNI has been specified for each year in the Federal Income Tables.

You should meet the MNI for each year as specified in the table.

This is to the best of my understanding.

shinningstar

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
jhutti said:
That is not true. It is biggest misconception.
Quebec people need to satisfy both federal and quebec policy. Right now quebec only expect to check 1 year income.
In hypothetical case, if quebec make rule to check 5 year income. Then u have to satisfy 5 year apart from 3 year federal rules.
Can you please back up your claim with some links from CIC or quebec immigration website that Quebec residents have to satisfy both requirements. Quebec residents dont have to fill out the financial evaluation form so for me it seems that this 3 year LICO rule does not apply to Quebec residents.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/requirements-sponsor/specific-requirements/financial-standards/index.html

bono1

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 06, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar. 06, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar. 13, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun. 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jul. 02, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept. 11, 2014
Rossei said:
After CIC paused Parents & Grandparents Sponsorship Program (PGP) back in Nov, 2011 for 24 months in order to eliminate backlogs, it re-opened the program with 5,000 cap (FCFS/FIFO method) on the number of applications in 2014. Soon it turned out to be a big challenge to make it to 5,000 cap.

Being one of the 2015 PGP applicants, I've seen the stressful period that members of this forum went through. So, here I am to give you some tips for upcoming PGP application hurdle:

1. Use Updated Forms:
- CIC tends to update various PGP application forms every year. For 2014 PGP program, it updated form(s) at the eleventh hour; but for 2015, the latest form was dated November, 2014. So, get informed about the updates and only submit the latest forms from CIC website.

- Make sure you fill all the required forms correctly. Signature fields are very important not to leave empty. It's always a dilemma for those whose parents/grandparents live in home country and you need to have their signature on updated forms before CIC re-opens PGP. Well, you have to take chances here and sort it out yourself.

- All forms (for both 'sponsorship' and 'permanent residence') need to be submitted at the same time unless CIC changes the rules.

- Remember: You are the 'sponsor'and your one of the parents is the 'principal applicant'.

- It's convenient to choose the family size to be same for each year you have to enter in the forms.
(Family Size = Your family + Your Parent(s) + Accompanying Dependents)

2. Start Gathering Supporting Documents:
- If you haven't done so, start gathering all your supporting docs now for 2016. Follow Instruction Guide IMM5772 and Checklist IMM5771.

- The most important document that you (and co-signer if applicable) require to submit is your NOA or Option C for the last 3 taxation years. Since the checklist doesn't say if they have to be original, it's convenient to order Option C by calling CRA. Usually, it takes 2 weeks to deliver. DO NOT try to suffice this requirement by submitting online printouts or any other income proof (T4 or Pay Stubs).

3. Choose Your Courier Wisely:
- This is perhaps the biggest challenge just to send the application in time. In 2014, it took 19 days to fill out the 5000 cap whereas it took only 1 and half day in 2015. So, you can imagine what can happen in 2016. I can bet that only the applicants left out from 2014 & 2015 can fill out 2016 quota themselves.

- In order to deliver your application package on the very first day (preferably by noon) CIC re-opens PGP; you have to choose your courier wisely. Since PGP applications are to be sent to CPC-Mississauga, applicants living in GTA have advantage over the rest of the people. Many large courier services (like UPS, Purolator) couldn't deliver on time as promised in 2015. CanadaPost posted wrong time stamp of delivery. The local express services available in GTA proved to be the most efficient in 2015.

- CIC initially checks for the following things. If any of them is missing, it will not count among 5000 even in case of yours reaching CPC-M on time.
  • All forms are in the application package
  • Latest forms have been used
  • No blanks (especially in signature field)
  • NOA/Option C provided for last 3 taxation years
  • Correct method of payment used

4. Use Correct Method of Payment:
- Incorrect amount or method of payment will result in rejection. Follow Instruction Guide IMM5772.

- If you make it to 5000 cap; CIC will withdraw/encash your payment within 1~4 weeks. This is the unofficial sign of initial acceptance. If you used your credit card info on Payment Form IMM5770, you will see the withdrawal within minutes/hours on your online bank statement.

- In 2014, CIC sent the official AOR in 6 months while in 2015, we received email AOR within 3 months. Some were able to see their E-Cas activated with 'Received' status within 1.5 months.

I hope this info helps you get inside 5,000 cap. Feel free to look at our 2015 timeline spreadsheet (link given in my signature). :)
Hi, do you have a recommendation on a local carrier in the GTA?

bono1

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 06, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar. 06, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar. 13, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun. 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jul. 02, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept. 11, 2014
does anyone know if the forms can have a faxed signature? my mother in law will sign the documents and scan and email back. Is that sufficient, or do we need original signatures?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
bono1 said:
does anyone know if the forms can have a faxed signature? my mother in law will sign the documents and scan and email back. Is that sufficient, or do we need original signatures?
Original is required.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
302925mbs said:
Hi Guys,

If your each year's income is over MNI for respective year listed in the Federal table, you are good.

Visiting is not considered staying. So, you don't have to mention anything anywhere unless your parents stayed for more than 6 months in other countries.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Can someone please help!

In first part of 2012 i was working in company A and rest part of 2012 i worked for company B, I will write these two in separate lines.
Do i still need to write what is on NOA line 150 for 2012 twice or i can write what I have got on my t4 slips?
I am saying this because I got T5 income (interest paid) from my bank which means what I have earned from my employer would not be equal to line 150 of the NOA.

For my employer that I worked for in 2011, I have got a partial payment t4 slip from them for 2012. What should I do with that? Shall I mention that as well?

What do you have to say about it? Please suggest.

TA_Hoss

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Harneet kaur said:
Hey Everyone!

This form has been very helpful so far.

We are living in Quebec and planning to sponsor our parents. However, our family income is sufficient only for years 2013, 2014, 2015 (as per federal LICO) but as per CIC website we need to show proof pf income for years 2012, 2013, 2014(Our income for year 2012 is less than LICO). I have seen at this forum people saying "for Quebec residents we need to show only 1 year income". Is it true?

Thanks in advance for all your inputs!

Yes Its true. Quebec has its own rules regarding the following 2 requirments:
1)Evaluation of Financial capability (which is now for last one year)
2)length of undertaking

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shinningstar said:
Can you please back up your claim with some links from CIC or quebec immigration website that Quebec residents have to satisfy both requirements. Quebec residents dont have to fill out the financial evaluation form so for me it seems that this 3 year LICO rule does not apply to Quebec residents.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/requirements-sponsor/specific-requirements/financial-standards/index.html

As per my understanding , The instruction Guide 5772 have section on quebec residents as pasted below
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Sponsors living in Quebec

The government of Quebec is responsible for determining whether or not sponsors living in the province have the financial ability to sponsor family members and also the length of their undertaking.

If the federal eligibility requirements are met, the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M) will send the sponsor a letter with instructions to download the MIDI undertaking kit, then to complete and submit it to the MIDI with a copy of the letter from CPC-M.

For more information on Quebec's requirements, you may call MIDI's general information line at 514-864-9191 or 1-877-864-9191 or consult their website

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The above second para describe the procedure where CPC Mississauga once satisfy with federal requirement will send letter
to sponsor living in Quebec . The sponsor will use this letter to apply for MIDI undertaking application with Quebec govt.

Rest you can also call CIC for further clarification.

Senior

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 30, 2012
Rossei said:
The keyword here is "dependent" children. You did not mention your brother's age here. Anyway, here is the definition of dependent children:

Definitions of Dependent children (Types 1 and 2)
Your child or the child of your spouse or common-law partner can be considered a dependent child if that child meets the requirements of type 1 or 2 below:

TYPE 1: The child is under the age of 19 and is single (not married and not in a common-law relationship).
TYPE 2: The child is 19 years of age or older and has been financially dependent on a parent since before the age of 19 due to a physical or mental condition.

If neither your brother nor you falls into above 2 category, in other words, if your brother is over 19 and financially dependent; then you two don't have to fill out the form. But your parents do.
yap, he is over 19. Thanks Rossei!

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Can someone please help!

In first part of 2012 i was working in company A and rest part of 2012 i worked for company B, I will write these two in separate lines.
Do i still need to write what is on NOA line 150 for 2012 twice or i can write what I have got on my t4 slips?
I am saying this because I got T5 income (interest paid) from my bank which means what I have earned from my employer would not be equal to line 150 of the NOA.

For my employer that I worked for in 2011, I have got a partial payment t4 slip from them for 2012. What should I do with that? Shall I mention that as well?

What do you have to say about it? Please suggest.
Hi there, I hope someone else answers your question with more certainty, but what I would do in your place, is write the NOA twice since this is what you are submitting as proof and include a note with explanation and photocopies of 2 T4s.

I hope this helps.

shinningstar

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
jhutti said:
As per my understanding , The instruction Guide 5772 have section on quebec residents as pasted below
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Sponsors living in Quebec

The government of Quebec is responsible for determining whether or not sponsors living in the province have the financial ability to sponsor family members and also the length of their undertaking.

If the federal eligibility requirements are met, the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M) will send the sponsor a letter with instructions to download the MIDI undertaking kit, then to complete and submit it to the MIDI with a copy of the letter from CPC-M.

For more information on Quebec's requirements, you may call MIDI's general information line at 514-864-9191 or 1-877-864-9191 or consult their website

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The above second para describe the procedure where CPC Mississauga once satisfy with federal requirement will send letter
to sponsor living in Quebec . The sponsor will use this letter to apply for MIDI undertaking application with Quebec govt.

Rest you can also call CIC for further clarification.
Not being rude or anything but mate you gotta read the instructions one more time.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shinningstar said:
Not being rude or anything but mate you gotta read the instructions one more time.
Bro I am not from quebec. May be past quebec candidates can enlighten. What should I interpret on below line

"If the federal eligibility requirements are met, the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M)....."

So what does CPC Mississauga center check in the sponsorship application from quebec applicants?
Relationship & canada status only? Are you saying they do not check the financial capability part
of the sponsor?

shinningstar

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
jhutti said:
Bro I am not from quebec. May be past quebec candidates can enlighten. What should I interpret on below line

"If the federal eligibility requirements are met, the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M)....."

So what does CPC Mississauga center check in the sponsorship application from quebec applicants?
Relationship & canada status only? Are you saying they do not check the financial capability part
of the sponsor?
Apart from the the financial capacity CPC-M will check for everything else (sponsor eligibility, sponsored person eligibility, etc) for Quebec applications. Quebec has its own forms for undertaking and and checking for sponsor financial capacity which will be evaluated by Quebec itself.