Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
planningtogo said:
Teddy,

Have you got any update about this courier? I am in Vancouver too.

To anyone who can answer please.

Is photocopy of option C fine with CIC or I need to send the original?

Thank you.
You need to send original.

ahrpk

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Hi

I am planning to apply for my parents (dad and mom). I have started filling out the forms. My spouse is not a co signer. In this case, in the Financial Evaluation Form (IMM 5768), do I need to fill out Employment History (no. 18) and Income Sources (no.19) of my spouse?

One more question, my dad is the principal applicant and i put my mom's information as a dependent in Generic Application Form (IMM 0008). So i do not need to fill out the IMM 0008DEP. Right?

Thanks in advance. This forum is excellent. I got lots of help while I applied for my PR. Have a good day!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ahrpk said:
Hi

I am planning to apply for my parents (dad and mom). I have started filling out the forms. My spouse is not a co signer. In this case, in the Financial Evaluation Form (IMM 5768), do I need to fill out Employment History (no. 18) and Income Sources (no.19) of my spouse?

One more question, my dad is the principal applicant and i put my mom's information as a dependent in Generic Application Form (IMM 0008). So i do not need to fill out the IMM 0008DEP. Right?

Thanks in advance. This forum is excellent. I got lots of help while I applied for my PR. Have a good day!
If your husband is not a co-signer, his employment and income is not needed.

alberta2016

Nov 23, 2015
Hello all,

I'm filling out the IMM 0008 form for my mother, who is the principal applicant. She is including her husband as a non-accompanying dependent. Under "Education/Occupation", question 4 asks for the "intended occupation" of the dependent. Given that her husband is "non-accompanying", what should be the answer? "Not applicable"?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

ahrpk

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
screech339 said:
If your husband is not a co-signer, his employment and income is not needed.
Thanks for the reply. If my dad is the principal applicant, and mom is the only one dependent (i put my mom's information as a dependent in Generic Application Form (IMM 0008)), do I still need to fill out the IMM 0008DEP?

Thanks again

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
ahrpk said:
Thanks for the reply. If my dad is the principal applicant, and mom is the only one dependent (i put my mom's information as a dependent in Generic Application Form (IMM 0008)), do I still need to fill out the IMM 0008DEP?

Thanks again
Hi ahrpk, i am writing this reply based on reading the entire post from starting of Rossie; which is in Aug 2015; you don't need to fill IMM0008DEP.

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
hi Guys,

this forum / post is great, love to see lot of people getting answers.

i am also hoping to sponser my mom next year and have few questions about it, sorry for the long laundry list , appreciate if you guys can review and assist.

1) i am sponsering my mother who is a WIDOW so in this case i am assuming that Marriage certificate is not needed, will a death certificate of my father be required?

2) based on point number 1 and also on the fact that my mom doesnt have dpeendent children, i am assuming that point number 7 and 8 of the SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS Section of the documents checklist is not applicable to my scenario, proof of principal application relationship to a depedent spouse or children so i will no select these his in the checklist, can you confirm ?

3) My Spouse is not co-signore on my application so Point number 2 and 3 of the SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS Section of document checlist are not applicable to me, can you please confirm ?

4) Point number 3 and 5 of the form list, statutoary declarion of common law union as i am married and additional depedents (my mom has no dependents) are not applicale for my scenario, pls confirm ?

5) FOR FORM 1344e: Question Number 6 / SPONSOR ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT : HAVE YOU SUBMITTED A PREVIOUS APPLICATION IN RESPECT OF WHICH A FINAL DECISION HAS NOT YET MADE FOR THE PERSON BEING SPONSORED AND THEIR FAMILY MEMEBER?

i found the below in the guide,
•If you answer “Yes” to any question between 5 and 15 ?You are not eligible to be a sponsor. You should not submit an application.
?If you are sponsoring a parent or grandparent, this does not apply to you.

for this question i have chosen yes as i have my wifes application still in progress, sponsor ship is approved but she doesnt have a PR yet, can you advise if this is the correct response to this question and am i still eligible to sponsor ?

Question on form IMM 1344:
Question 6a.Indicate the nature of your relationship to the principal applicant: •Spouse
•Common-law partner
•Conjugal partner
•Child
•Grandchild
•Parent
•Adoptive parent
•Other

principal applicant is my mother so is it going to be parent or Child, confused ?
QUESTIONS on FORM : IMM5768E ( financial evalaution for parents and grand parents sponsership)

1A ) IS your spouse or common law partner signing the undertaking : on this question details of spouse are to be provide name / DOB, my spouseis not cosignor so i am assuming i dont need to fill the details ?

3B) Previous undertakings : i have only signed one undertaking before for my spouse and her PR is still in process so i am assuming the answers below

i) 0
ii) 1
iii) 0
iiii) 0

4) Complete this section only if your spouse is cosigning : my spouse is not co-signer, should i leave the boxes blank or put zeroes in them ?

5) Your Sposuse or common law partner if not included in 3 above : i think i need to leave this also blank or 0 as my spouseis already counted in 3.B ? please confirm.

FINANCIAL REQUIRMENT:

7) Family Size : i have written 3 , me, my spuse and my mom ( no children and fathe deceased)

8) Min income = wrote as 47,051 from the 2014 column of federal income table.

10 ) i am writing my souse name and DOB with reference to answer given in 3.B.ii above. other 3 options i am entering as NONE.

11) Wrote NOT APPLICABLE for all 4 entires as my spuse is not cosigning.

12) Your spouse or partner if not signing the undertaking : entered name / DOB of my spouse here.

13) every other family member : i entered NONE here.

15) employment history : wrote as below: note the first entry , although it says from 01-01-2014 to Present (Dec07,2015) , gross income i am putting only for 2014, please confirm ?

FROM TO EMPLOYER NAME ADDRESS PHONE NUMBER GROSS INCOME FAMILY SIZE
2014-01-01 PRESENT x xxx XXX 2014 GROSS INCOME X
2013-01-01 2013-12-31 x xxx XXX 2013 GROSS INCOME X
2012-01-01 2012-12-31 x xxx XXX 2012 GROSS INCOME X

is above okay or do i need to enter only one line like below and sum the gross income for this duration ?

FROM TO EMPLOYER NAME ADDRESS PHONE NUMBER GROSS INCOME FAMILY SIZE
2012-01-01 PRESENT x XXX XXX TOTAL OF 2012 TO 2014 INCOME X

16) a - entered from NOC, b-g - left 0s as i have not recived any of these aids

17) i am not able to type anything in the box once i select umemployed for my wife, did you face this as well, please advise ?

18) writing NOT APPLICABLE for spouse employment details.

19) Leaving Blank.

please let me know your input on this guys, this will be much appreciated.

thanks,

bono1

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 06, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar. 06, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar. 13, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun. 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jul. 02, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept. 11, 2014
hi, I am planning on co-sponsoring my mother in law in 2016. Can you tell me the exact date i need to courier the package? I heard the morning of Jan 4th, 2016 is when I need to courier the package for same day delivery? can you please confirm?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
bono1 said:
hi, I am planning on co-sponsoring my mother in law in 2016. Can you tell me the exact date i need to courier the package? I heard the morning of Jan 4th, 2016 is when I need to courier the package for same day delivery? can you please confirm?
Jan 4th is the date that CIC need to receive the application package. If you are intending to send the package on same day delivery, on Jan 4th, I am afraid you are pressing your luck in meeting the 5000 cap. A lot of applicants will be sending their package the day or 2 before to ensure that it is delivered on the morning of Jan 4th.

rizwan12345

Jan 25, 2010
Urgent help needed....

I am sponsoring my parents my dad (applicant) and mom. There are no other dependents . I mean my brother and sister all are married and 20+ years old.
Please confirm as we DO NOT have to filled our Additional Dependants/Declaration Form (IMM 0008DEP) form?

I have already mentioned my mother info on the other form and will be doing that on the Additional family information form too so do I still have to fill out the Additional Dependants form IMM 000DEP?

I saw someone else asked the same questions but did not get specific reply.

Cheers

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC

Hi All,

After reading all the post; I asking these 2 questions, please reply

1. My parents got a marriage certificate last year, but its not in one page, its in multiple pages and on the last page it has Registrar seal & signature (the one who authorizes on legal activities in India), do I still need a notarization from a lawyer here (Canada)?[/font]

Reason for multiple pages: it seems if marriage certificate obtained with 6 months of marriage its in 1 page; else its multiple pages; in my case they have got it after 35 years

2. Income list in the table - LICO+30% for last 3 years, for 2012, 2013 I meet, for 2014 its 45500, it should 46051/- (1500 CAD) shortage, yes I hear you, I don't get the eligibility :), just want to say something which none have brought to this thread/forum; I earn through incorporation; its a decision made by my accountant & me, as how much that it should be declared under personal income; so we just decided to go with 45k CAD, because I had sent by package for 2015 but it got returned due to 5000 cap.

Family size = myself and my parents

Note: every year it will be the same because we decide and declare in Apr, CIC decides in oct/nov/dec... if it has to be as per the table, i will never be able to apply for PR for my parents..

Hence please share your views

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kilamans said:
2. Income list in the table - LICO+30% for last 3 years, for 2012, 2013 I meet, for 2014 its 45500, it should 46051/- (1500 CAD) shortage, yes I hear you, I don't get the eligibility :), just want to say something which none have brought to this thread/forum; I earn through incorporation; its a decision made by my accountant & me, as how much that it should be declared under personal income; so we just decided to go with 45k CAD, because I had sent by package for 2015 but it got returned due to 5000 cap.

Family size = myself and my parents

Note: every year it will be the same because we decide and declare in Apr, CIC decides in oct/nov/dec... if it has to be as per the table, i will never be able to apply for PR for my parents..

Hence please share your views
I'm not sure I understand your second question. You know it's mandatory that you meet the income requirement for all three years or your application is automatically refused. It doesn't matter that you are incorporated and that you/your accountant made a decision on how much you should declare under personal income. All that matters is how much you declared in personal income in your tax return. Since you didn't declare enough - you don't meet the requirements to apply. There's no point in applying next year. I would resubmitt your 2014 taxes and declare 47K in personal income. Since it will take time for CRA to process your revised tax return, you're not going to be able to apply to sponsor your parents in 2016. When you declare personal income for your 2015 return, I would declare $50K (assuming you can) to be safe and because you know LICO will increase again next year. You should then be able to apply to sponsor your parents in 2017.

However there's obviously no point in applying now. You're guaranteed to be refused.

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
scylla said:
I'm not sure I understand your second question. You know it's mandatory that you meet the income requirement for all three years or your application is automatically refused. It doesn't matter that you are incorporated and that you/your accountant made a decision on how much you should declare under personal income. All that matters is how much you declared in personal income in your tax return. Since you didn't declare enough - you don't meet the requirements to apply. There's no point in applying next year. I would resubmitt your 2014 taxes and declare 47K in personal income. Since it will take time for CRA to process your revised tax return, you're not going to be able to apply to sponsor your parents in 2016. When you declare personal income for your 2015 return, I would declare $50K (assuming you can) to be safe and because you know LICO will increase again next year. You should then be able to apply to sponsor your parents in 2017.

However there's obviously no point in applying now. You're guaranteed to be refused.
Hi Scylla,

You did understand the question correctly, thanks for the details.
I will resubmit 2014 and also submit with LICO as 47550 with explanation that reassessment of NOA is in process,
if i am lucky, if my application is under 5000 CAP, once i get the AOR#, will send the revised NOA of 2014
Does this makes sense, please reply.

Also you missed my first question about notarized in Canada for the marriage certificate because it is not in one page

please let me know if you need additional details