20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
prcanada said:
point (e) says Amounts paid to you under the Employment Insurance Act, other than special benefits
And then (h) minus line (a) - (e)

Just wondering if parental benefits come under line (e)?
http://www.taxtips.ca/glossary/taxableincome.htm

Total Income for Tax Purposes - Line 150

To calculate Total Income for Tax Purposes (line 150 on the tax return), add:

- income from employment and commissions
- other employment income, including income from wage loss replacement plans
- Old Age Security pension from T4A(OAS) slips
- Canada Pension Plan or Quebec Pension Plan benefits from T4A(P) slips
- other pensions or superannuation
- eligible pension income transferred from spouse (see pension splitting)
- Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB) payments of $100 per month for each dependent child under 6 (claimed on the tax return of the lower income spouse)
- employment insurance and other benefits from T4E slips
- grossed-up Canadian dividends (see dividend tax credit in Glossary)
- interest and other investment income
- net income from partnerships (limited or non-active partners only)
- net rental income
- current year taxable capital gains in excess of current year allowable capital losses, including gains from the sale of personal use property or listed personal property with a cost exceeding $1,000
- taxable support payments received - see CRA pamphlet P102 for information on when support payments are taxable (and deductible to the payer)
- RRSP income from T4RSP slips
- other income, including taxable scholarships, apprenticeship incentive grants, lump sum payments from pensions and deferred profit sharing plans, severance pay and retiring allowances, etc.
- net income from self-employment (business, professional, commission, farming, and fishing)
- Line 147 other payments (included here, but deducted later, at Line 250:
- workers' compensation benefits from T5007 slip
- social assistance payments
- net federal supplements from T4A(OAS) slip

The total of the above is total income for tax purposes, line 150 on the tax return.

You are collecting EI when you go on maturity / parental leave.

It is one of the drawback / problem people have with maturity / parental leave. If they get laid off work shortly after returning to work, they cannot collect EI as they didn't put in enough working hours to qualify for EI again.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
prcanada said:
point (e) says Amounts paid to you under the Employment Insurance Act, other than special benefits
And then (h) minus line (a) - (e)

Just wondering if parental benefits come under line (e)?
I think it should not be mentioned in section "e" because it is covered under special benefits. However, I am also not too sure.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
prcanada said:
My income for last year just falls short of 3K. Should I still try my luck :)
Sure, you can try your luck and find out years later after CIC opens your application for closer examination and see that you didn't meet the 2015 LICO requirement and reject your application and return it.

Or you can wait until Jan 2020 and apply when you meet 2016, 2017, 2018 lico income requirement.

Teddy Chung

Feb 5, 2014
Has anyone heard and/or used Metro Mississauga Courier?

I need a big help.

I'm in Vancouver and looking for a local courier as long as I was cut off twice already. Their website says they launch a specialty service for Jan 4th delivery. it says they will be on line-up at least 1 hour before. it costs $84.75 if I can send my package to them by Dec 23rd.

Any comments will be appreciated.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have the option C of my sister and brother in law but I still don't know where to get the figures for 16b to 16g of the IMM5768.

The EI benefits amount is for 16e? - my sister went on maternity leave.

CIC requires original copy of option C or photocopy is fine?

Thanks.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
planningtogo said:
Hi,

I have the option C of my sister and brother in law but I still don't know where to get the figures for 16b to 16g of the IMM5768.

The EI benefits amount is for 16e? - my sister went on maternity leave.

CIC requires original copy of option C or photocopy is fine?

Thanks.
As far as I know the maternity/paternity benefits come under special benefits, thus it is not required to be mentioned there however I am not too sure.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
thecoolguysam said:
As far as I know the maternity/paternity benefits come under special benefits, thus it is not required to be mentioned there however I am not too sure.
http://www.fcac-acfc.gc.ca/Eng/forConsumers/lifeEvents/havingChildren/Pages/Incometa-Lrsquoim.aspx

Taxable income

Income you receive while on maternity or parental leave is taxable. This includes top-up benefits from your employer, if any, and Employment Insurance (EI) or Quebec Parental Insurance Plan (QPIP) maternity and parental benefits.

However, the amount of income tax deducted from maternity and parental benefits does not take into account salary you received before going on leave or top-up benefits from your employer.

Deductions from your maternity and parental benefits are not based on your total income. Instead, EI or QPIP and your employer(s) will each base their deductions on the assumption that the maternity and parental benefits they provide are the only income you receive in that tax year.

As a result, the tax withheld may not be enough to cover the amount that should have been deducted and you could end up owing tax.

------------------------------------

If maternity / parental benefits are considered to be taxable, it will be part of line 150 gross income.

ABD12345

Dec 4, 2015
Indiapnp said:
Hi Rossei,

You seem to be rocking this link. Congrats to you and thank you for your help.

Hi All, Rossei,

I am sponsoring my parents targeting 2016. Therefore, I have started to fill/familiarize myself with the 2015 PGP forms.

Questions:

1. In the check list form I note that - A marriage certificate is required. However, my parents do not have one.

- Is there a document that I can seek from from somewhere e.g. Local Consulate, affidavit etc..? That will be accepted by the CIC?

Additional Challenge:
My parents are currently visiting Canada (until Jan 2016) which makes seeking any certificate from their home Country a little challenging but if that is the only way I would like to know.

2. I went through the application forms and package of 2015 - it seems that my parents do need any other document but their passport and marriage certificate (that I am trying to find an alternative to).

Is the above understanding true? Please confirm or correct.

Since, my parents are here I am trying to figure out if they need any additional document from back home? I know 2016 package may change but I am doing what I can hoping for best.

3. Their are questions such as DOB, DOD (deceased (wherever applicable), education institution - dates address etc.., in the Background and/or Additional Family background forms.

- Do I need to attach documents supporting those dates and information within the package?

I really appreciate your help.

Please feel free to inquire if I can provide more information to receive a more clear or more certain response from you.

Thank you,

Cheers.

Hello Indiapnp,

I'm in the similar situation. My parents are visiting and they will leave Canada in Jan-2016. How did you fill up questions 10, 11, 12 of Generic Application (IMM0008)?

your answer would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
ABD12345 said:
Hello Indiapnp,

I'm in the similar situation. My parents are visiting and they will leave Canada in Jan-2016. How did you fill up questions 10, 11, 12 of Generic Application (IMM0008)?

your answer would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
My mom was with me on SuperVisa when I applied, so I put "Canada" as her current country of residence. But if your parents are leaving soon, you may choose to type your home country. It's not a big matter. CIC actually wants to know if your parents live/lived somewhere else other than their country of citizenship. If they did, CIC would require more info from each country for background checks.

adelebai

Aug 10, 2015
jhutti said:
Book a hotel or paying guest accommodation for a week in new year in GTA. Try few things
1. Shop around for local courier people who can stand in line early morning
2. Use fedex that guarantee 9 am or 11 am reaching service. Thru nothing is gurantee on that day
3 use purorator same day service while in GTA on 4th jan
Purorator same day service person also charge 30 dollar per hour for standing in line. They note down your credit card number and charged later.
Best of luck
Could anyone name a few Toronto couriers that provide the services that people stand in line early morning? As I am from Alberta, and I am planning to use a Toronto courier on Dec 31, 2015.

Thanks a million!

ABD12345

Dec 4, 2015
Rossei said:
My mom was with me on SuperVisa when I applied, so I put "Canada" as her current country of residence. But if your parents are leaving soon, you may choose to type your home country. It's not a big matter. CIC actually wants to know if your parents live/lived somewhere else other than their country of citizenship. If they did, CIC would require more info from each country for background checks.
Thanks for your response. If I fill up country of residence other than Canada, it will gray out the Question 11 which says Date and Place of your last entry to Canada. Should I fill that question up by hand?

Regards,

YYCDavid

Dec 4, 2015
Hi Rossie,

I'm considering to sponsor my mother this time. However, I have a couple of questions regarding family size in my application. Can you help me?
Thanks in advance!!!

In my case, I'm divorced and sponsoring my mother. So, now the family size is 2(me and my mom, no dependent for me and her). However, in 2012 and 2013, I was in a marriage.

So, (1) the family size in 2012 and 2013 should be 2 or 3?
(2) If the family size was 3, should the minimal income satisfy the requirement for 3 people in 2012 and 2013?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks
David

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
YYCDavid said:
Hi Rossie,

I'm considering to sponsor my mother this time. However, I have a couple of questions regarding family size in my application. Can you help me?
Thanks in advance!!!

In my case, I'm divorced and sponsoring my mother. So, now the family size is 2(me and my mom, no dependent for me and her). However, in 2012 and 2013, I was in a marriage.

So, (1) the family size in 2012 and 2013 should be 2 or 3?
(2) If the family size was 3, should the minimal income satisfy the requirement for 3 people in 2012 and 2013?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks
David
Your family size would be 2 if your mother is divorced or widower.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Teddy Chung said:
Has anyone heard and/or used Metro Mississauga Courier?

I need a big help.

I'm in Vancouver and looking for a local courier as long as I was cut off twice already. Their website says they launch a specialty service for Jan 4th delivery. it says they will be on line-up at least 1 hour before. it costs $84.75 if I can send my package to them by Dec 23rd.

Any comments will be appreciated.
Teddy,

Have you got any update about this courier? I am in Vancouver too.

To anyone who can answer please.

Is photocopy of option C fine with CIC or I need to send the original?

Thank you.