+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

mukkucanada

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got a copy of waybill.
My application was delivered at 8:50 am yesterday and signed by EARL.

tjd

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Rossei said:
Happy 2016 and a very good morning all,

It's unfortunate for you guys that CIC decided to stick with 5,000 cap. Anyway, today is the big day and I wanted to wish you all good luck.

Re: filling out the Google SS, could you be more attentive? For example, I only asked for APPLICATION RECEIVED DATE & TIME (by CPC-M) which you would only know today. In other words, fill out Column E, F & G of New Entry sheet once you know them. Thanks.
Hi Rossei,

Do you remember, from 2015, the sample size i.e. the total number of entries in the spreadsheet which represented the %age of total population of applications. I think I was able to calculate it fairly accurately based on the first application that got sent back. I think it was between 0.85%- 0.65%

This year, 2016, I have calculated that based on number of deliveries at 9:43 AM entered by the forum members, i.e. 12 divided by 1000, (the rumored 700+ applications by Purolator)
12/1000 = 1.2%
This can't be right, because it can't be better if not worse than 0.85

Please see the sheet "Projections" that I created. Unfortunately, I can't access the sheet from work due to firewall settings.

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rossei,

How do I add my info to the sheet? I am trying to add my info in the "New Entry" sheet but I can't seem to do so. Where do I enter my username? When I click username it only opens the drop down.

Thanks.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
blueboy said:
Hi Rossei,

How do I add my info to the sheet? I am trying to add my info in the "New Entry" sheet but I can't seem to do so. Where do I enter my username? When I click username it only opens the drop down.

Thanks.
The first line says it "Use a free row from 7 to 60". You are trying to use Row 6, this is only to show what you have entered before (if applicable).

cesarp

Dec 30, 2015
After no answers or calls from Purolator (calgary) my package magically appeared in Ontario and it's on its way to deliver :mad:
I started a 'friendly' post in Purolator's page yesterday night in case you want to join and 'share' your thoughts with them too..

I may write to the media a little bit later when this is all done..
In their defense, they said '9am delivery' but they didn't say from which day.. :eek: .. oh wait, they will not even meet the 9am delivery time.. a day later! :'(

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
The first line says it "Use a free row from 7 to 60". You are trying to use Row 6, this is only to show what you have entered before (if applicable).
Yepp I read that. I was trying to enter my username in line 22. Not sure if I was doing it right. I then tried row 6, which I knew was to filter out the results but nothing happened.

I just refreshed the sheet and see there is only one entry on line 7. I am trying to type my username in A8. Nothing happens :(.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
tjd said:
Hi Rossei,

Do you remember, from 2015, the sample size i.e. the total number of entries in the spreadsheet which represented the %age of total population of applications. I think I was able to calculate it fairly accurately based on the first application that got sent back. I think it was between 0.85%- 0.65%

This year, 2016, I have calculated that based on number of deliveries at 9:43 AM entered by the forum members, i.e. 12 divided by 1000, (the rumored 700+ applications by Purolator)
12/1000 = 1.2%
This can't be right, because it can't be better if not worse than 0.85

Please see the sheet "Projections" that I created. Unfortunately, I can't access the sheet from work due to firewall settings.
I clearly remember that it reached 3%. Spreadsheet users represented 3% of the total PGP applicants across Canada. At first, we were worrying that it won't even reach 1% (although our guts were telling otherwise). I personally thought it would reach at least 2% (3% at best).

Furthermore, there are always rumors. People were getting all these 4 digit serial numbers by calling CIC last year. I recall some applicant received a number like 4700+ when his application reached late afternoon on the first day. If that was the case, my application would never make it to 5000 on the following day around 11am.

Indiapnp

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Hi All,

So now that our applications have being delivered. What are the next steps we wait for an acceptance conformation in email?

Another way to tell (whether the package is accepted) would be when the amount charged on credit card (for those paying by CC).

Any thoughts?

Good luck to those who have their package on route.

Thank you.

tjd

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Rossei said:
I clearly remember that it reached 3%. Spreadsheet users represented 3% of the total PGP applicants across Canada. At first, we were worrying that it won't even reach 1% (although our guts were telling otherwise). I personally thought it would reach at least 2% (3% at best).

Furthermore, there are always rumors. People were getting all these 4 digit serial numbers by calling CIC last year. I recall some applicant received a number like 4700+ when his application reached late afternoon on the first day. If that was the case, my application would never make it to 5000 on the following day around 11am.
Rossei,

May I kindly request you to grant me write access to your workbook. I would like to simplify and enhance it's capabilities.
tjdevgan@gmail.com

Thanks,
TJ

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Purolator website now says that my document is in On vehicle for delivery.. This should be yesterday if they didn't mess up .. :( :( :( :( :(

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
ElenaRu said:
Hi.
I understand that everbody is anxious and waiting for cc charged, but Im planning my father-in-law (FIL) sponsorship next year already)))
And have one question, if someone pay attention to my post)))
Can we sponsor him, but not his wife? Can we not include her in application at all? Or include, but mark her as unaccompanied?
The thing is we (and FIL too) dont want she even know about it, and we have no data about fer family (parents, siblings, children). so will not be able to fill the form for her correctly.
Or its impossible and they have to get divorce before we start process?
thanks)
Lena, Happy New Year :)). I'm afraid that the only way to immigrate for your father-in-law is to get a divorce. As far as I remember even if a spouse is not going to accompany a principal applicant she/he still needs to have a medical exam. But I'm not sure for 100%, you better double check it.

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Guys... My application for my Mom + Dad and MIL and FIL was delivered 8:52AM today.. I guess all Purolator Alberta was received same time as mine.. We pray that we can still make it.. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iluvbaguio said:
Guys... My application for my Mom + Dad and MIL and FIL was delivered 8:52AM today.. I guess all Purolator Alberta was received same time as mine.. We pray that we can still make it.. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
YAY!!! All the best !!! ;D ;D

imran7799

Jun 21, 2010
Surat
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
March 2011
LANDED..........
July 15, 2011
ta2 said:
I contacted Purolator and they said they delivered 700 applications today. Here's the updated table. Numbers in bold based on comments in this thread. Numbers in italic are a guesstimate based on the 2016 PGP tracking spreadsheet. Whether the cap has been reached already largely depends on the UPS and FedEx numbers, as well as how they treat CanadaPost deliveries to their PO box (different address).

8:21Happy Road Express700
8:21?The Messengers Express150
8:21?VW Express150
8:30BNS50
8:31UPS1000
8:40??50
8:45Metro Mississauga50
8:45GTA Express50
9:00Messengers Int'l50
9:19FedEx1000
9:20Current Express50
9:43Purolator700
Jan 4th Others (after 9:43)50
TOTAL JAN 4TH4050
Hi,

I see you have listed Purolator at 9:43 AM on JAN 4th. But mine (and some others who used Purolator Same Day Service) was delivered at 10:08 AM.