+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

CanIndUS

Nov 7, 2017
Hello mates, travel history requested for past 12 months. Is there any format in which we need to furnish this. There have not been any travel made by parents though in past year. Additionally can someone highlight if its heading in right direction and whats next to expect. Appreciate insights...

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018
Hello mates, travel history requested for past 12 months. Is there any format in which we need to furnish this. There have not been any travel made by parents though in past year. Additionally can someone highlight if its heading in right direction and whats next to expect. Appreciate insights...
Use Form IMM 5562 for Travel History. Here is the link of the form.
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5562e.pdf

Can you share your timeline and visa office?

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
I made a thread re: this in 2016. Although time passed, this may still work. Here's the link to the thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/tips-on-linking-pgp-app-to-mycic-account.449670/
Thanks Rossei...will try and see if it works. I was reading your post about pcc for non accompanying family members. When I sponsored my parents ...my sister was part of application since she was under 22...but she got married and moved to Germany so we took her out of application as she didn't qualify as dependent child anymore....now will cic ask us for her police clearance as well even though she is married and has a baby and lives in germany??

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
Not sure. Did you try calling CIC help desk? Maybe the agents there might be able to assist you on the spot.[/QUOT. No I did not try it. Will try.

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hello to all forum members! My family received the medical and pcc along with additional document request in 2015....after that they asked for DNA test....and medicals expired so in november 2017 they requested another medical which my parents did.......my question is it has been 1.5 years since their pcc expired ( valid for 12 months) should we do updated police clearance or wait for the NDVO to request it from us?

Cay25

Jan 4, 2018
I have a question my in laws received this email stating that "in order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
Passport/travel document: valid passport or travel document. This must be received at this office by 2018/02/15

Is this a passport request? Thanks

mghchdh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2017
I have a question my in laws received this email stating that "in order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
Passport/travel document: valid passport or travel document. This must be received at this office by 2018/02/15

Hi, it does seem like that to me at least :)

mghchdh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2017

Also, please can you share your timeline. It helps the rest of us a lot.
Thanks.

valipir

Dec 11, 2017
Hello All,

Hoping that someone knows answer to my question. I have received following email from New Delhi office. I am assuming that the requested materials are to be physically mailed to the Delhi high commission and should not be submitted online/email? Please advise.

Thanks

On Dec 8, 2017, at 4:26 PM, DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca wrote:

This refers to your application for admission to Canada.
In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

• Three (3) updated photographs each for you and for all accompanying dependants. For each person, make sure that their name is written on the back of at least one photo. The photos must be no more than 6 months old. Photograph specifications can be found on our website at the following address: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E33029.PDF
  • A police clearance certificate for time spent in any country for a period of 6 months or more, for you and for all accompanying dependants over the age of 18, if the prior certificates on file are greater than 12 months old. For information on how to apply for a police certificate, see our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp

This must be received by January 20, 2017.

Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote our complete file number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the High Commission at the address indicated below.
Immigration Section / Section de l’immigration
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde

Reactions: Punjab83

Cay25

Jan 4, 2018
Also, please can you share your timeline. It helps the rest of us a lot.
Thanks.
I do not have all the details of their timeline but here is what I know:
Received application at jan4 1047 through Canada post
Processes by Ottawa
Med request and police clearance jan29, 2017
Med done feb 6, 2017
Police clearance forward to them February 22,2017
Remedical request sent dec 29, 2017
Pre arrival letter sent dec 30, 2017
Jan 3, 2018- received that letter that they are saying in order to continue they need the passport.

That is why I am confuse because they just sent a remedical just a few days ago. Could anybody help me thanks

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone ,

Happy new year.

So just an update that finally got the letter from London visa office to submit passport and an attached appendix A ( updated information chart ).My parents have been given the option to submit passports in passports in Ottawa as they are here.I have few questions if someone can help

1). How long it takes for Ottawa to return passports ?
2). Their medicals expiring in 1st wk of March so have been asked to land before that.So far Landing procedure how long it is taking to book an appointment and if i should book an appointment now or once i recieve passports back ? Somewhere i read that on Ottawa there is an office where u can walk in on some specified days of wk to complete the landing process ?
3).After landing how long it is taking now a days for PR card as they had a return ticket already booked for 20th march so am not sure if they will be able to have PR card by that time ?
4).And in appendix A it asks for principal applicant details , spouse and then children.My question is as my parents applied for immigration so they need to fill up application of children even they are not on application or it is just filling up the application of parents and leve the children empty as they didnot apply for immigration and infact my siblings are no more children . So i am confused in filling up this application form

Help as always will be appreciated.

Cheers

PS:ZTariq any update

Last edited:

Punjab83

Aug 17, 2017
Hello All,

Hoping that someone knows answer to my question. I have received following email from New Delhi office. I am assuming that the requested materials are to be physically mailed to the Delhi high commission and should not be submitted online/email? Please advise.

Thanks

On Dec 8, 2017, at 4:26 PM, DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca wrote:

This refers to your application for admission to Canada.
In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

• Three (3) updated photographs each for you and for all accompanying dependants. For each person, make sure that their name is written on the back of at least one photo. The photos must be no more than 6 months old. Photograph specifications can be found on our website at the following address: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E33029.PDF
  • A police clearance certificate for time spent in any country for a period of 6 months or more, for you and for all accompanying dependants over the age of 18, if the prior certificates on file are greater than 12 months old. For information on how to apply for a police certificate, see our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp
This must be received by January 20, 2017.

Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote our complete file number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the High Commission at the address indicated below.
Immigration Section / Section de l’immigration
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde
Hello Valipir
I got the same email on Nov 21/ 2017 and my Conultant Physically mailed CIC New Delhi these documents. Can u pls share your timeline. Thanks