+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

CanIndUS

Nov 7, 2017
Thanks a lot, dadaum, that is very helpful. An additional complication is that her passport expires within 6 months. I believe they require passport to be valid for at least 6 months. Getting a new passport is going to be significantly lengthy in Canada. Has anyone tried getting a stamping with pp validity less than 6 months? I have seen differring opinions on this on different forums. Hoping someone can share their experience.

I doubt on this. Processing is based on nationality and accordingly the application is processed. Her passport have to be sent to NVDO only

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot, dadaum, that is very helpful. An additional complication is that her passport expires within 6 months. I believe they require passport to be valid for at least 6 months. Getting a new passport is going to be significantly lengthy in Canada. Has anyone tried getting a stamping with pp validity less than 6 months? I have seen differring opinions on this on different forums. Hoping someone can share their experience.
They do need passport valid for more than 6 months to stamp visa.
Also getting Indian passport should not take you more than 4-6 weeks here in Canada.
http://www.blsindia-canada.com/new_ppt.php
My suggestion is to renew the passport right-away, you can explain this to immigration if needed.

302925mbs

Dec 7, 2015
We got requested to re do medicals from NDVO. originally we got the letter in August 2016 for medicals but i guess they expired. this time they also requested PCC and RPRF.

Question: parents were in Canada on super visa in 2016 for 8 months and 2017 for 6 months. So do we need to get PCC from canada as well since they stayed longer than 6 months?

Last edited:

tucosword

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
I really need some help - its murky

Since the flurry of NDVO activity and PCC and medicals and RPRF all were done in 2016 August - we now have a repeat request for the medicals.
My parents were in South Africa at that time and when they applied.
Right now - my dad is in the US with my brother and my mom is with me here in Toronto.
We have limited time to do the medicals - can we go ahead and do them here and in the US(for mom and dad)? Even though the address on the medical form states South African address - As in will this raise any red flags?
They weren't planning on going back for a while in case someone suggests they fly back to South Africa just for a medical.

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really need some help - its murky

Since the flurry of NDVO activity and PCC and medicals and RPRF all were done in 2016 August - we now have a repeat request for the medicals.
My parents were in South Africa at that time and when they applied.
Right now - my dad is in the US with my brother and my mom is with me here in Toronto.
We have limited time to do the medicals - can we go ahead and do them here and in the US(for mom and dad)? Even though the address on the medical form states South African address - As in will this raise any red flags?
They weren't planning on going back for a while in case someone suggests they fly back to South Africa just for a medical.
You can do the medicals anywhere as long as the Panel Physician is approved by IRCC.

kstecina

Nov 16, 2017
Reading all these is very useful for me. Thanks everyone! Has there been talks about the opening time in 2018 for new submissions?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Reading all these is very useful for me. Thanks everyone! Has there been talks about the opening time in 2018 for new submissions?
first working day of 2018 - Jan.02

302925mbs

Dec 7, 2015
We got PCC request but If parents were in Canada on supervisa for more than 6 months, do we need to get PCC from Canada as well as India? Please advise.

302925mbs

Dec 7, 2015
PCC from Canada will be requested on your PCC Request mail/email. If it hasn't been requested, it's not required. I've seen many parents living here on TRV/Super visa and CIC didn't ask for PCC (Canada). They (including mine) were fine not voluntarily providing a PCC (Canada).
Hi Rossei,

out email states:
> Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, for you and your spouse. This must be received at this office by:

So how do i know whether we should get one from Canada as well?

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hey Folks,

All the people who got Re-medical requests from NDVO, did anyone got Passport request after submission of Re-Medical ??

Your reply will be appreciated. Thanks

rmash

Feb 24, 2013
They have been updating the status on myCIC.
NO PPR yet.
Got the re-medical done Nov 14, but no PPR yet, nor has there been any change on myCIC - continues to show 'We are reviewing your medical results'. However, this was the status even before the re-medicals.

IndoCanadian777, can you share when was yr re-medical done, and when/what changes did you see on myCIC?