+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

TA_Hoss

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bsz said:
So what? Is it a date stamp? What if more than 5000 apps are received in the first day?
if they put only date stamp and there is high probability that they will get much more over 5000 applications today. then how they will consider 5000 from all those valid over 5000 application from today. I just dont have any idea...

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JL2015 said:
I just spoke to my courier guy on phone. He explained a lot of things very well....he told me that Happy Road has several hundreds applications because the couriers drivers told each other the # of applications they have...Also, he told me that he (Metro Mississauga), VW and Happy Road there the first 3 guys. Happy Road was the first, Metro Mississauga the second, VW the third. He explained to me how the process works. CIC office has 3 windows to process (to sign) the applications, they do not put time stamp, just date stamp on each application, then they put a bundle of applications in one cage. Once they filled up one cage, they will fill up the next one...Then they will process the applications in the cage on a sort of "first come and first serve" basis. So it's hard to know whether first application they will process is actually from the 1st courier company in line or the 3rd courier in line.

I do agree, CIC need to improve their system and have the process be more time sensitive instead of "lottery". I do believe the people who got their applications accepted earlier have higher chances...but not 100% guaranteed.

Good luck to all of us! We are all the victims of this twisted system...
Do you know at what time they started taking applications as mine was delivered by UPS at 7:36

hkx23

Dec 4, 2015
JL2015 said:
I just spoke to my courier guy on phone. He explained a lot of things very well....he told me that Happy Road has several hundreds applications because the couriers drivers told each other the # of applications they have...Also, he told me that he (Metro Mississauga), VW and Happy Road there the first 3 guys. Happy Road was the first, Metro Mississauga the second, VW the third. He explained to me how the process works. CIC office has 3 windows to process (to sign) the applications, they do not put time stamp, just date stamp on each application, then they put a bundle of applications in one cage. Once they filled up one cage, they will fill up the next one...Then they will process the applications in the cage on a sort of "first come and first serve" basis. So it's hard to know whether first application they will process is actually from the 1st courier company in line or the 3rd courier in line.

I do agree, CIC need to improve their system and have the process be more time sensitive instead of "lottery". I do believe the people who got their applications accepted earlier have higher chances...but not 100% guaranteed.

In this case, if they don't time stamp the application this year. does it mean my 7:36am delivery is going to be ok then? I am so worried.

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hkx23 said:
In this case, if they don't time stamp the application this year. does it mean my 7:36am delivery is going to be ok then? I am so worried.
I am worried as well...It was guaranteed for 10:30 am and the ups guy told me first delivery starts at 8:30 am. Did expect it to be too early as 7:36

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
emceemouli said:
Do you know at what time they started taking applications as mine was delivered by UPS at 7:36
Yeah , weird that it was before 8 am , I'm also on that 7:36 am UPS batch , signed by ADUSEI .

blurryface236

Jan 4, 2016
I just drove to Case Processing Centre-Mississauga and there was only Canada Post there and Purolator was driving out of the parking lot

Apparently no more line ups

JL2015

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
emceemouli said:
I am worried as well...It was guaranteed for 10:30 am and the ups guy told me first delivery starts at 8:30 am. Did expect it to be too early as 7:36
I don't know but I can ask...perhaps UPS made a mistake on the time?

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JL2015 said:
If you can ask your guys...will be much appreciated..will be helpful for all guys who chose ups...

aks13

Mar 21, 2011
JL2015 said:

Thanks for the info.. did your courier tell you how many applications each courier had? Did he give you any sort of rough numbers?

ta2

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2013-02-07
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
2013-02-28
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
2013-11-26
Med's Done....
2013-12-02
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-12-19
VISA ISSUED...
2014-01-03
LANDED..........
2014-01-03 at Peach Arch, BC
CIC updated their website today (at here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/sponsor-parents.asp

We started accepting new applications to sponsor parents and grandparents on January 4, 2016 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. We will accept 5,000 new and complete applications. Your application will be returned to you if it is incomplete or if the cap has been reached.
Previously it said:

We will start taking new applications to sponsor parents and grandparents on January 4, 2016 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. There will be a cap on the number we accept. We will not accept applications we receive before this date.
So looks like the cap is again 5000. Hope ours was in time.

hkx23

Dec 4, 2015
JL2015 said:
I am not sure they made a mistake on the time. it's usually the same guy delivery in the same route. I was told by UPS that the delivery guy should be experienced and know this stuff. If he dropped off at 7:36 am. most likely it's like the another guy mentioned in my previous post that CIC might decided to take application a little bit early this year to reduce the line up. we will find out.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
this is a nightmare.. hopefully we make it through..

I won't even know soon because I used certified cheque which was a hassle because i don't have cheque book and they don't accept drafts.

aks13

Mar 21, 2011
dbss said:
this is a nightmare.. hopefully we make it through..

I won't even know soon because I used certified cheque which was a hassle because i don't have cheque book and they don't accept drafts.
i am in the same boat as you.. i used a certified cheque too. on the brighter side, we removed the possibility of error due to issues in cc processing.

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Purolator Calgary Mess it up big time. I call customer service and they said that our documents are still here in Calgary and will arrived at Mississauga CIC office tomorrow. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Promised 9AM today was not done....

JL2015

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
aks13 said:
Thanks for the info.. did your courier tell you how many applications each courier had? Did he give you any sort of rough numbers?
He told me that the first 3 courier guys had about 1,000 applications...