+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

JL2015

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
2016PGP said:
Hi Rossei, appreciated your thoughts regarding my situation, After the SA email letter from CPC-M, We received letter/email from LVO ( Hong Kong) in July 7th, requested everything, everything, LVO asked to MAIL to LVO as indicated on letter ( not Webform, not email whatsoever) . We did, mailed EVERYTHING they asked for to LVO on July 28th. now nearly 4 months later, I can login E-CASE and GCkey by using the receipt number (RPRF), which means they DID received the package we sent to them in July ( Copy of RPRF receipt is one of the documents we sent in the mail )..

To date, it still shows " In process " and Medical: " Not needed at this time "

Is it normal or something I should be worried about?

Your situation is exactly same as mine. We received upfront medical request and additional information on July 7, did medical on July 8 submitted everything within 30 days also status showing medical not needed at this time just emailed Hong Kong visa office not sure if they will respond let's keep each other updated my email
Jenniferzhu2009@gmail.com we have a new born informed CIC 2 months ago don't know what's gonna happen next

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
Hi All - quick question, I was staying in the US for last 5 years, got my Canada PR and moved to Canada in June 2016 (this year).

Do I need to wait for 3 years to sponsor my parents ? (to submit the T4's etc)

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated !!

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
deerestlovelybear said:
COMPLETELY IGNORANT!!!! Have you even applied for update of status and then see if they will request an update in income requirments! Do not spread the wrong information, please CLARIFY with CIC, the requirements have changed from 1 year to 3 years and only document accepted is Income tax return or Option C print out and only 1 line is looked at 150 for 3 years! Previously it was asked to reassess 12 months preceeding the changes due to the requirements of only current year income, that have CHANGED!
Let me be very Clear to you... I am not reply based upon my knowledge. I am replying based upon FACTS

I personally have already informed CIC of a family size change. I also contacted Call center and the agent told me VERY CLEARLY that the year the family size changes, from then onwards you are liable to maintain the new LICO income applicable.

Did you start feeling bad about your own ignorance now deerestlovelybear ?????

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone here clarify what is the process of informing CIC about an addition to the family (new baby)? Do I just need to send an email, birth certificate (short or long?) and NOA for 2016? Since the baby came few weeks back, don't I need to wait for the 2016 fiscal year to complete before I can send the 2016 NOA (after filing taxes)? Or do I need to send 2015 NOA? Also, is email enough or do I need to fill in some form(s)?

Thanks.

Bessy

Star Member
Dec 1, 2010
My dad recieved this in his email. RPRF was mentioned at the bottom of this email. Is this a request for RPRF payment also or we will receive a separate one for that?

Date: November 15, 2016

UCI: xxxx Application: xxxxxxx
Xxxxxx
Email:

Dear :

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø Name xxxxx
Police Certificate: Please provide us with a scanned copy of an original National Bureau of Investigations (NBI) Clearance Certificate from the Philippines. This must be received at this office by: 2016/12/30

Ø Name xxxxx
Police Certificate: Please provide us with a scanned copy of an original National Bureau of Investigations (NBI) Clearance Certificate from the Philippines. This must be received at this office by: 2016/12/30

*The green NBI Clearance certificate annotated for travel abroad is the correct certificate. Other colours are for local use only and are not acceptable.

Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.

You can pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee online by visiting: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en. Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format. Please send the receipt with your application number in the title to the following email CPCO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca. Please note that the RPRF ($490 per adult) is separate from the processing fees ($550 per adult and $150 per child) which were paid at the time of submitting the application.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 45 days from the date of this letter.

If we do not receive a response within the time allotted to you from the date of this notice, a decision will be made based on the information on your file, which could result in the refusal of your application.

Please reply directly to this email and put your application number in the title.

Please note:

· Any documents submitted which are not in English or French must be accompanied by a notarized translation in either English or French.
· Please send us scanned versions of the requested documents. Please do not submit originals, unless otherwise stated, as documents submitted will not be returned.
· Please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email, totaling less than 5 MB.

Regards,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bessy said:
My dad recieved this in his email. RPRF was mentioned at the bottom of this email. Is this a request for RPRF payment also or we will receive a separate one for that?
You can go ahead and pay RPRF. I did.

JL2015

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
canadian1980 said:
just spoke to wife of my brother ,she told me that my brother was just pulling my legs as he always do, she informed cic regarding the baby and send noc for year 2015 too but it was after sponsership approval, medicals are done and pcc done. still waiting for PPR. they went to niagra fall as they had visitors from usa. but parents are still on super visa. I was panking loll. they decided to play the prank on me hahahha. so 2016 applicant but no pr yet.
Hello! I also gave birth in July 2016. I submitted birth certificate in September. Haven't submitted my NOA for 2015 yet? Should I submit now? Should I wait for CIC to contact me?

Thank you!

scut3424

Nov 16, 2016
2016PGP said:
Hi Rossei, appreciated your thoughts regarding my situation, After the SA email letter from CPC-M, We received letter/email from LVO ( Hong Kong) in July 7th, requested everything, everything, LVO asked to MAIL to LVO as indicated on letter ( not Webform, not email whatsoever) . We did, mailed EVERYTHING they asked for to LVO on July 28th. now nearly 4 months later, I can login E-CASE and GCkey by using the receipt number (RPRF), which means they DID received the package we sent to them in July ( Copy of RPRF receipt is one of the documents we sent in the mail )..

To date, it still shows " In process " and Medical: " Not needed at this time "

Is it normal or something I should be worried about?
Hi,

I also have the same situation of you. Keep in touch and see what will happen next.

NoorDxbA

Jan 12, 2016
Re: Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants - applying for 2017

My sister is on student visa and her all expenses are paid by my parents but she is staying with me.
My queries:
1. Is she considered dependent?
2. Should I include my sister in family count during financial evaluation?

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Rossei said:
Well, I noticed it on 7-Oct morning on CanadaPost with the update that Ottawa dispatched the passport at 6:19 PM on 6-Oct. I didn't check CP tracker during the evening of 6-Oct, so don't know when it actually started tracking.
Rossie, CPC-Ottawa, which was stamping my parent's passport, sent passport to St. John location as per the Canada Post tracking number. I have called them 3 times yesterday to get more detail, but they told there are not aware to which address it is sent as they do not track the receiver address but just the tracking number. Canada post has a similar story where they do not track which address they delivered the package, only that it was delivered.
I called CIC again today to ask them to file a claim with Canada Post as only sender can file it. They told me different story today. Per them they sent the passports to St. John office for visa stamping and they have a note on the file. They did not mentioned when St. John office will send the passport back to me. I asked him the receiver address on the tracking number was Mississauga and how could they change it to St. John, for which they did not have an explanation. They asked me to keep checking the tracking number which should now change to Mississauga. Our family is totally shocked since yesterday after seeing the package delivered to St. John. Now, the news from today give bit relief. However, I am not trusting on the updated info from CIC completely yet and I have also not seen any case like this. I would request you and other members to provide their feedback if passports can be sent to St. John for stamping. I will also check CEC forum which is frequently sending passport for stamping to CPC-Ottawa.

Bobby82

May 25, 2016
EmmEmm said:
Hi All - quick question, I was staying in the US for last 5 years, got my Canada PR and moved to Canada in June 2016 (this year).

Do I need to wait for 3 years to sponsor my parents ? (to submit the T4's etc)

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated !!

Hi, Yes you need to show only your canadian income and tax returns to sponsor your parents in Canada.

Bobby82

May 25, 2016
Re: Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants - applying for 2017

NoorDxbA said:
My sister is on student visa and her all expenses are paid by my parents but she is staying with me.
My queries:
1. Is she considered dependent?
2. Should I include my sister in family count during financial evaluation?
Hi, I guess your sister is on Student Visa in Canada and above 18, so she is not considered as dependent. Please do verify this on CIC website.

Thanks!!

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
xzev said:
Has anybody had an experience with medical of a parent who has a history of heart condition like a bypass surgery and angioplasty?Iam wondering if this is considered to be ineligible on the grounds of placing excessive demand on the Canadian public health system?
I'm not sure 100% but my dad had such surgery and both of my parents' medical exams have passed. I don't think you should be worried. I think the CIC is only concerned about diseases that can be contagious...well I could be wrong..

tweetyishere

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Request
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
03-11-2016
my father had a heart surgery 10 years ago and the doctor asked for a recent cardiologist report, eco and ECG.
if the condition is stable and they do not doubt that it will deteriorate anytime soon, then it should be ok.
mind that this is a case by case decision, and the main criteria is whether the parent will represent a burden on the health system (more than 6400$ per year for the next five years)

xzev said:
Has anybody had an experience with medical of a parent who has a history of heart condition like a bypass surgery and angioplasty?Iam wondering if this is considered to be ineligible on the grounds of placing excessive demand on the Canadian public health system?

Anon2016

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hi Guys,

Have a question for those that submitted photo's to CIC.
Did you have the back of only one photo stamped by the studio or both photo's were stamped on the back by the studio?

Thanks!