+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

lili2013

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
ac9837 said:
Anybody received CSQ recently for parents application?
hello,

my credit card charged on July 29th for CSQ application and I am still waiting for it. I called MIDI and they told me since they are very busy now it may take up to 2 months for the CSQ approval...

rus66958

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
06-12-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2013
LANDED..........
11-12-2013
ABD12345 said:
Received IME/PCC/RPRF Request today.
Hi ABD12345... does you ecas say Application received or in process? My SA was on same day like you but my ecas states application received., though two weeks back it was in process.

Thanks

ntonnu

Jul 20, 2014
hi everyone,

I'm sorry if I post in the wrong place in advance. I'm sponsoring my parents, we are in the 2016 PGP group. I have question about Criminal Record Check (PCC). We got email in August 22 asking my parents for medical exam, (it says to be completed in 30days). Since my parents are here visiting, I was able to get medical exam done here locally. That part is done. Two days ago, we got another email asking for "Original Good Conduct Certificate (or Certificate of No Criminal Record) from Vietnam. And nowhere on the document talking about timeframe/deadline for this PCC.

My question is whether this PCC need to be submited/completed by 30days from the day we got the email?

Because I know even if my parents are back in Vietnam, to get the document from Provincial Justice Department (So Tu Phap), they will wait 4-6 weeks perhaps.

Thank you for your help!

ahrpk

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
ntonnu said:
hi everyone,

I'm sorry if I post in the wrong place in advance. I'm sponsoring my parents, we are in the 2016 PGP group. I have question about Criminal Record Check (PCC). We got email in August 22 asking my parents for medical exam, (it says to be completed in 30days). Since my parents are here visiting, I was able to get medical exam done here locally. That part is done. Two days ago, we got another email asking for "Original Good Conduct Certificate (or Certificate of No Criminal Record) from Vietnam. And nowhere on the document talking about timeframe/deadline for this PCC.

My question is whether this PCC need to be submited/completed by 30days from the day we got the email?

Because I know even if my parents are back in Vietnam, to get the document from Provincial Justice Department (So Tu Phap), they will wait 4-6 weeks perhaps.

Thank you for your help!
For my parents case, we got the email asking for the PCC and RPRF both together (SINGAPORE VO). Both needs to be provided in 30 days. But I got advice from this forum that we can provide an explanation letter in case it is not possible to provide the PCC on time. I am planning to write an explanation letter as we might not be able to provide PCC that quick.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
harnit2010 said:
So,
I might be asking a stupid question but after trying 5 times each day for last few days, I have to ask it.

I was not able to link my file. It keeps saying no application found. I tried few different combinations as per what Rosie suggested.

If I am applying for my Dad's PR, the information that we enter when linking the file, should be all for him, correct? Were you able to link the application by entering your details?

Harnit
I had opened a ticket to CIC, displaying screenshot of all the methods that I tried. They came back after a week or so on the wrong information that I had submitted.

here is the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

here is the info:

If you are still experiencing difficulties, please fill out the IRCC Web form available on our website and choose Technical difficulties located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry. Also add the following information:

Any error messages you received. To do this:
provide us with screen shots of:
the full browser window,
the page you are trying to access, and
the error message.

All the answers provided while trying to link your application. To do this:
once on that page, provide us with screen shots.

ABD12345

Dec 4, 2015
rus66958 said:
Hi ABD12345... does you ecas say Application received or in process? My SA was on same day like you but my ecas states application received., though two weeks back it was in process.

Thanks
In Process

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sapguru said:
I had opened a ticket to CIC, displaying screenshot of all the methods that I tried. They came back after a week or so on the wrong information that I had submitted.

here is the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

here is the info:

If you are still experiencing difficulties, please fill out the IRCC Web form available on our website and choose Technical difficulties located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry. Also add the following information:

Any error messages you received. To do this:
provide us with screen shots of:
the full browser window,
the page you are trying to access, and
the error message.

All the answers provided while trying to link your application. To do this:
once on that page, provide us with screen shots.

Great!! Thank you so much for such a detailed response. Appreciate it. I already crossed the attempts for today so will try tomorrow and take the screenshots.

Harnit

citizenship_seeker

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have a question for something which I was very clear but now I am having doubts. Apologise if this has been asked before but I scanned the pages of this forums upto many days past but did not find it being asked before. All my documents for PCC/RPRF/IME have reached NDVO already. In the email that I received from CIC for this document submission I got the following note regarding RPRF:

Payment of your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga by your sponsor in Canada. If already paid, please e-mail a scan of the payment receipt to CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca. Please attach a copy of the receipt with your forms to our office. If we do not receive a copy of the receipt, we will consider it as unpaid. For more information, your sponsor should consult the following: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

Now, I paid the RPRF online and then printed the receipt. I sent the copy of this receipt along with all other documents like PCC to NDVO. Is that all I need to do regarding RPRF? Do I also need to send an email with that receipt to CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca ??

yeti090

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
citizenship_seeker said:
Hi All,

I have a question for something which I was very clear but now I am having doubts. Apologise if this has been asked before but I scanned the pages of this forums upto many days past but did not find it being asked before. All my documents for PCC/RPRF/IME have reached NDVO already. In the email that I received from CIC for this document submission I got the following note regarding RPRF:

Payment of your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga by your sponsor in Canada. If already paid, please e-mail a scan of the payment receipt to CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca. Please attach a copy of the receipt with your forms to our office. If we do not receive a copy of the receipt, we will consider it as unpaid. For more information, your sponsor should consult the following: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

Now, I paid the RPRF online and then printed the receipt. I sent the copy of this receipt along with all other documents like PCC to NDVO. Is that all I need to do regarding RPRF? Do I also need to send an email with that receipt to CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca ??
I had a same situation and i sent the printed copy to NDVO and email the receipt copy to CPCM a day after. But i have not received any acknowledgement for my email. it been a week now.

highway52

Jan 26, 2016
I was finally able to link my application after "n" number of attempts over the course of two months. I used UCI and last name and number of persons as 5 ( me, my wife, Mother and my two kids). I am sponsoring my mother and my wife is was not a co-signer.
I am 100% sure I tried this combination in past. I believe they activated mycic within this week.

Back to my application. Here is the status

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility -> Review in Progress
Review of medical results -> Passed
Review of submitted documents->
Scheduling an interview -> Not needed at this time
A background check is needed -> Not Started
Final decision-> Not Started

I send courier with documents/PCC to NVDO last week and tracking shows delivered on Sep 01st.
But Review of submitted documents is blank.

My concern is whether they really received the documents or not and there are no messages

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
harnit2010 said:
Yes. I am on the same boat. Sent them documents in early Aug and the application still says "Application Received". I already tried so many times but cannot link my applicaiton to see further information. :(

Harnit
I hope you have the file number from AOR correct? Who are you sponsoring? Is there a co-signer? How many children are there in your family under 18? Does your parents have surname on their passport?

Accordingly, I will guide you and hopefully you will be able to link the application.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
chilkootcee said:
Hi Scylla,

I just wanted to confirm something related to this...my husband's parents are in Syria and we're trying to look at a number of options to get them out should things deteriorate even further. Obviously, refugee sponsorship isn't an option (unless they leave Syria) but I'm tempted to have the forms ready / money in the back / G5 or community sponsor group ready. Another option is PGP although I know this takes years (4 plus) to process...but I don't want to rule it out.

Just so I'm clear....if I (sponsor of my husband who is PR now) have been filing my taxes for past number of years and have MNI as a co-signer to his sponsorship for PGP, can we theoretically apply for sponsorship of his parents even if he doesn't have an NOA? I don't think we'll be back in Canada in time for the next "cut off" (2017) (will miss it by a couple of months) but for 2018 he wouldn't still have any NOA's...

Finally a silly question perhaps...but I assume there is no way to sponsor parents and grandparents at the same time? (he has one set of grandparents still alive in Syria)....perhaps refugee sponsorship is the best way to go here...(plus a over-age but dependent sister - I don't see the exception rule for PGP as I do with Refugees / Asylum class)

Thanks for your awesome help on these threads...

C.
Anyone with insight on the above questions?

C.