+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

glass77

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
hi
somebody advise me on this one, my parents were here in Canada on 2014 for about 9 months , recently their PR application is in process and i received a letter from NEW DELHI TELLING ME,
Submission of police clearance certificates for you and all dependent family members who are 18 years or older, for time spent in any country for a period of 6 months or more, if not already submitted. Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.

Do i need to submit them the canadian police certificate ? on the website iT say The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed. If the visa office asks you to complete a criminal record check, visit the RCMP website for instructions.
No where on the letter it says canadian so i am kind of confused.
please advise me on this one.

THANKS.

glass77

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
hi yeti ,
I was going through this and i say ''Submission of a Schedule A – Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669), for you and all dependent family members, where question 8 – Personal History and question 12 – Addresses, cover the entire period since the age of 18, leaving no gaps, if not already submitted with answers covering this entire period.

Does that mean that if your father is 63 he has to submit his personal history from age 18 and also his addresses from age 18 please clarify me on this I may be wrong, I got the exact same letter from them,

Email is like this:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
2:27 AM (10 hours ago)

to me

Date: August 2, 2016

UCI: XXXXXXXX

EMAIL :XXXi@XXXX.com

Application: FXXXXXXXXX

Dear ...................

We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada and have created a file with the file number indicated above. Please quote this file number in all future correspondence with our office.

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the following as soon as possible:
Proof of payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga or by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid. Note: dependent children are notrequired to pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee.
• Submission of police clearance certificates for you and all dependent family members who are 18 years or older, for time spent in any country for a period of 6 months or more, if not already submitted. Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.
• Submission of a Schedule A – Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669), for you and all dependent family members, where question 8 – Personal History and question 12 – Addresses, cover the entire period since the age of 18, leaving no gaps, if not already submitted with answers covering this entire period.
• A duly completed Travel Information Form. The form can be found at the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5562E.pdf
• You and your family members who are included in this application must undergo complete medical examinations. You will receive a separate e-mail with instructions for medical examination for you and your dependants, whether accompanying or not. The issuance of medical instructions does not constitute final acceptance of your application.

IF YOU ARE A NATIONAL OF AFGHANISTAN:
• All males aged 15 and above and all females aged 18 and above must complete supplementary information forms. You and your dependents must complete these forms whether or not they are accompanying you to Canada. Please write your file number on every page of the form. The form can be found at page 22 of the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3911e.pdf
PLEASE RETURN A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS. This request is not a guarantee of visa issuance. If any other documents have been requested you must also comply with that request. Failure to comply with the request may result in the refusal of your application.
NOTE: You MUST inform our office of any change in your mailing address, a change in your marital and/or family status, or other information relevant to your application. Due to our operational constraints we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of the new information, but it will be noted on your file. You may also visit our websites: www.cic.gc.ca or www.india.gc.ca should you require more information on the processing of your application.

Planning ahead

If your application is approved, you will be .......................... may be limited. We encourage you to explore the websites and register early.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section

PS: THIS IS A VALID COMPUTER GENERATED LETTER AND DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY SIGNATURE.

Non-Accompanying Adult Son/Daughter Additional Information Form
If you have indicated that you are the parent of an adult son/daughter who will not be accompanying you to Canada, you must provide the following details for your non-accompanying adult son/daughter, in order for our office to correctly process your application.

Failure to provide this information will delay processing. If additional space is required, attach a separate sheet.

Son/Daughter’s Family name

Given name(s)

Date of Birth
Sex Male Female
Day Month Year
Current marital status [Provide supporting documents (i.e. marriage or divorce certificate) as appropriate]

Never Married Married Widowed Legally Separated

Annulled Marriage Divorced Common-law

If he/she is married or in a common-law relationship, provide the date on which
he/she married or entered into the common-law relationship.
Day Month Year
Education
Give the number of years of school your child successfully completed for each of the following levels of education.
Elementary/Primary School University/college

Secondary/High School Trade school or other post secondary school

Give full details of all the secondary and post secondary education (including university, college and apprenticeship training) he/she has had.

From To Name of Institution City Type of certificate or diploma issued
mm/yyyy mm/yyyy

Current place of residence

Street and Number City or Town Province, State or District Country

[/quote]

lili2013

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Hello,

I applied from Quebec, I received SA on July 14th, my file transferred to Ankara, I submitted the undertaking application to MIDI and my credit card charged on July 29th. I did not receive any medical or police clearance. Does anyone from Quebec received medical?

Thanks

imm2canada

Star Member
Aug 3, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2015, Passport received : 22-08-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2016
Hello Seniors,

I have a situation, need your input...

With my initial application for PR, I have submitted my application with my parent's DOB, which I have taken from some document and it is proven to be wrong now. I want to change the DOB details which are there on file with CIC. Can anyone please suggest me how I can update those details.

Info: Currently I am in Canada and thinking of processing for a super visa by the end of next year.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009

[size=10pt]Change of Mailing Address
[/size]

Has anyone changed the mailing address to Canada for the Principle Applicant, if the Principle Applicant are visiting Canada on a Visa?

Pls share your experience.

302925mbs

Dec 7, 2015
Hi,

We received the medical request for my parents on July 7, 2016. I have noticed that everyone else received the PCC/Med/RPRF together and then the medical email separately.

has anyone else received only the medical request and nothing else? Should we contact NDVO?

Thanks

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
tucosword said:
My update so far guys...
File sent on 4 Jan 2016- received.
Mid June 2016- request for Notice of Assessment
End June- file sent to New Delhi Office(my parents are Indian citizens)
18 July 2016 - request for PCC and medical and Schedule A(from age 18 history) + supplementary travel forms + RPRF

Submitting requested documents this week.

I have one question though - can't seem to find my answer online on the search functions

My parents live in Johannesburg, South Africa.
They are Indian citizens, but live in SA for last 20 years...

Now because New Delhi is handling this application, when they are requested for visa/passport/interview - how do I facilitate that this should happen in South Africa and not New Delhi?
The address in the application was South African.

PS. Haven't linked our application to MyCIC.
When that stage comes, you can let CIC know about your situation or your parents current location and CIC would be able to assist you to submit passport etc to the nearest Office in South Africa. This might take a bit longer for your parents to get PR though...as redirecting the request will take some time for CIC to process.

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
sapguru said:

[/size]

Has anyone changed the mailing address to Canada for the Principle Applicant, if the Principle Applicant are visiting Canada on a Visa?

Please go back 10-15 pages approx or search for address in this chat groul...and you will find what you are looking for...

lili2013

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Hello,

I applied from Quebec, I received SA on July 14th, my file transferred to Ankara, I submitted the undertaking application to MIDI and my credit card charged on July 29th. I did not receive any medical or police clearance. Does anyone from Quebec received medical?

Thanks

samuelhq

Nov 15, 2010
Received an email from CIC today that my VO is changed from Singapore to Ottawa.

I received SA on June 23 and it was supposed to be transferred to SVO. Since then, there were no updates. Recently my dad changed his mailing address to my address in Canada. Wonder if this email from CIC is due to that!

I will update my Timeline on the spreadsheet shortly.

sapguru said:

[/size]

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
Mrs Hassan said:
Hi! Can pcc be done in advance to their request so that when they do, it is ready to send?
You can get it done in advance...but only catch is PCC is valid for 6 months only...so if CIC by any chance does not request for PCC within 6 months from the date mentioned in the PCC...then you will have to reapply again and submit.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
victoria345 said:
Hi,
I got the same letter today stating that they have sent the previous letter by error. My file has been now at CPC- Ottawa.

Anyone has their file transferred to CPC-Ottawa? How long will they take for sending medical request?

Thanks
Majority of applications move to Ottawa. You can check the spreadsheet.
You likely wont get Medical/PCC this year/anytime soon. If you are lucky, there will be progress near the end of the year.

Those who are getting Medical Requests/PCC now, they are somehow being processed outside the backlog or their processing will stop and be in limbo for a while and they might end up having to redo all of it again since there is a validity period and I suspect they might not be done processing within the limit. There are at least 35000 (likely more) people in the backlog who are supposed to be processed before 2016 applicants. I cant fathom CIC will process 2016 applicants before starting work on 2014 / 2015 and earlier applicants.

So sit tight and dont stress.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
_MK_ said:
Majority of applications move to Ottawa. You can check the spreadsheet.
You likely wont get Medical/PCC this year/anytime soon. If you are lucky, there will be progress near the end of the year.

Those who are getting Medical Requests/PCC now, they are somehow being processed outside the backlog or their processing will stop and be in limbo for a while and they might end up having to redo all of it again since there is a validity period and I suspect they might not be done processing within the limit. There are at least 35000 (likely more) people in the backlog who are supposed to be processed before 2016 applicants. I cant fathom CIC will process 2016 applicants before starting work on 2014 / 2015 and earlier applicants.

So sit tight and dont stress.
Ha ha. Ur last line make my day

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
samuelhq said:
Received an email from CIC today that my VO is changed from Singapore to Ottawa.

I received SA on June 23 and it was supposed to be transferred to SVO. Since then, there were no updates. Recently my dad changed his mailing address to my address in Canada. Wonder if this email from CIC is due to that!

I will update my Timeline on the spreadsheet shortly.
Not sure if the change of address triggered it.

In my case, the VO was Ottawa. In case of changing the address to Canada, the VO may stay as Ottawa. This is just my guess.