+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

iwolf

Jul 30, 2016
random hero said:
Are we supposed to notify CIC when we change jobs ??
Yes, because employer affects income, and income is a material part of the application.
I called them specifically to ask about it. They followed up with an email - below.
Sorry I don't include links they included (i.e. to the form), because the forum does not let me.

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Update personal information - CPC Mississauga

To update your personal information while your sponsorship application is in process, you can notify us by filling out the IRCC Web form available on our website.

An update in your personal information could include:
  • A change in marital status,
  • The birth of a child,
  • Criminal charges against you,
  • A change of employer,
  • Etc.

Please ensure to also provide the sponsor’s:
  • Name,
  • Date of birth, and
  • UCI Number/Application Number.

If you are unable to send your information via the IRCC Web form, you can mail/fax it to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario. Please visit our website to obtain the contact information for the CPC.

If you change your contact information (e.g., residential/mailing/email address and/or telephone number), please let us know immediately by using one of our online services.

ac9837

Star Member
Dec 16, 2012
Hi axen0001/ALL,

Does anyone know if original signed copy is required to submit for MIDI or signed /scanned copy from parents can be printed and included in the package for submission?

Thanks

axen0001 said:
Hi. I am from Quebec as well. FedEx@9:19am. I received the SA some time ago and I am waiting for the letter of employment now. Next week all the papers will be sent to MIDI...

axen0001

Jan 22, 2016
ac9837 said:
Hi axen0001/ALL,

Does anyone know if original signed copy is required to submit for MIDI or signed /scanned copy from parents can be printed and included in the package for submission?

Thanks
In the form A-1520-BA it is specified: 9 Application for Selection Certificate – Family class (form A-0520-BA) Original. Anyways I sent them an original one.

singhraminder

Jan 5, 2015
All
Just wanted to provide my MOM-DAD application status.
1. File received by CIC on January 4th 2016 at 8:10 AM
2. Received SA on 23rd June 2016 and file moved to New Delhi Office
3. Received Medical Request on July 1st 2016.
4. Received email to submit updated Docs and PCC on July 4th 2016.
5. Medical Done on July 11th 2016, no new docs asked till now.
6. Since i am from Quebec, Applied CSQ 3 weeks ago, CC got charged a week ago.
7. Updated Docs and PCC submitted a week ago.

Will share if i get any information.

Thanks

tucosword

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
Hi singhraminer,
Regarding your points - i'm in a similiar boat, New Delhi office.
My parents get their medical today. I know the doc submits the report.
Regarding the PCC and other docs - where did you submit them?
We originally got a letter from the New Delhi visa office asking for the PCC and background A forms - but no address as to where to send them to.

So I must ask - where did you send them to? And which visa office handles your application?

singhraminder

Jan 5, 2015
tucosword said:
Hi singhraminer,
Regarding your points - i'm in a similiar boat, New Delhi office.
My parents get their medical today. I know the doc submits the report.
Regarding the PCC and other docs - where did you submit them?
We originally got a letter from the New Delhi visa office asking for the PCC and background A forms - but no address as to where to send them to.

So I must ask - where did you send them to? And which visa office handles your application?

Hello
In the email i got the mentioned the address in BOLD where to send the documents and in my case it was the New Delhi so i forwarded the docs there.
the address should be right under the docs needed and they mention the docs should be sent as SINGLE package to the address and then they mentioned the address.
Hope this helps

Thanks

tucosword

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
singhraminder said:
Hello
In the email i got the mentioned the address in BOLD where to send the documents and in my case it was the New Delhi so i forwarded the docs there.
the address should be right under the docs needed and they mention the docs should be sent as SINGLE package to the address and then they mentioned the address.
Hope this helps

Thanks

Thanks for the reply..
I looked at our letter and it's not there(the address)
And I know Felixo and tina16 are in the same boat..
Can you kindly tell us what address you used?
And so we can do the same.
Thanks

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tucosword said:
Thanks for the reply..
Thanks
I think if u guys get no officer spefic address then send it to general address. In this case

Canada high commision
Immigration section

7/8. Shantipath chanakyapuri
New delhi 110021. India

singhraminder

Jan 5, 2015
tucosword said:
Thanks for the reply..
Thanks
Hi...
This is the address which was on my application:

Immigration Section
UNIT B
PO Box 5209
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi 110021 India

I hope this helps.
Thanks

302925mbs

Dec 7, 2015
Hi,

We received the medical request for my parents on July 7, 2016. I have noticed that everyone else received the PCC/Med/RPRF together and then the medical email separately.

has anyone else received only the medical request and nothing else?

Thanks

tucosword

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
singhraminder said:
Hi...
This is the address which was on my application:

Immigration Section
UNIT B
PO Box 5209
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi 110021 India

I hope this helps.
Thanks
Thanks for being so obliging.
I asked my dad to look at the documents carefully again and in it, it has a new delhi address that is the highcommission address.

so i'm waiting to see if this address and document are related to sending documents to them and then decide which one to use.

Dusik

Jul 4, 2016
Hello everyone!

First of all let me thank you all for sharing your experience and for your help, advice and information.
I'm planning to send the sponsorship application for my mother and my in-laws in 2017.
My parents are divorced and I only will sponsor my Mum. The question is - should I send her marriage/divorce certificates as a proof of her status and also to provide the confirmation of her last name change, cause she still uses my Dad`s last name which she kept after divorce?

Thank you :)

ac9837

Star Member
Dec 16, 2012
thanks axen0001.

Did you fill A-1520-BA in french format? top of the form says fill out in french, however i dont seems to find french version.

axen0001 said:
In the form A-1520-BA it is specified: 9 Application for Selection Certificate – Family class (form A-0520-BA) Original. Anyways I sent them an original one.

iwolf

Jul 30, 2016
iwolf said:
My application was received in morning batch on Jan 4, 2016 and I got confirmation of receipt on Feb 2.
In April I changed my job and notified CIC, they send reply saying docs will be attached to my application.
Since then - silence, but people in the same batch were getting sponsorship approval in June...

I was wondering if anyone with changes in their application also experiences a delay?
Anyone? You did changes in application and have progress/delays?