+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

maraca08

May 12, 2016
GTA ON
Visa Office......
Mexico
Hi Everybody I just found this forum!
My application was sent by Purolator and received @9.43 by Tammy.
I can see my ECAS but no AOR yet!

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
maraca08 said:
Hi Everybody I just found this forum!
My application was sent by Purolator and received @9.43 by Tammy.
I can see my ECAS but no AOR yet!
As long as you can see Ecas you have made the cap.

ps1957

Oct 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jacaranda said:
there are some 0-5k people who havent received AOR (like me) .... im kind of happy my ecas is activated though
My ECAS is activated end January but there is no AOR uptill now :(

ntolaba

May 15, 2016
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hello everyone my CC was charged on May 5. Application was sent from YYC via Purolator and received on January 5th. Is the fact that my C was charged the 550 good news? Did i make the cut? Also, what is next? How long before i get news from Immigration?

Thanks.

P.

Farah997

May 15, 2016
Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows any information about your parent traveling while the parental sponsorship application has been submitted. My mom is currently residing in her country of citizenship and is wondering if she can travel to visit my brother in Germany. I submitted her application Jan 2016 and received the first AOR already. But I'm not sure if traveling while the application is being processed would be an issue? Thanks in advance for any information! :)

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
ntolaba said:
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hello everyone my CC was charged on May 5. Application was sent from YYC via Purolator and received on January 5th. Is the fact that my C was charged the 550 good news? Did i make the cut? Also, what is next? How long before i get news from Immigration?

Thanks.

P.
If payment has been taken then you have made the cap.

Going by the fact that 2015 cases have started being processed this year it should not be too long until they work on your batch of applications, maybe next year.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Farah997 said:
Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows any information about your parent traveling while the parental sponsorship application has been submitted. My mom is currently residing in her country of citizenship and is wondering if she can travel to visit my brother in Germany. I submitted her application Jan 2016 and received the first AOR already. But I'm not sure if traveling while the application is being processed would be an issue? Thanks in advance for any information! :)
Travel during the sponsorship process causes no problem with the sponsorship application. Your mother is fine to travel to visit your brother.

Farah997

May 15, 2016
soonihope said:
Travel during the sponsorship process causes no problem with the sponsorship application. Your mother is fine to travel to visit your brother.
Thank so much for your response!

elebele

Mar 15, 2016
Hello, my cc was charged and I did not receive any AOR. But they have sent back the money as cheque. I dont understand whats going on!!

No letter saying that it got rejected and such.

Any clue?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
elebele said:
Hello, my cc was charged and I did not receive any AOR. But they have sent back the money as cheque. I dont understand whats going on!!

Any clue?
If you have got a refund cheque then it means that CIC was unable to refund the money on your credit card.
Did you receive your application back from CIC as well?
Also, did you try to login to e-cas to see if you can see the application status?
How many people did you sponsor including your parents and dependents and how much refund did you get?

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elebele said:

Any clue?
Either it is extra charged return. Or app is rejected in second review. Did someone reported their cc get charge this month? First line worker just checks 3 Noa plus other docs submitted. Second review check actual amout to qualify. But I thought second review happen after few years. Just call CIC and ask the status of ur app

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
For some reason, I got another email from CIC today with a pdf letter attached saying that my application has been accepted for 2016 intake and Fxxxxxxx is my application number. Very odd. Does that mean just CC charge is not enough indication that application is inside quota of 10k?
Anyone else got this letter as well?
I got the automatically generated AOR email on April 9.

No change in ECAS status obviously.

digandhi

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London - LBM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Oct 2014