+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Ma.

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
jeffporfirio said:
Mine was received by Mahmoud also on Jan 4th at 8:45, sent to the PO Box. No CC charge.
Thanks for that. I was already hopeless coz seems no one used Canada post.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Jian_Letran said:
hello everyone, I was just wondering for those of you who had applied the previous years and didn't reach the cap when do CIC return applications that didn't reach the cap? My parents application was delivered by Canadapost on the 6th of January we got the 1 day express post though. It was already too late for me to read this forum but i'm really happy for all of you who made it this year. Hope anyone would answer my question. thanks!
In 2015, CIC returned the app generally in March for missing the cap. But people received returned packages as early as in January for missing forms/signature/using old forms etc. This year, it may be different for you as CIC is holding 14,000 app until Govt. makes a decision about increasing the cap.

If you're interested, you can follow 2015 & 2016 spreadsheets for all sorts of data. Links are given in my signature below.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Jian_Letran said:
hello everyone, I was just wondering for those of you who had applied the previous years and didn't reach the cap when do CIC return applications that didn't reach the cap? My parents application was delivered by Canadapost on the 6th of January we got the 1 day express post though. It was already too late for me to read this forum but i'm really happy for all of you who made it this year. Hope anyone would answer my question. thanks!
mine was returned march -03

Jian_Letran

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Rossei said:
In 2015, CIC returned the app generally in March for missing the cap. But people received returned packages as early as in January for missing forms/signature/using old forms etc. This year, it may be different for you as CIC is holding 14,000 app until Govt. makes a decision about increasing the cap.

If you're interested, you can follow 2015 & 2016 spreadsheets for all sorts of data. Links are given in my signature below.
Thanks for the reply Rossei. I'm still hoping. I've been reading a lot of posts, news and blogs. I wasn't aware of this thread even though I'm here in canadavisa forum often. It was too late for me. Your posts are very informative and it's good to know stuff. It was our first time applying for our parents. For sure I'll check the spreadsheet. Thanks again. :)

Jian_Letran

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
YULIA-2016 said:
mine was returned march -03
Thanks Yulia, I'm waiting for it to be returned although I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. Imagine my disappointment with Canadapost. :mad: I was stalking CIC website from January 4-7. And then when I saw them posting something about closing the the program for this year because they reached the cap I was, What?! I thought they received the application on Jan 4th because we sent it as early as December 31 when I saw the time stamps on Canapost website I almost fainted. They delivered the app January 6 at 11am. Geezwiz!! :'( Thanks for the info.

jeffporfirio

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Jian_Letran said:
Thanks Yulia, I'm waiting for it to be returned although I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. Imagine my disappointment with Canadapost. :mad: I was stalking CIC website from January 4-7. And then when I saw them posting something about closing the the program for this year because they reached the cap I was, What?! I thought they received the application on Jan 4th because we sent it as early as December 31 when I saw the time stamps on Canapost website I almost fainted. They delivered the app January 6 at 11am. Geezwiz!! :'( Thanks for the info.
I also sent ours via CanadaPost and was time stamped Jan 4th @ 8:45, no CC charge, so who knows

Jian_Letran

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
jeffporfirio said:
I also sent ours via CanadaPost and was time stamped Jan 4th @ 8:45, no CC charge, so who knows
Jeff, oh my. That's sketchier than mine. Atleast for me I'm just expecting that I didn't reach the cap right? But for you that's frustrating having yours delivered on time and not been charge on your credit card is really disheartening. I'm just hoping still but if not there would always be next time. I just hope next time they change their rules on how to accept applicants. Geographical locations are really a disadvantage. I hope someone really brings this issue up next time. How can we petition for this? It should be per province do you agree?

citizenship_seeker

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the excel spreadsheet for 2016 I see many entries where credit card is charged but no AOR has been received yet. Makes me strongly believe that there are still some AORs pending. I am UPS 8:36 AM batch but unfortunately I used certified cheque so cannot track if it has been charged or yet. All the applicants in my batch of UPS who used CC have gotten their CC charged so I do strongly believe that I would have made they 5,000 cap. No AOR yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I was just wondering if anyone else who used a certified cheque has received AOR?

wendolapm

Feb 1, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016
jeffporfirio said:
My Canada Post stamp says 10:47am on Jan 4th but nothing! :(

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
wendolapm said:
My Canada Post stamp says 10:47am on Jan 4th but nothing! :(
Looked to me most of the certified cheque/bank draft/money order got cashed on Jan 26. You can go to your branch to check if you certified chq got cashed or not.

Ma.

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Jian_Letran said:
I sent mine thru Canada post dec 29 and as per their database it got delivered jan 4 10:47 am by r. Mahmoud but still no cc charged. Still praying and hoping it got into the 5 k cap.

wendolapm

Feb 1, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016
ya61x said:
Looked to me most of the certified cheque/bank draft/money order got cashed on Jan 26. You can go to your branch to check if you certified chq got cashed or not.
No, I submitted a CC payment with my application. No charge yet