+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

mukkucanada

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just curious - anyone used services from Secure Immigration Couriers (http://ciccourier.com/) ?

vitlen

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
SH Korea said:
I'm sure the CIC workers just didn't have enough time to proceed credit card charges for the applications they finished checking today.
Probably some workers do the checking a little slower than the others and yours might be in their hands yet.

Please don't lose hope guys. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!
Thank you so much!
My theory is that it might be that all HR apps were already divided between the officers and those who were done, advanced to other couriers.
But there are still officers that are not done with their original batches.
It's similar to what you're saying.
It's just a speculation, but I cannot help it, since I'm way too anxious about all this...

boorishbrat1

Jan 6, 2016
vitlen said:
Thank you so much!
My theory is that it might be that all HR apps were already divided between the officers and those who were done, advanced to other couriers.
But there are still officers that are not done with their original batches.
It's similar to what you're saying.
It's just a speculation, but I cannot help it, since I'm way too anxious about all this...
Here is another theory:

As per earlier posts there were 3 counters accepting apps: HR although 1st in line had ~700 apps (much higher than MM, VW who were likely at counter #2 and #3 at the same time). So, there is a possibility that MM and VW apps were queued ahead of some HR apps and hence charged in the same order. Hang in there folks you'll be fine.

Fun fact : Looks like ~16% of folks in SS are already charged by CIC ! pretty fast , eh.

vitlen

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
boorishbrat1 said:
Here is another theory:

As per earlier posts there were 3 counters accepting apps: HR although 1st in line had ~700 apps (much higher than MM, VW who were likely at counter #2 and #3 at the same time). So, there is a possibility that MM and VW apps were queued ahead of some HR apps and hence charged in the same order. Hang in there folks you'll be fine.

Fun fact : Looks like ~16% of folks in SS are already charged by CIC ! pretty fast , eh.
Hope so! Thank you so much for your support! The only thing is that my husband's credit card was charged and mine not, in theory it can also happen although we submitted it together. Our applications are pretty much a mirror of one another, but still it bothers me that mine is not charger yet

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
was really worried as I was reading VW applications being charged and I couldnt see my CC, so i called my bank....

and wuuuuuuh cc was charged for 1100 on 9th!! courier was VW ...... will be reflected online in the account in a couple of days...

delcan25

Jan 3, 2016
2016PGP said:
Hi Ya61x, this is what I read " Guide 5772 - Application to Sponsor Parents and Grandparents " then click step 3

CIC will return your application in all of the following circumstances:

•The Fee Payment Form – for Sponsors of Parents and Grandparents (IMM 5770) is not included in your application;
Fees are not paid by certified cheque or credit card;
•Payment is declined when CIC attempts to process the fees required
•The credit card used for the payment of fees expires in less than nine months after the date on which you submitted your application;
•The fee amount authorized on the Fee Payment Form is insufficient

Step 4: Mail the application:

Mailing instruction

Put your forms along with your receipt and all the supporting documentation in an envelope and mail it to:

I was so confused.....
along with the receipt.. is it the printout of receipt that the bank provides or IMM5401?? I paid with a cert cheque and attached the receipt of payment from the bank. Could anyone clarify.. thanks.

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
delcan25 said:
along with the receipt.. is it the printout of receipt that the bank provides or IMM5401?? I paid with a cert cheque and attached the receipt of payment from the bank. Could anyone clarify.. thanks.
Did you attach a certified cheque to your application? Or just a receipt?

2016PGP

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 7, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Jun 15, 2016
Med's Request
July 7, 2016
Med's Done....
July 15, 2016
Luda345 said:
Hello, same here, Whatever I have done it's done, I attached both completed "Fee Payment Form" and Printout receipt (Barcode). Very frustrating... waiting...

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
2016PGP said:
Hello, same here, Whatever I have done it's done, I attached both completed "Fee Payment Form" and Printout receipt (Barcode). Very frustrating... waiting...
CIC only asks for Certified Cheaque based on my experience, and not receipt...Certified Cheaque in itself is confirmation that you have made it from a bank.

2016PGP

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 7, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Jun 15, 2016
Med's Request
July 7, 2016
Med's Done....
July 15, 2016
dchoudh said:
CIC only asks for Certified Cheaque based on my experience, and not receipt...Certified Cheaque in itself is confirmation that you have made it from a bank.
This is my question, where is the information on CIC website or guide about "NO need prepaid receipt, just need to attach fee payment form. " Here is the link on CIC website about Pay Your Fee "Pay your parents and grandparents in Canada class fee – Canada"

"Note: If you are applying under the Family Class, you can pay your fees when the sponsor files the sponsorship application "

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?countrySelect=CA&lob=fc2

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jacaranda said:
was really worried as I was reading VW applications being charged and I couldnt see my CC, so i called my bank....

and wuuuuuuh cc was charged for 1100 on 9th!! courier was VW ...... will be reflected online in the account in a couple of days...
Congrats! Used same courier but still waiting...

delcan25

Jan 3, 2016
Luda345 said:
I have attached both with my payment form - Cert Cheque and the receipt from my bank. But I came across a link in "Pay your PGP" section
that says receipt form is IMM5401 which has to be ordered and then it will be mailed to address. The PGP guide did not mention anything of the IMM5408 form. Rather it stated to include the receipt along with the cert cheque.

Thanks.

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
delcan25 said:
I have attached both with my payment form - Cert Cheque and the receipt from my bank. But I came across a link in "Pay your PGP" section
that says receipt form is IMM5401 which has to be ordered and then it will be mailed to address. The PGP guide did not mention anything of the IMM5408 form. Rather it stated to include the receipt along with the cert cheque.

Thanks.
Don't worry. The main thing is that you attached a certified check. And I think it was not necessary to attach the receipt because the receipt is normally given by bank for customer's records.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
2016PGP said:
Hi, Rossei, endless questions still at this stage of waiting,

IMM 5406 form, I used the right form code and version, but downloaded in Nov 2015, by then some boxes don't have enough space to type in such as long address.

Only concern for me is My mom is the principle applicant her address is too long to put in, I wrote as much as space I can use, but not complete. Is will be considered incomplete form and be rejected?

As she is principle applicant, her full address is on the IMM 0008.
This isn't any big issue. I often shorten things myself to fit in those small boxes.

I am so stupid to follow the Guide, The fact is I sent BOTH (Fee payment Form AND Receipt print out with barcode on it, So what will be happening?
1. Rejected?
2. Proceed another payment, ignore the receipt print out (Claim refund later by me) or 3. use the receipt instead of charging again?
I'm not familiar with the "receipt print". Is it something you pay in advance and show the receipt? Anyway, unless CIC becomes picky which I doubt they will be at this stage; you will be fine. Basically, you have given them 2 options.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I'm not too sure if this is going to bring any peace by bringing 2015 examples:

1. Very few people chose to pay with Bank Draft, Money Order etc. and those were accepted by CIC back in 2015 PGP period. CIC had same guideline saying it won't accept any form of payment other than CC (credit card or cert. cheque); but they still did. CIC just simply doesn't have the time and resource to cover everything they say when they get thousands of applications in few days.

2. In 2015, CIC continued charging CC (or cashing cheques/drafts) with almost same rate during the whole month of January. Few CC's were even charged on weekends. And some reported that they were charged in early February. So, do not panic yet if you did not see your CC being charged especially when you cannot rely 100% on your courier's delivery time-stamp.