Tip how to get 50 points without LMIA

vzoo

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karanssharma said:
Yea, i did that and all other question go away,

was it because you have applied for the job from outside canada and you have closed work permit ? and thanks for the clarity
It's because he/she is a PNP nominee and thus can extend her/his work permit for the same employer.

karanssharma

Nov 5, 2012
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
01**
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
23/11/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
vzoo said:
It's because he/she is a PNP nominee and thus can extend her/his work permit for the same employer.
i see..ok , thankyou

Frankie2017

Jan 27, 2017
I have similar situation with Anford. I got nomination and just got my Closed work permit and I have almost two years experience in this employer under PGWP. But I want to claim this 50 points to got invitation from express entry to get my PR faster rather then waiting 16 months under PNP paper.Please advise!!!!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Frankie2017 said:
I have similar situation with Anford. I got nomination and just got my Closed work permit and I have almost two years experience in this employer under PGWP. But I want to claim this 50 points to got invitation from express entry to get my PR faster rather then waiting 16 months under PNP paper.Please advise!!!!
If you do, you'll be rejected because you have not got a tear of experience under the closed work permit.

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
kryt0n said:
If you do, you'll be rejected because you have not got a tear of experience under the closed work permit.
People in this thread (for example nick: omarimam) is saying that I have a valid job offer. So thanks to that, I don't need a proof of funds. This is really confusing...

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
Frankie2017 said:
We both can claim these 50 points - here's an answer from my lawyer:

"You are currently authorized to work in Canada AND have a valid job offer. BC PNP nominated you because you have "a full-time, indeterminate job offer" which is one of the eligibility requirements of EEBC Skilled Worker category, and has paid the compliance fee and issued you an employer-specific work permit support letter, which enabled you to get a LMIA-exempt close work permit. so you job offer is valid according to CIC standards."

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Anford said:
We both can claim these 50 points - here's an answer from my lawyer:

"You are currently authorized to work in Canada AND have a valid job offer. BC PNP nominated you because you have "a full-time, indeterminate job offer" which is one of the eligibility requirements of EEBC Skilled Worker category, and has paid the compliance fee and issued you an employer-specific work permit support letter, which enabled you to get a LMIA-exempt close work permit. so you job offer is valid according to CIC standards."
The rules for the lmia exempt job offer only came into effect in November. As of today, there hasn't been enough time or at least no one has reported here, of being rejected because of incorrectly claiming the points.

I agree CIC's phrasing isn't crystal clear, but that one line "working on your current permit for 1 year" is the clincher for me.

I hope you're right here, please report back one day.

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
kryt0n said:
The rules for the lmia exempt job offer only came into effect in November. As of today, there hasn't been enough time or at least no one has reported here, of being rejected because of incorrectly claiming the points.

I agree CIC's phrasing isn't crystal clear, but that one line "working on your current permit for 1 year" is the clincher for me.

I hope you're right here, please report back one day.
The thing is it doesn't say "working on your current permit for 1 year" but the original question is "Have you been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year" and so if you have been working for them in past (for example from 2010-2015), you have been working for them at least one year then.

Also here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/exempt.asp it says: "For Express Entry, your employer doesn’t need an LMIA if you have been working full-time for the employer on your work permit for at least one year" and so if the company you've been working for is the same company as stated on your work permit, then you have been working for them. It doesn't need to be on this specific work permit.

I'm not native english speaker though, as you can probably see.

adanac_ati

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
Am on closed WP for 3 yrs now. Have the emplyer name on WP as well. Have worked totally 10+yrs with the same employer; of which the recent 3 yrs are in Canada on closed WP ( non LMIA). Have recieved a letter from employer with all the details inlcjusing NOC code, roels & responsiblities, hours worked, salary etc. The only thing not mentined in the letter is 'the job offer is valid for 1 yrs after PR visa' . I understand employers cannot commit for the future. The HR told that this is good and they have consulted an attorney.

Will this cause any problems. ? Need advise from someone who is in the same situation.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adanac_ati said:
Am on closed WP for 3 yrs now. Have the emplyer name on WP as well. Have worked totally 10+yrs with the same employer; of which the recent 3 yrs are in Canada on closed WP ( non LMIA). Have recieved a letter from employer with all the details inlcjusing NOC code, roels & responsiblities, hours worked, salary etc. The only thing not mentined in the letter is 'the job offer is valid for 1 yrs after PR visa' . I understand employers cannot commit for the future. The HR told that this is good and they have consulted an attorney.

Will this cause any problems. ? Need advise from someone who is in the same situation.
You're asking a question that nobody can answer at this point in time. Since the Nov 19th changes we do not know what will and what won't be accepted as proof of having a valid job offer.

adanac_ati

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
Yeah. Thats correct Del.
Just wondering any recent AOR's post Dec 22 ITA who were in the same situation can answer this.

winnieyan

May 21, 2017
The thing is it doesn't say "working on your current permit for 1 year" but the original question is "Have you been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year" and so if you have been working for them in past (for example from 2010-2015), you have been working for them at least one year then.

Also here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/exempt.asp it says: "For Express Entry, your employer doesn’t need an LMIA if you have been working full-time for the employer on your work permit for at least one year" and so if the company you've been working for is the same company as stated on your work permit, then you have been working for them. It doesn't need to be on this specific work permit.

I'm not native english speaker though, as you can probably see.

Hi Anford

How's going on for your 50 points? I am exactly in the same situation like yours now.I couldn't find the answer so far. Could you let me yours? Thanks!