+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timing of Online Oath Ceremony

DrPassion

Sep 7, 2021
I got it super quick after the oath ceremony, in 6 days. So, oath on a Friday and got the certificate the following Thursday. The official I talked to during the ceremony told me I should expect to get the certificate in 1-2 weeks depending on fast the post could get it to me. I was pleasantly surprised I got it so quickly.
Once I got it, I completely the passport application and mailed the application, certificate (you have to mail the original), and other paper work in. My passport was delivered to the office on Feb. 10. I’m now waiting to see when they charge my credit card.
this is SuperFAst!!! wow!!! So I have a query. My Indian Passport is expiring in April 2022. I just completed my online citizenship test yesterday (20/20). Is everyone is getting it processed so fast? should I wait for the oath ceremony, and then give my Indian passport back/or for renewal?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
this is SuperFAst!!! wow!!! So I have a query. My Indian Passport is expiring in April 2022. I just completed my online citizenship test yesterday (20/20). Is everyone is getting it processed so fast? should I wait for the oath ceremony, and then give my Indian passport back/or for renewal?
You're replying to a post that is 7 months old. The processing isn't as fast at this time. Currently, for 2020 applicants, oath is being scheduled anywhere between September 2021 to Feb 2022 (depends on your office). If you live in the GTA and belong to Scarborough and/or Mississauga office, your oath will likely be scheduled in early 2022 (depending on what stage you are in the process). So, go ahead and renew your passport to be on the safer side. Wish you the best!

You might want to check the spreadsheet for processing timelines :

2020 spreadsheet => https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U27V95kWlCVYWB0zye7DvqoXSkyqxgbA31eEJ_TKO6Y/edit#gid=1316748968

2019 spreadsheet => https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V2kMI1QtzlMj8k4shG0IBLnS8GqOhoJDkem5HloNe0I/edit#gid=566701841

Reactions: DrPassion

DrPassion

Sep 7, 2021
You're replying to a post that is 7 months old. The processing isn't as fast at this time. Currently, for 2020 applicants, oath is being scheduled anywhere between September 2021 to Feb 2022 (depends on your office). If you live in the GTA and belong to Scarborough and/or Mississauga office, your oath will likely be scheduled in early 2022 (depending on what stage you are in the process). So, go ahead and renew your passport to be on the safer side. Wish you the best!

You might want to check the spreadsheet for processing timelines :

2020 spreadsheet => https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U27V95kWlCVYWB0zye7DvqoXSkyqxgbA31eEJ_TKO6Y/edit#gid=1316748968

2019 spreadsheet => https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V2kMI1QtzlMj8k4shG0IBLnS8GqOhoJDkem5HloNe0I/edit#gid=566701841
I applied in March 2021, received AOR in June 2021, wrote citizenship test 05 Sep. When do you think (approx) my oath ceremony would be? In the meantime, SHould I renew my Indian passport since its expiring in April 2022? Would you happen to know the timeline for renewal of Indian passport currently? I live in London, Ontario. Thanks again for your very informative posts.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I applied in March 2021, received AOR in June 2021, wrote citizenship test 05 Sep. When do you think (approx) my oath ceremony would be? In the meantime, SHould I renew my Indian passport since its expiring in April 2022? Would you happen to know the timeline for renewal of Indian passport currently? I live in London, Ontario. Thanks again for your very informative posts.
Holy crap! Your application is moving pretty quick! That's nice!

Like I said, 2020 applicants are being scheduled for oath in early 2022. So, depending on your office, you'll get your oath date around that time or sometime in mid-2022.

I would strongly suggest you to renew your passport about 3 - 4 months before it expires. So that would be sometime late December or in January 2022 if you still don't have an oath date. I have no idea about the processing times for Indian passport renewal as I never had to renew my passport.

Good luck!

RHIPOS

Jan 8, 2013
Our last updated Aug 11,2021 PROHIBITION COMPLETED. but till now no update for OATH TAKING don't know what is happening with our papers...

rambopg

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
25-Jun-2015
File Transfer...
07-Jul-2015
Med's Request
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
24-May-2016
Passport Req..
14-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
1-Jul-2016
Our last updated Aug 11,2021 PROHIBITION COMPLETED. but till now no update for OATH TAKING don't know what is happening with our papers...
Don't worry, people applied before you are still waiting for Oath. Some people had last update in Jun or Jul 2021 with Decision Made but no oath ceremony.

Isaga

Star Member
May 26, 2019
since I got a question about oath timing, thought to post it here.
My oath is scheduled on this Friday at 11:00 AM (PST)
I'm confused because apparently we are not observing PST right now, we are in daylight saving time PDT, anyone can comment on that? Don't want to be late into my Oath by an hour.

@rajkamalmohanram

Schuffi

Jan 22, 2021
I'm confused because apparently we are not observing PST right now, we are in daylight saving time PDT, anyone can comment on that? Don't want to be late into my Oath by an hour.

@rajkamalmohanram
ask them to confirm or log in early. They got the time wrong on mine I sat for an hour

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

@rajkamalmohanram
Just to be 100% safe, login at 11:00 AM PST and see if there is someone in the meeting. Wait for about 15 minutes and see if they start the process. If not, logout and come back at 11:00 AM PDT.

Reactions: Isaga

Mpvzla

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-10-2017

@rajkamalmohanram
Hello, can you please confirm what time did it end up being? I have the same question now.
Thanks!

Isaga

Star Member
May 26, 2019
Hello, can you please confirm what time did it end up being? I have the same question now.
Thanks!
It ended up being 11 AM PT, or PDT what we observing now.

I did this trick to know the exam time, I logged in to the zoom meeting the night before and the pop zoom window said this meeting will start at 11 AM.

So yea in my case the meeting started at the 11 AM local pacific time. PST was properly a typo.

Best of luck with your oath.

ayushagg

May 6, 2021
Hello everyone,

I wrote my citizenship test on August 7, 2021. I immediately got the results via e-mail - PASS. On August 12 I received an email from IRCC requesting all pages of my passport (old and new passport). On the same day itself I sent them the scanned copies.

Today it is September 15, 2021 (over a month) and I have not heard anything from them at all. Is this normal waiting time? I was under the impression that within couple of weeks I would either get a request for an interview or some alternatively some information for the Oath Ceremony.

My online status says:
  • Language skills
    In progress
  • Physical presence
    In progress
  • Citizenship test
    Completed
  • Background verification
    Completed
  • Prohibitions
    In progress
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started

hayden314

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
Toronto, ON
Hi everyone,

Shall I expect a backlog between Decision Made and Oath Ceremony? What is the current timeline? (DM >> Oath Letter >> Oath Ceremony)

Processing center: Mississauga
Current step: Decision Made (Language, Presence, Prohibitions are complete) on 14-September-2021
Applied in November-2020