File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Hello

Please I need advice.

My husband, 2 children and I are living in England. I have sent the application forms and necessary documents to CPC in Mississauga this passed February 2012 to sponsor my husband. According to the website, the timescale to decide if I am eligible to sponsor my husband is 90 days. I have also wrote to the Canadian Embassy in London and they informed me that as soon as CPC have decided if I am eligible, my application form will be sent to London and there they will decided to either grant or refused my husband's permanent residency.

My questions is: Who will write to me if I am eligible to sponsor my husband, will it be CPC or the Canadian Embassy in London. Its more than 90 days and I am a bit worried. No reply from any government offices.

Unfortunately, here in England the helpline numbers for the Canadian Embassy (Consulate) are all automated services and you cannot speak to a person.

Many thanks in advance :)

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
qtazngal said:
Hello

Please I need advice.

My husband, 2 children and I are living in England. I have sent the application forms and necessary documents to CPC in Mississauga this passed February 2012 to sponsor my husband. According to the website, the timescale to decide if I am eligible to sponsor my husband is 90 days. I have also wrote to the Canadian Embassy in London and they informed me that as soon as CPC have decided if I am eligible, my application form will be sent to London and there they will decided to either grant or refused my husband's permanent residency.

My questions is: Who will write to me if I am eligible to sponsor my husband, will it be CPC or the Canadian Embassy in London. Its more than 90 days and I am a bit worried. No reply from any government offices.

Unfortunately, here in England the helpline numbers for the Canadian Embassy (Consulate) are all automated services and you cannot speak to a person.

Many thanks in advance :)
Hi...please don't be worried that timeline is not correct....most people are waiting over 100 days to hear from Mississauga....which is who you will hear from about your approval.....you may or may not get an acknowledgement of receipt email....that seems to be hit and miss.....I am a February 28th applicant and just received a week ago an AOR email and am still waiting for my approval....so just hang in there a little longer.....

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Hi KJG

Many thanks to you but can you tell me what is an AOR sorry I dont know what that means?
I am February 7, 2012 applicant and have not received any email, should I also be getting and AOR? Sorry KJG just want to go home and be with my family? Been in England tooooo long now.

Thanks
Anna

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Hi Anna: Sorry an AOR is an Acknowledgement of Receipt.....usually received by email. Did you supply an email address for correspondence? And if so, I would check your junk mail. There are still a few people in February....actually around your date who are still waiting to hear as well. But you could call and see what is happening since you are early February.

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Hi KJG

Yes I have supplied them with my email address. Unfortunately, I've been deleting my junk mails coz most of them are real JUNK (maybe I should have looked properly).

I will call them later, as the timescale between countries are 5hours difference.

Many thanks to your reply. You have put me at ease and guided me. When I get intouch with them, I will update you.

Again, many many thanks :).
Anna

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
qtazngal said:
Hi KJG

Yes I have supplied them with my email address. Unfortunately, I've been deleting my junk mails coz most of them are real JUNK (maybe I should have looked properly).

I will call them later, as the timescale between countries are 5hours difference.

Many thanks to your reply. You have put me at ease and guided me. When I get intouch with them, I will update you.

Again, many many thanks :).
Anna

No problem...fyi....my email did not go to junk but I was having fits when I called and she told me to check my junk mail because like you I delete everyday and don't pay much attention to it!!! Yes please let me know what happens.

Bold9900

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Request
10-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-28-2012 (Medical Received in Manila 11-5-2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2012 (Decision Made on 11-13-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2012 (Pick up at IOM on 11-25-2012)
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
same here..my email from CIC-MIssissauga was in the junk box, they emailed me in November and did not noticed late December..so KJG is right keep checking you spam/junk box.

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Hi KJG and Bold9900

Update and advice needed again.

Got my brother in law in Canada to enquire now they are saying that to sponsor my spouse I should be a residing in Canada and not outside, but according to David Cohen lawyers in Canada, this was ok as I am returning and still Canadian Citizen along with my children.
Also dont understand, that if I was not eligible in the first place why they did not return my forms and refunded me my money and why in the application form I was asked if I was going to accompany my husband going back to Canada? Weird!!!???

Now I have to fill in use of representative form so my brother in law can act for me.

Do you guys know of any similar case that both husband and wife are outside Canada and sponsoring their spouse. As far as I know, this was ok.

Anybody, please need advice.

Thanks
Anna

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
yes you can live outside of Canada and be a sponsor....you will just have to prove your intent to move back to Canada and live here.....

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
qtazngal said:
Hi KJG and Bold9900

Got my brother in law in Canada to enquire now they are saying that to sponsor my spouse I should be a residing in Canada and not outside, but according to David Cohen lawyers in Canada, this was ok as I am returning and still Canadian Citizen along with my children.
Also dont understand, that if I was not eligible in the first place why they did not return my forms and refunded me my money and why in the application form I was asked if I was going to accompany my husband going back to Canada? Weird!!!???

Now I have to fill in use of representative form so my brother in law can act for me.

Do you guys know of any similar case that both husband and wife are outside Canada and sponsoring their spouse. As far as I know, this was ok.

Thanks
Anna
Are you a citizen? Or is your husband? If so, there's no issue there. I think the person your brother-in-law was VERY confused! There's A LOT of people who are outside of Canada together and had no issues, maybe your brother in law needs to say "She's (or he) is a citizen of Canada, they are applying OUTLAND"

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Hi Everybody

Thanks for replying.

Yes I am a Canadian Citizen with Canadian passport and also my children, 3 of us are dual citizens - Canadian and British. I hope he or the CPC person is only mistaken. But I still havent received my AOR or any answer unless it was in my junk mail and I have been deleting all of it (my fault). If I was sent an AOR and have deleted it my mistake, how can I get another confirmation unless I write to CPC and to the Canadian High Commission in London.
Boy this is stressing me out. All I want to do is go home!

Many thanks to you all.

Anna

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Oh forgot to add FYI - i did supply informations and documents regarding intentions in returning to Canada such as RBS bank account details, letter from my family confirming where will be staying temporary and correspondence from schools where I intend to send my children and lastly emails from friends regarding my plans. I also did change my SIN number from my maiden name to my married name which I have not received.

Thanks again

Anna

scooper81

May 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
05-02-2012
I'm applying Outland from the UK and sponsoring my English husband. That seems like you have included the right info the CIC in Ontario are just really slow getting back to people. Try not to worry, I know it's easier said than done. Out of the blue I got an email confirming me as a sponsor. Try not to give up hope. :)

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Hi

Thanks everybody.

At the moment, I wrote to CPC Mississauga and Canadian High Commission in London just enquiring just in case.

Thanks again all.

Anna

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
qtazngal said:
Hi KJG and Bold9900

Thanks
Anna

I applied to sponsor my hubby as well and both of us are outside Canada. You can sponsor your hubby from outside as long as you (the sponsor) are a Canadian Citizen and have intentions to move to Canada once complete. You must show proof of this.