+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timelines: Live-In Caregiver Program Philippines 2014

Brennos

Apr 9, 2014
Looking for people you have recent knowledge of current timelines for the Live-In Caregiver Program coming from the Philippines. It has been hard getting info and I am trying to get a general idea of when my live-in caregiver might arrive. Here are some of the timelines that I have gone through and some information that I have been able to collect around my situation.

1) The caregiver submitted her application originally in March of 2013
2) In December of 2013 she received info that she need to resubmit payment (stale dated cheque I believe)
3) She was waiting for paperwork to go along with the cheque - but did not resubmit the cheque until March 7, 2014
4) March 14, 2014 she received confirmation that the embassy had received this payment
5) April 7, 2013 she received an email about getting her medical done (and needed the speech test)

An input people can provide would be helpful. I am guessing it is still going to take another year or so until she arrives knowing that the entire process is supposed to take 20+ months to complete. Thanks for any information people can give about timelines that they have experienced.

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow! I didn't know it takes that long to sponsor someone under the LIC program. I thought it would be quick since there is already a need. How long did it take you get the LMO? which I was told the first step to the LIC program.

Brennos

Apr 9, 2014
The LMO we could only start after getting birth certificates for the twins. Which takes a month or so. Twins were born in late October of 2012 and were able to get LMO completed by January of 2013. If I remember correctly it took us about a month and a half once getting the certificates. We are doing all the paperwork on our own. No agency. Seems like forever.

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Brennos said:
The LMO we could only start after getting birth certificates for the twins. Which takes a month or so. Twins were born in late October of 2012 and were able to get LMO completed by January of 2013. If I remember correctly it took us about a month and a half once getting the certificates. We are doing all the paperwork on our own. No agency. Seems like forever.
Oh really? I thought a note from your doctor was sufficient. In any case, my son is 1 year old and we have a long form birth certificate. I'm waiting for the job posting to expire from Job Bank then I'll put together my application for LMO. So you've been waiting since January 2013 for the LIC's work permit to be processed?

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry...since March 2013....Btw, you should post this question under the Foreign worker group. I see a lot of LIC waiting for their work permit to go through. It would be nice to have some feed back.

Brennos

Apr 9, 2014
Yes been waiting since March 2013 for process. I have contacted the embassy through my MP and they have given a timeline of 20 months for complete process and maybe longer since the typhoon disaster.

Jul 14, 2013
Hello! Have you heard from your caregiver and the Canadian embassy in the Philippines? I also want to know the processing time. I checked the website it says 7 months from Manila but I wonder if it is true.

mycae

Apr 27, 2013
im a live-in caregiver.. it took me 1.5 years to complete the whole thing. after the speak test, she should receive a letter for the medical. but beware, there are some clinics that may require the applicant to do more tests outside of the medical procedure. after the medical is done my visa came in 4 mos after. then there is another process thru OWWA and POEA (bunch of seminars and what not) may take another month or 2 to completez

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
There is a thread on facebook about caregivers batch 2014 from Philippines which discusses about their timeline and experience in their application. From what i have read so far on the other threads currently it will only takes 4 months to process the visa for the LIC in the Philippines.