+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline of my PR application from visitor visa to inland spousal sponsorship 2019

JennyR

Sep 3, 2019
I just want to share my timeline application.

1 We received your application for permanent residence on December 21, 2018.

2 We started processing your application on March 30, 2019.

3 We sent you medical instructions on February 22, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

4 Medical results have been received.

5 We sent you correspondence on August 17, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

They send a letter to send a proof of cohabitation and the deadline was august 21 2019. I sent all the needed documents by august 21 2019 around 1am.

By August 23 We both received the letter that we meet the eligibility to apply for PR and to sponsor. So we got the approval principle.

August 24 they sent a landing interview letter.

Today Sept 3 I am a Permanent resident already.

Mind you I apply for PR and Work Permit. But they didn’t issue me a work permit instead I got PR within 8 months.

Reactions: Leojongte

Leojongte

Jun 4, 2018
So helpful ! We got a call for our interview on September 30 in Vancouver.

Can you tell what are the questions they ask ?

How long it take to get a PR card from the time of interview ?

Thank you

JennyR

Sep 3, 2019
That’s good to hear! Fortunately no question was asked for the both of us. It was just for formalization. She said 5-10 weeks. I’m still waiting for my pr card. Hope you will have a good result too

Reactions: Leojongte

Leojongte

Jun 4, 2018
That’s good to hear! Fortunately no question was asked for the both of us. It was just for formalization. She said 5-10 weeks. I’m still waiting for my pr card. Hope you will have a good result too
Yes, hopefully ! Did they stamp your passport or get the COPR ?
I want to travel on December and I'm hoping if we can get the PR card before that. If not , i wonder if there is a possibility to travel without PR card ?

JennyR

Sep 3, 2019
They gave me the landing paper it is important to keep for the citizenship application. It is not advisable to go out canada without pr card.