+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline from PPR to Portal Credentials email

addicted2tennis

Jul 10, 2020
Hi,
I received PPR on October 5, I sent a webform right away confirming that I was in Canada as per IRCC instructions. IRCC acknowledged the reception of my webform the very next day, with an email from an immigration officer (not an automatic reply). I was expecting to receive the email with the Portal credentials for virtual landing within a couple of days, but as of today (October 23) I haven't received anything. Could you please share your timeline between PPR and portal credential emails? Is it true that it can take up to several months? Is there an average estimated time? I applied Family Class (outland) while living in Canada, my application is currently being processed by the Ottawa Visa Office. I have Decision Made on ECAS since August, right after my Medicals were approved. Thanks a lot for your help and your feedback, I really appreciate it.

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
Most people are getting the credentials email less than 48 hours & eCOPR less than 48 hours after you log into the portal & complete what they ask

addicted2tennis

Jul 10, 2020
I did some research and actually it's very random. It can take a couple of days, but many people waited for weeks, sometimes for months. What I don't understand is why IRCC is asking people to confirm that they are in Canada if then they don't send the credential for the Portal right away. People might be leaving Canada for a number of reasons so I think that they should ask this question only if they give an immediate follow up with the credentials, otherwise it's useless, if not counterproductive (what would happen if I get the credentials after one month, when I already left Canada?)

addicted2tennis

Jul 10, 2020
I have no choice, I can only work abroad. I left Canada yesterday for a one week work trip to the US. I will be back on the 31 and then I won't leave until I get my PR. I sent a webform to IRCC telling them about this trip, hopefully I won't receive the credentials for the portal while I'm here in the US. If I do, I hope I can wait until I return to Canada to access the portal and confirm that I'm in Canada. Fingers crossed.

lol87

Aug 12, 2019
I have no choice, I can only work abroad. I left Canada yesterday for a one week work trip to the US. I will be back on the 31 and then I won't leave until I get my PR. I sent a webform to IRCC telling them about this trip, hopefully I won't receive the credentials for the portal while I'm here in the US. If I do, I hope I can wait until I return to Canada to access the portal and confirm that I'm in Canada. Fingers crossed.
Hello, did u receive your credentials? I have the same situation still waiting from 2 February, I sent an email to Paris office with no reply, what if I leave Canada?

lol87

Aug 12, 2019
Hi,
I received PPR on October 5, I sent a webform right away confirming that I was in Canada as per IRCC instructions. IRCC acknowledged the reception of my webform the very next day, with an email from an immigration officer (not an automatic reply). I was expecting to receive the email with the Portal credentials for virtual landing within a couple of days, but as of today (October 23) I haven't received anything. Could you please share your timeline between PPR and portal credential emails? Is it true that it can take up to several months? Is there an average estimated time? I applied Family Class (outland) while living in Canada, my application is currently being processed by the Ottawa Visa Office. I have Decision Made on ECAS since August, right after my Medicals were approved. Thanks a lot for your help and your feedback, I really appreciate it.
Hi when did u receive ur credential mail?

gcrozariol

Jun 30, 2021
Got the PPR today and right away I sent a webform with my full name, UCI and address because I am in Canada. Does anybody know how long until the PR portal?

Cansav

Dec 12, 2019
Hi , I submitted webform to but havent received any acknowledgement of it . Is it normal or do I need to submit a webform again?

gcrozariol

Jun 30, 2021
Hi , I submitted webform to but havent received any acknowledgement of it . Is it normal or do I need to submit a webform again?
Same thing happened to me so I sent twice. Then 24 hours later I got a response for both webforms. No worries, it’s been sent.

Reactions: Cansav