+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline for spouse application at visa officess Mississauga, ON and New Delhi

CanadianPR1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2010
Hello guys,
Has anyone applied for spouse sponsorship application at visa center Mississauga, Ontario and the approval sent to New Delhi visa office? How long the complete processing took place? Please share if you have gone thru both these visa offices.
I appreciate for your replies.

Thanks

ucalgary

Apr 8, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2010
File Transfer...
15-04-2010
Passport Req..
27-04-2010
Re: Timeline for spouse application at visa officess Mississauga, ON and New Del

Check out the trackitt.com website, specifically, the canada-immigration-trackers in the "Family-Class" category - it is quite useful for looking at timelines, not just for New Delhi, but other visa offices around the world as well.

B

boyee6576

I have sponsored my Indian husband and I think it was like a month or so and he got a letter with a date for an interview. The interview was for two or three weeks after that. Not everyone is has and interview some are waived. Our case they didnt believe our marriage was genuine and so my husband had to go for interview. Good luck! :)

simple_gal

Apr 16, 2010
I sponsored my husband from India and it took since i got approved from Mississauge until he got his passport a total of 7 months and he was also called for an interview.

Stay patient and u will most likely hear something regarding ur case within 3 months after ur case starts being processed in new delhi.

CanadianPR1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2010
Thank you all for your details.
I have couple of more questions, Please share your experience with me:
1.Does my wife needs to change her passport with "married" status? Did you guys do this? I think it is not required to change the passport details if she decides to keep her family name.
2.When she's filling PR application for family members section, does she need to include her parents and brothers/sisters? Or Family members means here only our children?

Thanks in advance.

ucalgary

Apr 8, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2010
File Transfer...
15-04-2010
Passport Req..
27-04-2010
Re: Timeline for spouse application at visa officess Mississauga, ON and New Del

CanadianPR1 said:
Thank you all for your details.
I have couple of more questions, Please share your experience with me:
1.Does my wife needs to change her passport with "married" status? Did you guys do this? I think it is not required to change the passport details if she decides to keep her family name.
2.When she's filling PR application for family members section, does she need to include her parents and brothers/sisters? Or Family members means here only our children?

Thanks in advance.
No, your wife does not need to change her passport if you apply immediately after marriage, but it would definitely add proof of your relationship if she has her husband's name on her passport (as is common for Indian passports). My wife applied for a new one and it took her one month to receive it (but time varies from area to area). Of course if your wife wants to keep her old family name, then this issue isn't applicable.

As for your second question, Family members refers only to dependents - so any children you may have. Do not include parents, brothers, or sisters.

CanadianPR1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2010

Thank you very much ucalgary for your information.

Thanks