+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline for refugee permanent residence applications

AAMM_2015

Feb 17, 2016
ghonghadze said:
go to this web and pick which applies to you and it will show the amount of time you need to wait. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
Permanent residence in Canada is not included

ghonghadze

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
when you Refugee claim is accepted mate you are protected Person in Canada so you must select first Refugee and then Protected persons in Canada.

ghonghadze

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Acknowledgement of the Receipt of the Application means they acknowledge that they received the application now, when you receive the Letter that it has been determined that you meet the PR requirements then you have passed stage 1.

tehtaimuriirl

Sep 24, 2014
ghonghadze said:
Acknowledgement of the Receipt of the Application means they acknowledge that they received the application now, when you receive the Letter that it has been determined that you meet the PR requirements then you have passed stage 1.

How long will they take in that

ghonghadze

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
IN reality no one knows how many months it will take but for the moment what they show, first state is 9 month and Second 10. But in my case i have been waiting from Sep 2014 and it is more that two years and still do not know how many more months I need to wait. But it has been less then a year from some others to get PR status.

Streetman

Jun 21, 2016
Edmonton
ghonghadze said:
Acknowledgment of receipt means they just opened your file, it doesn't mean you passed stage 1.
You only pass stage 1 when you receive AIP

Lasso

Aug 15, 2016
OmarionMommy said:
Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on June 8, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 3, 2016.
We started processing your application on August 2, 2016.
Medical results have been received.

my medical expired January 2016 but I didn't have to redo it. I included my spouse but haven't received any request for him to do medical). Keeping my fingers crossed. Anyone knows what's the next step?
It is early to say about medical done. Next step you will receive an AIP letter most probably with a request for new medical. same letter you will find out about your spouse.

tehtaimuriirl

Sep 24, 2014
We received your application for permanent residence on September 12, 2016.
We started processing your application on October 21, 2016.