+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline for New Permanent Residence to Get First PR Card

zack_edmonton

Jan 4, 2019
I didn't find the thread for this topic, so I created it. I landed on Jan 17, 2019. Waiting for the first PR card. Can you share your timeline to get your first PR card, please? Thank you very much.

BenLinus6

Feb 20, 2017
I landed on January 12th last year. If I'm not mistaken, I got the card in the beginning of March.

zack_edmonton

Jan 4, 2019
I landed on January 12th last year. If I'm not mistaken, I got the card in the beginning of March.
Thank you for your reply. Now the processing time is 41 days. Not sure how long of the processing time at this time of last year? I have a vacation at the end of Feb, worried about whether I can get the card before traveling. I landed on Jan 17, 2019.

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
Thank you for your reply. Now the processing time is 41 days. Not sure how long of the processing time at this time of last year? I have a vacation at the end of Feb, worried about whether I can get the card before traveling. I landed on Jan 17, 2019.
You need to add about a week onto those times for mailing. I would say it's possible but unlikely your card will arrive in time if the processing time is accurate.

mrHuiChen

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
If you are only going to US, then it's fine by driving to cross the border w/o PR card. Otherwise there's a risk.