+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline after permanent AOR

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
For self-employed: Looks like they automatically send out the biometrics request as soon as they open your application (before actually looking at the application).

I’m wondering if they also automatically send out a medical request without looking? Or do they only request medical if your application looks good? So if it doesn’t look like you might get PR based on your application, they wouldn’t request medical…??

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
In the online portal they asked for a copy of an updated passport as one of ours had expired in the meantime (we had renewed it). That’s all. Is it wrong that I check it every day?? :D
Great. Your post saying you got the permanent number is giving me hope. But I am still waiting to hear... surely can't be long if you've had yours. We are both the November 2020 batch.

Hemeda

Aug 8, 2022
In the online portal they asked for a copy of an updated passport as one of ours had expired in the meantime (we had renewed it). That’s all. Is it wrong that I check it every day?? :D
Hi @tanyaviola how many days is given to you to send the passport copy ? a friend who received the same letter and gave only seven days? Did you receive any updates on the documents after sending?

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
Hi @tanyaviola how many days is given to you to send the passport copy ? a friend who received the same letter and gave only seven days? Did you receive any updates on the documents after sending?
I think it was 7 days probably but I can’t remember. The online portal shows that our documents have been uploaded.

MyTrueNorth

Jul 16, 2023
Hah, I check it every single day too :oops: I also think they won't request medical unless you're approved. Of course if you don't pass the medical then yes they can reject the application but medical is often the main sign that PPR is on the way!

PB India

Star Member
Jul 7, 2023
Hah, I check it every single day too :oops: I also think they won't request medical unless you're approved. Of course if you don't pass the medical then yes they can reject the application but medical is often the main sign that PPR is on the way!
I had a conversation with my friend who got the PR through this stream in 2022 he got the medical request after his interview and they approved that your interview is complete and now they ask for the medical n after that he got the passport submission request for COPR.