+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeframe After Medical Examination

hope.2019

Feb 2, 2019
Good morning.
I have done the medical examination and the results have been received by the immigration center in Canada.
I am a privately sponsored refugee, and I would like to learn from your experience on how many months would it take to get a reply after that?
- What could be the best case scenario reply? (What should I expect next?)
-What could be the worst case scenario reply?
-How long would it take to get a reply?

I may sound in a rush, but waiting in an uncomfortable place is horrible.

I would like to hear your answers and thank you in advance.

Jordan Khan

Star Member
Jan 14, 2017
Good morning.
I have done the medical examination and the results have been received by the immigration center in Canada.
I am a privately sponsored refugee, and I would like to learn from your experience on how many months would it take to get a reply after that?
- What could be the best case scenario reply? (What should I expect next?)
-What could be the worst case scenario reply?
-How long would it take to get a reply?

I may sound in a rush, but waiting in an uncomfortable place is horrible.

I would like to hear your answers and thank you in advance.
Hi dear, i think it various from a family to another depend on number of members in a family and other aspects as background check etc..
how long have you been waiting after medicals?

hope.2019

Feb 2, 2019
Thanks for your reply. I am applying alone. I believe that the background check is done since they have paid for my medical exam.
I'm done with the medical exam about 2 weeks ago. Not so long far ago i know, just keeping clear sight on what should happen next and when.

Jordan Khan

Star Member
Jan 14, 2017
Thanks for your reply. I am applying alone. I believe that the background check is done since they have paid for my medical exam.
I'm done with the medical exam about 2 weeks ago. Not so long far ago i know, just keeping clear sight on what should happen next and when.
Hello dear, well its not been so long since your medicals but as you mentioned you are alone it could be a faster process for you. lets hope for the best...

larnad_88

Feb 8, 2019
hi
i am at the same step. i did my medical exam and now waiting for a reply.
if everything went ok and all what should happen next?
sorry i have many questions i hope someone will help.
how long would it usually take between now and the travel arrangements, and how long do travel arrangements take?
i know that they will start arranging travels, but how long will they give me to finalize my stuff in the country im living in?
when i arrive in canada will i be a permenant resident or just a refugee?

Jordan Khan

Star Member
Jan 14, 2017
hi
i am at the same step. i did my medical exam and now waiting for a reply.
if everything went ok and all what should happen next?
sorry i have many questions i hope someone will help.
how long would it usually take between now and the travel arrangements, and how long do travel arrangements take?
i know that they will start arranging travels, but how long will they give me to finalize my stuff in the country im living in?
when i arrive in canada will i be a permenant resident or just a refugee?
Hi, it would take 4 to 6 months. This is a normal time frame, it could take less than 4 or more than 6 months. That's what the visa officer said to me..
best regard