+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time to process startup visa

Entrepreneur101

Jan 11, 2021
Once we receive a Letter of Support (from incubator), what is the likelyhood of getting the PR (if all medical, background and ielts requirements are met)? Is there a percentage IRCC has allocated for PR applications based on Startup Visa? What can one do with the incubator to ensure better chances with IRCC?

Macintosh

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Once we receive a Letter of Support (from incubator), what is the likelyhood of getting the PR (if all medical, background and ielts requirements are met)? Is there a percentage IRCC has allocated for PR applications based on Startup Visa? What can one do with the incubator to ensure better chances with IRCC?
Is your incubator organization a designated organization listed on Canada.ca IRCC?

it9hk

Mar 20, 2021
From open data website (I can’t remember the link), number of approval divided by number of applications was approximately 70-80%. Though you may argue it is not a fair calculation as processing takes time.

Reactions: Entrepreneur101

Jat_suv

May 19, 2021
WP Timeline depends country to country
PR it’s showing 12-16 months from AOR
Have you received ur LOS

Entrepreneur101

Jan 11, 2021
WP Timeline depends country to country
PR it’s showing 12-16 months from AOR
Have you received ur LOS
Yes. I was looking to apply for WP but processing time shows as 26-30 weeks. Not sure if it is worth applying for WP. Maybe better just to apply only for PR.

nafees ahmed

May 23, 2021
Hi,

I am also lookin for some incubator to get the LOS for my business. Could you please share your experience in getting this LOS. Can you suggest some good incubators, fee you paid to them and how much time it took to get the LOS?
Thanks

Entrepreneur101

Jan 11, 2021
Hi,

I am also lookin for some incubator to get the LOS for my business. Could you please share your experience in getting this LOS. Can you suggest some good incubators, fee you paid to them and how much time it took to get the LOS?
Thanks
What I did was go through the list of 40 or so incubators on the CIC website. Research each. Each has different requirements. Some need existing business proof, others minimum revenue generated while others have interest only in select sectors. Best not to waste their time or yours so do research on the incubators (as well as Angels and VC's) and approach them yourselves with a 2 page plan or summary (as per their requirements). If your plan (and background) appeals to them, they will respond with further instructions.

Fees vary. Apart from the 1 or 2 year fees many charge post LoS, there are many who charge for taking their mandatory modules before processing your application. I hear some based in BC charge $40,000 CAD and others like one in Calgary a token fee of $15. You can verify yourself by directly approaching them. Processing time varies from incubator to incubator. 1 month to 4 months etc.

Entrepreneurs should be able to undertake the process themselves. At the end of the day, your plan and what it can contribute is what counts and will speak for itself.