+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time to give people from some Commonwealth Countries extra points

movetocanada5634

Mar 3, 2015
I feel the points system should change. People from Commonwealth countries which are already very similar to Canada are the people who have the highest chance of success settling as permanent residents. I feel this has much more relevance than having "Canadian Experience" which doesn't really prove anything. There is already a petition started regarding this idea but they are talking about freedom of movement. I think this could be built into EE much easier and Canada would seriously benefit from this!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
movetocanada5634 said:
I feel the points system should change. People from Commonwealth countries which are already very similar to Canada are the people who have the highest chance of success settling as permanent residents.
Except for the fact that around half of the Commonwealth member states are developing nations that are not even remotely similar to Canada....

Do you give these extra points to all Commonwealth countries or just the ones "similar to Canada"?

movetocanada5634

Mar 3, 2015
I was talking about the countries similar to Canada. If you google "Commonwealth freedom of movement" you will see there is a petition which has 70,000 signatures already regarding this. They are talking about freedom of movement between the Commonwealth countries which similar to each other i.e. UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. I just feel that something similar could be brought into the points system to cater for this as it really seems to make sense.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suspect freedom of movement between the US and Canada would be more likely, a North American EU.

JohnsonBthe1

Mar 19, 2015
If in that case, the PGWP holders, who have already live in Canada for 3+ years, should get even more points.
No offense but I don't see any similarity between some developing commonwelath countries and Canada

movetocanada5634

Mar 3, 2015
JohnsonBthe1 said:
If in that case, the PGWP holders, who have already live in Canada for 3+ years, should get even more points.
No offense but I don't see any similarity between some developing commonwelath countries and Canada
I think people who are already living and working in Canada should get priority over everyone else anyway. Without just giving them the "Canadian Experience" points. It's logical to put people already working in Canada in font of other people who are applying from outside Canada.

I was only talking about the Commonwealth countries which are similar to Canada i.e. UK, Australia and New Zealand