+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time to give back to the forum - Ask

itzewrgurl

Aug 9, 2014
Hello
Good to see your post actually i am also coming to canada in jan 2015 intake for International business management program at centennial but now i m little scared after reading all those bad reviews about centennial that there are no good job opportunities after studying from centennial and it is the worst college ever all that stuff , even here in this forum also there are many people who criticize centennial.Can you please tell me how was your experience in centennial and whether the program is well organised or not and what is the reputation of centennial, what are my chances of getting job in canada after studying from centennial.
One thing more some people say that centennial crowd is more of old people is that true.
EAGERLY waiting for your reply.
Regards
Alaska

lannguyen

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Schedule A 13-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-05-2016
Med's Done....
16-05-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
Hi guys,

Im not sure if what im going to ask is relevant to the topic lol. Im wondering about the one year 12 months experience. My contract with my current employer is from nov27,2013-nov26,2014. So it will end after nov 26. Does it count as one year as the requirement. Or it has to be until nov27. But im not working with them anymore starting nov27

I know it may sound silly but i dont want my application to be rejected for that reason.

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
itzewrgurl said:
can i get some reply
I am sorry didn't realize there was a reply to the thread.

This is what I had said previously

Centennial was a great experience, it has a really big campuses and the biggest is at progress ave. which is where I studied.
The professors are alright and the crowd as well mostly Indians with a slight mix with whites. Through I enjoyed my experience at Centennial, I prefer George Brown since I felt Centennial was completely disconnected from Toronto which is the business capital and since being a business student I didnt want that. I worked on campus in the office for 2 years.
There are lots of companies and businesses in Scarborough but if you are looking at top companies to work in they are only in Toronto.

Centennial is one of the oldest community colleges in Ontario and I think its a great college. Its seriously what you do with your time here. Of course you can choose to just go to class and do nothing else. The program was very organized.

I have lived in scarborough for almost 7 years now since I came to Canada and travel to Toronto downtown to work. Since Scarborough is the suburb its a lot more quieter. Scarborough is a mixed community area, some areas in Scarborough would be Indians, Sri Lankans, Whites, etc etc... There are tons of Indian shops and larger supermarkets such as No Frills, Walmart.

There is a misconception that Scarborough is not safe, I have never had a problem.....

in terms of job prospects.. From my personal experience its what you put in; of course if you just go to class and do nothing else to professional develop you will not get a job. They main key to get a job in any field is to network, network and network...

If international business is the field you want to pursue there are lots of logistics, trading companies etc companies in Toronto..

Hope that helps

Let me know if you have any more questions

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
lannguyen said:
Hi guys,

Im not sure if what im going to ask is relevant to the topic lol. Im wondering about the one year 12 months experience. My contract with my current employer is from nov27,2013-nov26,2014. So it will end after nov 26. Does it count as one year as the requirement. Or it has to be until nov27. But im not working with them anymore starting nov27

I know it may sound silly but i dont want my application to be rejected for that reason.
You shouldn't have a problem just for a day. The requirement is working one year full time 35.7 hours. As long as you are working in the required NOC category you shouldnt have problem.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
draxz1289 said:
You shouldn't have a problem just for a day. The requirement is working one year full time 35.7 hours. As long as you are working in the required NOC category you shouldnt have problem.
Actually according CIC the full time work is considered 30 hours per week.

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
nov1061 said:
Actually according CIC the full time work is considered 30 hours per week.
I stand corrected, its 30 hours

itzewrgurl

Aug 9, 2014
draxz1289 said:
I am sorry didn't realize there was a reply to the thread.

This is what I had said previously

Centennial was a great experience, it has a really big campuses and the biggest is at progress ave. which is where I studied.
The professors are alright and the crowd as well mostly Indians with a slight mix with whites. Through I enjoyed my experience at Centennial, I prefer George Brown since I felt Centennial was completely disconnected from Toronto which is the business capital and since being a business student I didnt want that. I worked on campus in the office for 2 years.
There are lots of companies and businesses in Scarborough but if you are looking at top companies to work in they are only in Toronto.

Centennial is one of the oldest community colleges in Ontario and I think its a great college. Its seriously what you do with your time here. Of course you can choose to just go to class and do nothing else. The program was very organized.

I have lived in scarborough for almost 7 years now since I came to Canada and travel to Toronto downtown to work. Since Scarborough is the suburb its a lot more quieter. Scarborough is a mixed community area, some areas in Scarborough would be Indians, Sri Lankans, Whites, etc etc... There are tons of Indian shops and larger supermarkets such as No Frills, Walmart.

There is a misconception that Scarborough is not safe, I have never had a problem.....

in terms of job prospects.. From my personal experience its what you put in; of course if you just go to class and do nothing else to professional develop you will not get a job. They main key to get a job in any field is to network, network and network...

If international business is the field you want to pursue there are lots of logistics, trading companies etc companies in Toronto..

Hope that helps

Let me know if you have any more questions
thank you for your reply

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lannguyen said:
Hi guys,

You are threading on a thin line here, as you are not leaving even 1 day extra for contingency. Did you take some time off during these times?

When are you applying for the CEC PR application? Did you have Open or Closed Work Permit? When is it expiring?