+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time to Give Back: Profile with gaps got study visa

dsan_01

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
I would like to thank all the members of this wonderful forum. You guys helped me a lot in clearing my doubts.
The moment I got my study visa, I wanted to share my story so that people with gaps in their profile can get a ray of hope.

Please Note : I did travelled to Canada and other countries before and had valid visas. I think this could be one point that helped in sailing through the visa process.

My profile
IELTS : 7
10th : 70%
12th : 76%
BTech : 69% in 2005

Gaps : 5 months, 8months, 3years 3months (2010 onwards).
Experience : Approx 4 years 2 months total.

University with which I applied visa : Concordia (but I also got into Dalhousie MACS program)

Advice to future applicants: Write strong justifications for the gaps, university and program chosen and how its a progression of your study. Its important to show how your higher study in Canada can help you in achieving greater success in your home country. Key is to think as if you are the visa officer and why you would accept or reject this application. No consultant would want a rejection for your visa because its their reputation on stake but remember your career and life is also on the hook. So be involved in the process and provide feedback to the consultant while they are preparing your documentations. At the same time, write your own SOP. Take consultant's help to improve it since they deal with such cases daily.

Understand that every case is different and nobody can guarantee a visa but what is important at the first place is your awareness about your profile's weaknesses and strengths.

There were some consultants who directly told me that with this much of gap, its not possible to get visa. So do not loose hope.

kiran kalsi

Feb 6, 2014
congrats bro... :p

can u gave me ur sop ..so i can get idea...coz i also have gap i my studies..approx of 1 year..after 10th....and1.5 half year gap after my poly. diploma.....i got recently refused for may intake.......n trying under general category for sept batch....can u mail it @..kirandeepsinghkalsi7@yahoo.com

ayazk88

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2014
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
InshaAllah soon
same prob with me as well bro...can u send me ur sop on ayazk88@gmail.com so i can have an idea .....

Regards

praveen1989

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hi,

If a person has 5 months gap, simply spending time, watching tv, hanging with friends, travelling to many places with in the country...no study...no work...How to justify this gap in SOP?

Thanks

Ramandeep

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Visa Office......
Chandigarh: online application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2014
IELTS Request
7 bands - Submitted with application
Med's Request
Submitted with application
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-7-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-7-2014
LANDED..........
Aug-2014
dsan_01 said:
I would like to thank all the members of this wonderful forum. You guys helped me a lot in clearing my doubts.
The moment I got my study visa, I wanted to share my story so that people with gaps in their profile can get a ray of hope.

Please Note : I did travelled to Canada and other countries before and had valid visas. I think this could be one point that helped in sailing through the visa process.

My profile

University with which I applied visa : Concordia (but I also got into Dalhousie MACS program)

Advice to future applicants: Write strong justifications for the gaps, university and program chosen and how its a progression of your study. Its important to show how your higher study in Canada can help you in achieving greater success in your home country. Key is to think as if you are the visa officer and why you would accept or reject this application. No consultant would want a rejection for your visa because its their reputation on stake but remember your career and life is also on the hook. So be involved in the process and provide feedback to the consultant while they are preparing your documentations. At the same time, write your own SOP. Take consultant's help to improve it since they deal with such cases daily.

Understand that every case is different and nobody can guarantee a visa but what is important at the first place is your awareness about your profile's weaknesses and strengths.

There were some consultants who directly told me that with this much of gap, its not possible to get visa. So do not loose hope.
What will be the better option for pursuing MACS (Dalhousie or Concordia). I am confused between these two.
Please advise. Many thanks in advance.

0xFF

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Insha'ALLAH soon
Passport Req..
Insha'ALLAH soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha'ALLAH soon
LANDED..........
Insha'ALLAH soon
dsan_01 said:

My profile

Many congratulations to you on getting a Visa.
Is there any chance that you could share your SOP ?
I just want to go through the structure and how you organise the information.

Gurlal

Star Member
Mar 29, 2014
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/07/2014
IELTS Request
Overall 6.5 (L7.5 R6 W6.5 S6.5)
File Transfer...
08/07/2014
Med's Done....
25/06/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Refused
LANDED..........
Delayed till december
Congrats for ur visa .i also hav gap in my studies can u plz share ur sop my mail id is waraichdollars@gmail.com