+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time spent on visit visa before becoming PR count as a half day?

gtareddy

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
Does time spent on visit visa (dependent visa) before becoming PR count as half day?

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gtareddy said:
Hi All,
Does time spent on visit visa (dependent visa) before becoming PR count as half day?
I asked the same question last week. It is counted. I checked it on canadavisa website and called CIC to confirm the same. Also many in this forum have confirmed it is counted towards citizenship until the 3/4 rule prevails.

gtareddy

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:
I asked the same question last week. It is counted. I checked it on canadavisa website and called CIC to confirm the same. Also many in this forum have confirmed it is counted towards citizenship until the 3/4 rule prevails.
Thanks chikloo. My wife didn't receive visitor record (usually printed at airport) when she landed. She has only landing stamp in her passport. Will it still count?

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gtareddy said:
Thanks chikloo. My wife didn't receive visitor record (usually printed at airport) when she landed. She has only landing stamp in her passport. Will it still count?
Not sure.
Try and order CBSA report to check if she has a record there.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
gtareddy said:
Landing stamp only confirm when she officially landed as PR. Doesn't tell CIC how long you have been in Canada before landing stamp.

Order CBSA record to get record of first entry into Canada as a visitor. This will provide evidence of being in Canada as visitor before PR.

gtareddy

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Landing stamp only confirm when she officially landed as PR. Doesn't tell CIC how long you have been in Canada before landing stamp.

Order CBSA record to get record of first entry into Canada as a visitor. This will provide evidence of being in Canada as visitor before PR.
My wife was with me on visit visa and later traveled back to my home country and again came back as landed immigrant.
1. Does the CBSA report even say when she left the country during the visit visa?
2. How to order CBSA report?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
gtareddy said:
My wife was with me on visit visa and later traveled back to my home country and again came back as landed immigrant.
1. Does the CBSA report even say when she left the country during the visit visa?
2. How to order CBSA report?
1. Unfortunately, CBSA record will not list exit records except maybe if you and wife went to US. (Canada and US now share exit records). If you still have flight itinerary, plane tickets, they can be used as evidence of when your wife left Canada.

2. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp