+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
What if the security had just started immediately medical passed or renewed and he/she had waited for over 25monthts, can the security take up to 1 year or more?
Usually 1-2 months but for some cases it could take a year or more

Sobajo

Feb 1, 2019
The most logical explanation I could come up with, is that your friend’s wife didn’t seek protection from her home country; therefore, she can get a PCC. Her husband can’t because he sought protection from his home country.

This is from IRCC website, “Note that PCCs are not required from the countries from which the applicant sought protection”.
They are protected . In summary: at the time of the application submission ,only the main applicant was protected the rest of the family were reject so the main applicant a company them on his application ,two month later they won the appeal so they have got the protection status and IRCC was-informed through web form. Moreover on the letter from IRCC it was mention you are applying PR as protected refugee which meant they acknowledged their new status !
I am not sure if any one aware with similar case and how it was handle .
@Jalalcananda need your expert feedback as well.
looking forward to hear from all,Thanks and congratulations to all who's received DM

timon bi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
I just got off the phone with cic and they said my application is complete I just have to wait for the final decision. Although my status is showing 'decision made'. I got approval letter on the 19th waiting for copr.
Congratulations, your timeline please

Ngarii

Nov 19, 2020
Congratulations, your timeline please
16 April 2019
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 16, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 11, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on September 10, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on August 9, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on January 18, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. Medical results have been received.
  7. We sent you correspondence on November 19, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  8. Approval letter November 19
  9. Rcmp fingerprint request same day as approval letter nov 19
  10. Decision made November 22
  11. Now waiting for copr

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
16 April 2019
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 11, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on August 9, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on January 18, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  7. We sent you correspondence on November 19, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  11. Now waiting for copr
I am waiting for copr also decision was made yesterday December 1sts.
Guys what is approximate wait time for Copr and how do we receive Copr? Phone or email or mail what is the latest trend? I have asked this multiple times as we finally got the happiness of approval and then again waiting for Copr

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
16 April 2019
  11. Now waiting for copr
Congratulations!

For the approval letter, is it the AIP or a message that says: “ we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed.....”

Immy075

Nov 15, 2020
Please help ! My timeline was 100% n medical n fingers prints r passed , eligibility passed they wrote 20% more time ur application will take because of complexity so can anybody tell me how long they will take now I’m April 3, 2019 ! Thanks in advance for the answer

Ngarii

Nov 19, 2020
Congratulations!

For the approval letter, is it the AIP or a message that says: “ we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed.....”
Thank.. it's the message that say your application has been completed, London office will contact you

Reactions: Ryan4

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Please help ! My timeline was 100% n medical n fingers prints r passed , eligibility passed they wrote 20% more time ur application will take because of complexity so can anybody tell me how long they will take now I’m April 3, 2019 ! Thanks in advance for the answer
calm down, this an automatic message when you reach 100%, just wait for your security to be done and everything will be ok!

I'm April 2

Reactions: Yuki.03

Immy075

Nov 15, 2020
I Just receive this letter from mississauga office can anybody tell me what is this .....

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements. Applying for an open work permit and/or study permit If you have not already done so, you may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and location of your choice. You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit, please ensure you include a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter should outline the type of course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the expected completion date. To obtain the correct forms, please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website at www.cic.gc.ca. When should I contact IRCC? You must notify Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:  Change in status in Canada: you must submit a written statement to this office and include evidence to indicate the status in Canada of all persons listed in your Application for Permanent Residence;  Changes in your personal circumstances, including birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce; o If you have a child, you must specify whether or not he/she is to be added to this application. If that child is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, please provide a copy of their document which details his/her status in Canada (i.e. Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian permanent resident card, etc.).  Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);  Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual; and/or Case Processing Centre Mississauga Centre de Traitement des Demandes Mississauga Website: www.cic.gc.ca Site web: www.cic.gc.ca  Decision to withdraw your application. You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process, provided that a final decision has not been made on the Application for Permanent Residence (APR)

Reactions: Armaani

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
I have got the approval and decision made but it still shows just medical passed and everything else shows still in process and same as you 20% more time ur application will take because of complexity which is BULL SHIF dont worry you get DM ASAP