+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

jhoan2134

Jul 3, 2019
Hello you all

I received this email this morning!

have anyone received the same?

We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC has had to stop in-person
services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. The Department has
come up with innovative ways to conduct business. Confirming permanent residence (PR)
status without an in-person interview through a new and secure PR Confirmation Portal
is one of these new improvements we are happy to offer you today.
Through the PR Confirmation Portal:
 You will confirm you currently live in Canada
 You will provide your current address in Canada (we’ll send your permanent
resident card in the mail to this address)
 You will submit a recent photo (JPEG or PNG formats are accepted) which we’ll use
to print your PR card
 IRCC will upload your document that proves your new PR status you will be able to
use this document while you wait for your first PR card that will come to you in the
mail
Important notes:
 You and every dependant included in your application need to be in Canada to use
the portal. If you or one of your dependants currently live outside Canada, let us

know by replying to this message:

 You, as a client, will have to access the portal yourself. If you’re a representative
receiving this message, please forward this email to the clients you represented
for their PR application until they were approved.
 A principal applicant can have more than one profile under their account in this
portal. As the principle applicant, you’ll act on behalf of your minor dependants.
Profiles for your dependants, who were under 18 years of age at the time you
applied for permanent residence, will be created under your profile.

 Other dependant(s) included in your application, including a spouse/partner and
dependants 18 years old or older at the time you applied for permanent
residence, can either:
o Allow IRCC to create their account under your principal applicant account.
You will then act on behalf of them.
or
o Give their own unique email address (e.g. gmail, hotmail, etc.) for IRCC to
create a new account and complete the steps on their own.

Let us know:
You must inform us immediately via the IRCC webform of any of these changes:
 marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation
 death of
o the sponsor
o the principal applicant or
o any accompanying family member
 birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children
 you (the principal applicant) or any of your family members have been charged or
convicted of a criminal offence
What you need to do next:
 Reply to this email and give us
your personal email address.
 Confirm which option (A or B) in section 3 above you are choosing for your other
dependant(s) included in your application (spouse/partner and 18 years or older
at the time you applied for permanent residence):
o If option A, no further email addresses are needed.
o If option B, provide a unique email address for every dependant included in
your application (spouse/partner and 18 years or older at the time you
applied for permanent residence).

 In your response, for yourself and for each member of your family, copy and paste
this template and fill in the information (*verify passport for the dates and location):
 Name:
 UCI:
 Email (as set out in this message):
 Original entry date:
 Date of last time entered Canada:
 Location(Port of Entry):

Reactions: Mfoniso Urua

3mmmad

Star Member
May 9, 2021
Hello you all

We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC has had to stop in-person
services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. The Department has
come up with innovative ways to conduct business. Confirming permanent residence (PR)
status without an in-person interview through a new and secure PR Confirmation Portal
 You will submit a recent photo (JPEG or PNG formats are accepted) which we’ll use
to print your PR card
 IRCC will upload your document that proves your new PR status you will be able to
use this document while you wait for your first PR card that will come to you in the
mail
Important notes:
 You and every dependant included in your application need to be in Canada to use
the portal. If you or one of your dependants currently live outside Canada, let us

 You, as a client, will have to access the portal yourself. If you’re a representative
receiving this message, please forward this email to the clients you represented
 A principal applicant can have more than one profile under their account in this
portal. As the principle applicant, you’ll act on behalf of your minor dependants.

 Other dependant(s) included in your application, including a spouse/partner and
residence, can either:
or

Let us know:
 death of
o the sponsor
 birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children
 you (the principal applicant) or any of your family members have been charged or
 Confirm which option (A or B) in section 3 above you are choosing for your other

 In your response, for yourself and for each member of your family, copy and paste
this template and fill in the information (*verify passport for the dates and location):
 Name:
 UCI:
 Original entry date:
Congratulations, you have finished processing your request. You can now only send your photos according to the information in the email.

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Hello you all

to print your PR card
mail
Important notes:

residence, can either:
or

Let us know:
 death of
o the sponsor

 Name:
 UCI:
 Original entry date:
Congratulations . Your decision have been made and you are at the end of the road. Reply and follow the instruction and then you will receive another letter tomorrow and respond to it again and follow the instruction. By so doing, you will be a month away from receiving your PR card in your mail box.

jhoan2134

Jul 3, 2019
Congratulations . Your decision have been made and you are at the end of the road. Reply and follow the instruction and then you will receive another letter tomorrow and respond to it again and follow the instruction. By so doing, you will be a month away from receiving your PR card in your mail box.
Congratulations, you have finished processing your request. You can now only send your photos according to the information in the email.

thanks for your answers guys. regardless my status has not been changed in the CIC portal.

anyways we are waiting!

I applied in March 2020
AOF April 2021
And I just received this email

Sunny.mjd

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
Hello you all

to print your PR card
mail
Important notes:

residence, can either:
or

Let us know:
 death of
o the sponsor

 Name:
 UCI:
 Original entry date:

Congratulations. I hope mine comes soon too.
I m Dec 2018 applicant. How long does background processing take? I tried calling IRCC wasn't able to get hold of an agent, but the status said background check in progress.

3mmmad

Star Member
May 9, 2021
I m Dec 2018 applicant. How long does background processing take? I tried calling IRCC wasn't able to get hold of an agent, but the status said background check in progress.
did you apply for pr in 2018 december

3mmmad

Star Member
May 9, 2021
Or are you talking about when you applied for asylum?

Sunny.mjd

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
did you apply for pr in 2018 december
Yes submitted my PR application in 2018. But I got married in 2019, and added my spouse. Because of covid they never added him to my file. Had to submit documents again and they started processing in 2020 Nov. They asked for pcc in January 2021, after that no update at all

3mmmad

Star Member
May 9, 2021
Yes submitted my PR application in 2018. But I got married in 2019, and added my spouse. Because of covid they never added him to my file. Had to submit documents again and they started processing in 2020 Nov. They asked for pcc in January 2021, after that no update at all
Ok what is the difference between a background check and a security check are they different

Sunny.mjd

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
Ok what is the difference between a background check and a security check are they different
For security I believe they will check criminal record and background chk when they verify all PCC and other information provided in the application.