Dec 20, 2005
Ukraine
Hello Guys,
I just wanted to share our time line:
1. Applied in Kiev, Ukraine in July 2002
2. AOR received - Aug 2002
3. Medicals - Jan 2006
4. Visa received - Oct 2006
And I would also like to share our experience in landing. It happenned so that we got our immigration visas a day before my husband and me departed to the USA on business. Our trip was planned for 2 months and nothing could be changed. Our canadian visas expire in January 2007. So we decided to go to Buffalo (since we were not far from it) and cross the border there. We did so, and I was very surprised when it took us only 10-15 minutes to do the paperwork. Maybe because we did not have a vehicle to import, but the officers there were very nice and helpful. We were asked to show the proof of funds, which we had in the form of bank statements, and that was it.
Now we plan to move to Canada in spring, and I will keep posting messages about our post landing experience.
If you have questions, I will be happy to answer them.
Good luck to all of us.
Victoria

fathertee

Star Member
May 25, 2006
Congratulations and goodluck in your future endeavours.

I just wanted to ask which forms you used when submitting additional application for your spouse. The fact is that i submitted my forms before i got married, and now want to apply for my wife. I will really appreciate it if i could get a response. Once again Congratulations.

FinPro

Star Member
Sep 18, 2006
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
hi,

great news torri.

Best of luck for ur future in Canada. Keep in touch plz.

Fathertee,

It can be form IMM5406. PLz check the following link for more details.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/skilled.html