+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time it will take to receive the SIN card

Devil123

Aug 31, 2019
Hi,

I have received the offer from the Canada firm and will be travelling soon. I have 15 days to start my work and I am traveling tomorrow. I have a few questions
1. How long does it take to receive the SIN number after I arrive in Canada as I received my PR through express entry?
2. Can I apply for SIN on COPR or does it require the PR card to arrive?
3. Is it mandatory for and employee to have the SIN card?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have received the offer from the Canada firm and will be travelling soon. I have 15 days to start my work and I am traveling tomorrow. I have a few questions
1. How long does it take to receive the SIN number after I arrive in Canada as I received my PR through express entry?
PR card will not arrive anytime soon.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi,

Yes it is mandatory you have to apply for SIN. You can walk in to Service Canada and apply for SIN and will be issued one on the spot. Yes you can apply for SIN with CoPR.