+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time for SP once you get your AIP?

rajat2101

Aug 27, 2020
I was wondering if anyone has received their SP? I applied for SP on 22nd July and got my AIP 19th Aug. I am an F1 student in the USA.

resilientflora

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Do you how much time it takes generally for SP when you already received AIP?
AIP is a new procedure due to covid. Since no one that I’m aware of has received an SP after receiving an AIP, the wait time is the amount of time from the person who received the first AIP to the person who receives the first SP after that - which no one has.

Jae9

Aug 22, 2020
I am also an F-1 holder in USA, and I also got my AIP on Aug 19th!
Now I am worried what if I cannot receive my final approval before my F1 visa expires... if that really happens, should I withdraw my application and re-apply from my home country? uhh such a mess

rajat2101

Aug 27, 2020
Now I am worried what if I cannot receive my final approval before my F1 visa expires... if that really happens, should I withdraw my application and re-apply from my home country? uhh such a mess
I have tried to contact the Canadian embassy, but they are not providing any solid answers. I tried to explain to them my situation(If I leave my college I would need to leave the US within 30 days) but I received no convincing answers. Btw when did you applied for PR and where are you in US?

Reactions: Jae9

saqib547

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
You can submit your passport in your hone country when you receive final approval. Contact with Visa Application center in your home country and explain them.

Reactions: Jae9

Jae9

Aug 22, 2020
I have tried to contact the Canadian embassy, but they are not providing any solid answers. I tried to explain to them my situation(If I leave my college I would need to leave the US within 30 days) but I received no convincing answers. Btw when did you applied for PR and where are you in US?
I submitted my SP application on July 12, completed the biometrics on July 30. I’m in Atlanta.
How about you?

Jae9

Aug 22, 2020
You can submit your passport in your hone country when you receive final approval. Contact with Visa Application center in your home country and explain them.
That is really a good news! Thanks!
Do you think this rule still apply even when my home country and the US requires different documents in the SP application? E.g in the US, it’s not required to submit a medical form, but in my home country it is required.

rajat2101

Aug 27, 2020
I submitted my SP application on July 12, completed the biometrics on July 30. I’m in Atlanta.
How about you?
I submitted the application on 22 July and bio on 24 July. I am in Orlando. Is your F1 expiring or you are leaving your program in the middle?

Jae9

Aug 22, 2020
My visa is still fine, it’s not like it’s expiring tomorrow. But I believe after any visa expires, you have 60 days of grace period.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
My visa is still fine, it’s not like it’s expiring tomorrow. But I believe after any visa expires, you have 60 days of grace period.
Hello! I am a former F-1 visa holder who withdrew from college about a week ago. When you SEVIS terminates (your DSO will tell when its terminated), you are given 15 days grace period. That's under the condition that it is terminated for a reason of "authorized early withdrawal". You must leave the US. Otherwise, you are out of status and overstayer.

Here is the source:
https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/sevis-help-hub/student-records/completions-and-terminations/termination-reasons

PS: I noticed that your program ended... In that case this doesn't apply to you, it's only for those who are transferring

Last edited:

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Also, visa and I-20 are separate things. F1 visa allows you entry with valid I-20. I-20 is what gives you validity to be at the US for the duration of your program. It is all very serious and you might have a ban in the US or refused study permit in Canada if you are an overstayer in the US.