+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time between test and DM

forumnewbie

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
it has been a week since my test. I’m wondering how long it takes from test to decision made. I know it depends and for some it’s the day after and for some it takes a while. I just want to get a sense what a normal range is. And if it’s abnormal that it has been a week for me and still no DM :(

I’m Mississauga applicant and did my test in Scarborough.

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
Congratulations on getting this far. There is no set timeline for this. It all depends on the application and the processing behind it.

I believe that worrying about it and asking questions just makes one more anxious. Nothing you ask here or the answers you get will change your processing. Just let it be. It will happen when it has to happen. No point worrying about things you or anyone here can control. The amount of work behind the scenes is quite large.

Focus on family or just enjoying the fall season.

:)

Reactions: EstherBarros

Chintu1988

May 6, 2014
Congratulations on getting this far. There is no set timeline for this. It all depends on the application and the processing behind it.

I believe that worrying about it and asking questions just makes one more anxious. Nothing you ask here or the answers you get will change your processing. Just let it be. It will happen when it has to happen. No point worrying about things you or anyone here can control. The amount of work behind the scenes is quite large.

Focus on family or just enjoying the fall season.

:)

I also did the test on SEP 24th in Scarborough, waiting for status to be DECISION MADE. I am November Applicant, I have most people get decision made in day or 2 days. not sure why it is so long in my case

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
It can take days to months. If your background checks are completed when you've taken the tests, you're likely to get a quick DM. Sometimes the background checks aren't done before the test is taken, so it's just a matter of waiting.

jameswood2

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
I also did the test on SEP 24th in Scarborough, waiting for status to be DECISION MADE. I am November Applicant, I have most people get decision made in day or 2 days. not sure why it is so long in my case
what did the agent said to you after your test?

beautifulmind

May 19, 2018
it has been a week since my test. I’m wondering how long it takes from test to decision made. I know it depends and for some it’s the day after and for some it takes a while. I just want to get a sense what a normal range is. And if it’s abnormal that it has been a week for me and still no DM :(

I’m Mississauga applicant and did my test in Scarborough.
I got DM after 33 days.

irnbru16

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
09-04-2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Hi,

Mine changed to DM within 24hrs after the test, for some some folks it took weeks. So no set timeline.

Chintu1988

May 6, 2014
then should be fine don't worry you'll get it soon
First of all Happy thanksgiving day to all Canadians and new upcoming Canadians.
Thanks so much for your response. They received my file on NOV 28/2017 so I am still within normal time frame. I always travel in December for holidays, out of country and I always book my plans 2 months advance, not sure with this situation, I will be able to do that since I don't know when I will be call for Oath Ceremony. Decision Made is key to get oath invitation so I am keep checking my online portal and emails. Let's hope for the best. I've seen DM status for 1 or 2 days for most people however in my case it is been already 10 working days not including Thanksgiving day.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
First of all Happy thanksgiving day to all Canadians and new upcoming Canadians.
Thanks so much for your response. They received my file on NOV 28/2017 so I am still within normal time frame. I always travel in December for holidays, out of country and I always book my plans 2 months advance, not sure with this situation, I will be able to do that since I don't know when I will be call for Oath Ceremony. Decision Made is key to get oath invitation so I am keep checking my online portal and emails. Let's hope for the best. I've seen DM status for 1 or 2 days for most people however in my case it is been already 10 working days not including Thanksgiving day.
Happy thanksgiving; I hope yours was fun. Don’t worry; this year you’d travel with a Canadian passport. Good luck

Reactions: Chintu1988

Chintu1988

May 6, 2014
Happy thanksgiving; I hope yours was fun. Don’t worry; this year you’d travel with a Canadian passport. Good luck

Thanks so much for asking, I had great thanksgiving day with friends, How was yours? I am also hoping for the same, It will be very proud moments for me to travel with Canadian Passport. I came as an International Student so it was indeed very long and most memorable journey. Spent 10 years in Canada !! I am sure all of you have the same feelings as I do. I am so excited already.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Thanks so much for asking, I had great thanksgiving day with friends, How was yours? I am also hoping for the same, It will be very proud moments for me to travel with Canadian Passport. I came as an International Student so it was indeed very long and most memorable journey. Spent 10 years in Canada !! I am sure all of you have the same feelings as I do. I am so excited already.
Mine was well, thanks.
Prayers and meditations are with you!

jameswood2

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
I hope you get it right away but my advice to you is to plan your vacation without thinking about it ( your oath ceremony) for me the agent told me I should get DM within 3-4 months this was around March and still nothing (IP)