+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time between Getting Visa and Landing In Canda

thunderbeans

May 4, 2018
I am just about to apply for my visa after completing all nessesary requirements, however I am slightly concerned about the timing. I am wondering how long do I have after recieving the visa to when I have to arrive in canada, is there any kind of deadline?

The reason I ask is that I am currently working and when my visa is accepted (I hope), I would need to give a couple of months notice so it would be at least 2 months until I can leave the UK.

Thanks.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am just about to apply for my visa after completing all nessesary requirements, however I am slightly concerned about the timing. I am wondering how long do I have after recieving the visa to when I have to arrive in canada, is there any kind of deadline?

The reason I ask is that I am currently working and when my visa is accepted (I hope), I would need to give a couple of months notice so it would be at least 2 months until I can leave the UK.

Thanks.
Your immigrant visa will usually expire one year from the date of your medicals.

thunderbeans

May 4, 2018
Your immigrant visa will usually expire one year from the date of your medicals.
Can I ask, what happens when you get your medicals done before your visa is approved. Do they still use the date of your medical exam or the date of the visa?