+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

time between decision made and CoPR

gargamel47

Oct 3, 2016
Hi,

so we were asked to send some pictures and the first page of the passport for each of our daughters again.
We were also asked to use a pre-paid envelope which will be returned to us with the landing papers.
The status was updated to decision made and we figured we would get the confirmation of permanent residence in no time
everything got to the case processing centre in Ottawa on July 22 and we have been waiting ever since. nothing came in the mail and when I wrote an e-mail to CPC-Ottawa I was told they had received the passport and that I should be able to track the envelope once they send it.
I have to say I don't understand what is happening. If the decision was made then were are the papers and why is it taking the so long?:(

Our address has changed but it took IRCC almost 7 weeks to update it. However, the pre-paid encelope has our current and updated address on it and we also figured that even if a mistake were to be made, the envelope would just return to CPC in Ottawa

anyway from the e-mail we got it seems like they haven't sent anything yet anyway.
Has anyone ever been in this situation and how long did it take for you to get the papers?