+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tim Hortons in Sept-Iles made me sign documents, but haven't heard from them in 2-3 months...

KMZZ7701

Nov 20, 2023
So a Tim Hortons in Sept-Iles made me sign these QC immigration, francisation and integration documents: l'autorisation de communiquer les renseignements personnels and a work contract. I'm currently outside of Canada (I've gone in with a tourist visa before) and I've been told there's probably no way Tim Hortons gets approved for LMIA to bring me into the country to work as a member of their staff (minimum wage). No CSQ has been sent to me either... Also the company isn't listed on the Canadian job bank website? Should I be expecting anything?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So a Tim Hortons in Sept-Iles made me sign these QC immigration, francisation and integration documents: l'autorisation de communiquer les renseignements personnels and a work contract. I'm currently outside of Canada (I've been in with a tourist visa before) and I've been told there's probably no way Tim Hortons gets approved for LMIA to bring me into the country to work as a member of their staff (minimum wage). No CSQ has been sent to me either... Also the company isn't listed on the Canadian job bank website? Should I be expecting anything?
How did you find this job and how is your French?

KMZZ7701

Nov 20, 2023
Just by calling them and they told me to send my CV by email which I did, and the next few days they sent me 2 documents to fill up as I said. It was more than 2 months ago now. When I look at the requirements for QC LMIA, yes there's a work contract the employer has to send, but there are also other things right (which were not sent to me)? I also believe you have to file the demand to the federal government and I didn't have to fill any Canadian documents either (just 2 QC documents pretty much). And my French is okay. I understand it better than I speak it, but I can get by with not much of a problem.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just by calling them and they told me to send my CV by email which I did, and the next few days they sent me 2 documents to fill up as I said. It was more than 2 months ago now. When I look at the requirements for QC LMIA, yes there's a work contract the employer has to send, but there are also other things right (which were not sent to me)? I also believe you have to file the demand to the federal government and I didn't have to fill any Canadian documents either (just 2 QC documents pretty much). And my French is okay. I understand it better than I speak it, but I can get by with not much of a problem.
so you live abroad and just called random stores looking for a job and a WP? Most employers don’t even know how to hire someone without a WP. Do you know if the store has an LMIA already or they are applying for one. Have you done any French language testing like TEF?

KMZZ7701

Nov 20, 2023
I have an uncle in the country who's been trying to find me a work permit for months. This is the best he's stumbled upon. And as I said, there's nothing on the Canadian job bank website, so no I do not believe they have LMIA (maybe they've applied and got denied which could be highly possible because why would they give LMIA to a Tim Hortons...). And no French language test has been done on my end. What do you think?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So a Tim Hortons in Sept-Iles made me sign these QC immigration, francisation and integration documents: l'autorisation de communiquer les renseignements personnels and a work contract. I'm currently outside of Canada (I've gone in with a tourist visa before) and I've been told there's probably no way Tim Hortons gets approved for LMIA to bring me into the country to work as a member of their staff (minimum wage). No CSQ has been sent to me either... Also the company isn't listed on the Canadian job bank website? Should I be expecting anything?
Have you tried calling them?

They may have been able to fill their vacancies locally and therefore have no need for foreignn workers.

I'm assuming you speak French fluently.

KMZZ7701

Nov 20, 2023
The whole thing smells fishy and fake. Way too easy. Did they ask you to pay money or contribute to any cost?
No nothing. As far as I can tell the Tim Hortons store is real and is really legit, but I'd be really surprised if they did the paperwork correctly/got approved for LMIA...

KMZZ7701

Nov 20, 2023
Have you tried calling them?

They may have been able to fill their vacancies locally and therefore have no need for foreignn workers.

I'm assuming you speak French fluently.
My French is okay, like I don't speak it really well, but I can get by during a conversation with someone. And yes, I'd be really surprised if they didn't find anyone teen to work this minimum wage job... Eitherway, I'm not in a rush, I'll just wait and see.

feedingspree

Oct 14, 2020
my wife is working at tim hortons i know someone was hired at their store via LMIA outland.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
A couple of fast foods in Ontario did apply for LMIA and got approved, but only for inland applicants who were already allowed to work part/full time (SP or OWP).

Reactions: KMZZ7701

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
My French is okay, like I don't speak it really well, but I can get by during a conversation with someone. And yes, I'd be really surprised if they didn't find anyone teen to work this minimum wage job... Eitherway, I'm not in a rush, I'll just wait and see.
Bear in mind that the further you go up into that area of Quebec, the more French speaking it gets. Where some areas are 100% French speaking, and no one, or a very small percentage of the population speaks English. No is going to go the extra mile for you and attempt to speak English with you, if you cannot understand their French. It would be akin to going to a TIm Hortons in Toronto and the cashiers are expected to be fluent in English

Reactions: Naturgrl