+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Three months have passed after landing, but PR card for child hasn't arrived yet

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
Dear friends. It's been exactly 3 months since me, spouse and my 3,5 years old kid have landed in Toronto, got our PR cards in 1 and half month, but still waiting for the kid's PR card. Is it normal? Anyone with the same experience? Or I should take an action already? Pealse advise.

arc_1090

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
I guess you can try calling the CIC call center to get the status. They can provide you with the best information :)

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
Had a similar experience - my child's card took 4 months. Turned out they required new photos for the little guy, which I sent and the card was delivered 2 weeks later.

Contact CIC, inform the agent all cards, eexcept that one, have been revived.

All the best

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
next2015 said:
Had a similar experience - my child's card took 4 months. Turned out they required new photos for the little guy, which I sent and the card was delivered 2 weeks later.

Contact CIC, inform the agent all cards, eexcept that one, have been revived.

All the best
Thanks, did you contact CIC so that they requested for other photos, or you simply waited until you got the request? Where did it come - to your email or MyCIC?

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
valsanail said:
Thanks, did you contact CIC so that they requested for other photos, or you simply waited until you got the request? Where did it come - to your email or MyCIC?
I contacted them on a weekly basis for updates, then finally received notification via email. I've read a few posts on this forum where members were informed by an agent when they called to check in. So, it's critical you call in.

The notification is delivered to the personal email you porivided on your immigration application and/or post mail.

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
next2015 said:
I contacted them on a weekly basis for updates, then finally received notification via email. I've read a few posts on this forum where members were informed by an agent when they called to check in. So, it's critical you call in.

The notification is delivered to the personal email you porivided on your immigration application and/or post mail.
Thanks mate, I called, they told they had sent a request to submit another photos of child back in November, but I didn't get the letter.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
valsanail said:
Thanks mate, I called, they told they had sent a request to submit another photos of child back in November, but I didn't get the letter.
Glad to be of help. Did you get email notification in the absence of the letter?

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
Guys,

Hi, its been almost 2 weeks since I submitted the new photos for my kid to the address they provided in the instruction e-mail, but haven't got the PR card yet. I told a frind of mine who's been for 5-6 years in Canada, he says I'd rather double check whether its ok that I submitted the pics by mail and claims that couple of years ago he had to take his kid and the pics personally. Did I take the correct action so far? Moreover, before submitting the new pics I raised CSE to change my address for the kids PRcard (it used to be another friend's address before), but still haven't got any response for my CSE. Is it normal?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
valsanail said:
Guys,

Hi, its been almost 2 weeks since I submitted the new photos for my kid to the address they provided in the instruction e-mail, but haven't got the PR card yet. I told a frind of mine who's been for 5-6 years in Canada, he says I'd rather double check whether its ok that I submitted the pics by mail and claims that couple of years ago he had to take his kid and the pics personally. Did I take the correct action so far? Moreover, before submitting the new pics I raised CSE to change my address for the kids PRcard (it used to be another friend's address before), but still haven't got any response for my CSE. Is it normal?
it is not required to take pictures in person, that i am aware of. most people report having to send them by mail. it's only been 2 weeks. it will take longer than that to get the PR card to you. it isn't out of the norm to wait up to 6 months for a PR card.

it is normal to not get a response from a CSE. a response is not guaranteed.

if you don't hear anything after 4 weeks have passed, then call them again. if nothing has happened after 6 weeks, then you might be able to submit a "solemn declaration" form and start a formal inquiry of its whereabouts. since they have been in communication with you and you were required to submit new pictures, it is doubtful the solemn declaration form will be helpful until after 6 weeks have passed since you sent in the pictures. IRCC requires a certain amount of time to pass before considering something "lost".

yankabatkay

Jan 16, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-02-2016
Hello everyone.

We've made a short landing in the beginning of February 2017 providing my friend's address. A couple of days before she received 3 envelopes with PR card, but we are 4. My elder daughter PR card is missing. Is that a normal workflow to send the family's cards separately or I need to do something?
May I call CIC from abroad or they'll send me to procure a PRTD for my daughter?

Thank you for your suggestions.