File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
I was going on a trip to Europe with a friend and had 2 nights in London alone while my friend stayed with her sister. I went on a London dating site to find a guy to hang out with and show me the town. (yes, I went online to find a holiday fling!) We emailed back and forth starting July 1, by August it was phone calls, by end of August it daily phone calls with 7 hour calls on the weekends. By the time we met in October we had already fallen for each other!

I went back to London 6 more times to visit him and then we were married in his home country of Nigeria this April. Immigration was kind to us and his PR was granted very quickly, he moved to Canada 8 weeks ago. We have never been so happy!

Misplaced Brit

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/10/2010
Black-Berry said:
Ok yours is very similar to mine. I met my dh on yahoo chat as well!... his messages just kept popping up.. I kept closing hi chat box. then i finally gave in because the following dy i saw so many messages . he wanted to talk about his unhappy marriage to someone. SO i was there for him listened. we were just chat buddies (not even friends !) for 1 whole year. the thing is we could chat ALLL DAY!. we just clicked!. I too didnt expect to be married to him at the time!. we were in different continents!than i missed a day of chat to go celebrate my birthday and when i came back, i found a nice long sweet emil how he missed us chatting and how he wants to send me a birthday gift with pictures of him so i have an idea how he looked like!. we never exchanged even 1 picture for a year!. so i sent him my adress and he asked my phone number and we were officially good friends. than we felt like it was too much of a coincidenc that we clicked so well and i was developibng feelings for him and he too. he didnt wanna stay married nymore. he wanted to be with me!. so he called everyday and we spoke for hours and hours for 3 years!. we couldnt take it anymore. he decided i should visit him to see if we click in person and well here i am :).
And that story isnt supposed to be real love and thats supposed to be strange that we fell in love that wayÉÉ to the IO officers that is!..
You guys have been together for a long time right? Did you say 8 years?? I think it's insane that a couple can be together for SO long and still have the IO's look on it with suspicion because of the way they met!

When I went to the US Border last week, I expected a whole lot of questions about how we met and everything, but they never asked a single question! We've also been asked on a couple of previous occasions how we met, and when we told them, they never batted an eyelid. I can only hope it will be the same when they get to processing my application!

Misplaced Brit

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/10/2010
bobshynoswife said:
I was going on a trip to Europe with a friend and had 2 nights in London alone while my friend stayed with her sister. I went on a London dating site to find a guy to hang out with and show me the town. (yes, I went online to find a holiday fling!) We emailed back and forth starting July 1, by August it was phone calls, by end of August it daily phone calls with 7 hour calls on the weekends. By the time we met in October we had already fallen for each other!

I went back to London 6 more times to visit him and then we were married in his home country of Nigeria this April. Immigration was kind to us and his PR was granted very quickly, he moved to Canada 8 weeks ago. We have never been so happy!
That is AWESOME! I'm so happy for you :D

Misplaced Brit

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/10/2010
eyeoftheocean said:
Its true though isnt it , do they really think they can save your hang over on a sunday morning ??? I dont think sooooo lol their the last people you want to talk to 8)
I agree lol. One time, they knocked on my mom's door while I was visiting my sister there. She told them there was nobody at home just as I turned the corner in the hall to see who'd knocked lol lol!! My sister doesn't blush easily, so it was highly amusing to see the red face LOL!

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Misplaced Brit said:
I agree lol. One time, they knocked on my mom's door while I was visiting my sister there. She told them there was nobody at home just as I turned the corner in the hall to see who'd knocked lol lol!! My sister doesn't blush easily, so it was highly amusing to see the red face LOL!

HAHAHAHAHAHA busted ! how many times have we all been busted ..millions lol .

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Misplaced Brit said:
You guys have been together for a long time right? Did you say 8 years?? I think it's insane that a couple can be together for SO long and still have the IO's look on it with suspicion because of the way they met!

When I went to the US Border last week, I expected a whole lot of questions about how we met and everything, but they never asked a single question! We've also been asked on a couple of previous occasions how we met, and when we told them, they never batted an eyelid. I can only hope it will be the same when they get to processing my application!
i know hey... that is really bizzare they way they are questioning the genuineness of my relationship. 8 years is a long time to be fake!....
as i said before they are really wasting my time in interviewing while the real culprits are there under their noses!..

Getson

Nov 2, 2010
We met in person in Nashville at a photography convention in January of this year. We knew of each other prior to that because of the photography forum that was holding the convention. I was still in a rocky relationship at the time so she stayed as one of the friends I met in Nashville. A few months after the convention, I ended the relationship. After a while, she came for a visit since she had never been to Canada. We continued to get along and she liked it here. Three months later, in July, us, along with a dozen or so friends and family from NS, Minnesota and California met in Vegas and we tied the knot. It really couldn't have been more perfect.

She writes a much better, far more romantic, three-part version of that on her blog, but that's the general summary. :)

Now, if all goes smooth in her move here, we'll be all set.

spacey

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
Doc's Request.
19-01-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Passport Req..
27-01-2011
LANDED..........
24-02-2011
We met playing an online game and added each other to msn because it was easier than the gaming chat function. We then sat idle in each others lists for about 6 months before he started randomly chatting one night. We were both in and out of other relationships but gradually it got to the point we were chatting upwards of 5 hours a day. 5 years later we finally exchanged phone numbers, and emails and chating turned into 5 hour phone calls. My family finally pressured me into actually meeting him in person. We spent two days together in Amsterdam- neutral turf, he then flew to Canada to spend the summer with me, and i moved two months later to the Uk were i lived with him for 3 years. We were married July of this year. We can't wait to start our lives together in Canada!

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
We met in a mIRC chatroom. He'd talked to my cousin a few times, and I was at her house to babysit her daughter at 4am, and using her login name because she was waiting for someone to come online and I was to wake her - not who would become my dh.

He saw me posting my information with her name and was curious - because well, he didn't have much interest in talking to her that night, but the age change (she's 6 years older than me).

We talked all night, till at least 3am. And I stayed at my cousins house all week talking to him. That was June.
That weekend my uncle bought me my own computer. And a few days later I was talking to him from my own home.

He visited me in August, only planning to stay a few days, but extended his flight, then just flat out ended up not using his return f light and we took the Greyhound together back to Canada, where I Stayed for just over a month with him. At the end of September I went home. My grandfather passed away days after I got back, and we wanted nothing more than to be together.

2 weeks later, he took the train to marry me, and I returned to Canada with him while he finished school (December) at which point we moved to WI - and have been here since. We've been married 13 years last month.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I met my partner in Toronto(he was there with friends/I was studying) we spent less than 24 hour together(he had to go back home in N.S on the following day) it's enough to fall in love..,. When he left I thought I would never see him again. We exchanged emails, Facebook ... We chatted for a month over Internet, seeing each other through web-cam and all that. I was about to leave to go back to my country, when we decided I should go visit him, for two weeks... I never left him ever since.
We felt such a strong connection that for like a month we didn't talk about Immigration or that I had to leave him. But we got to a point where we had to make the decision of be together or have me to leave him and keep a relationship from a distance. We decided we should be together.. with the support of our family and friends we got married.
It was beautiful, with 35 people in the ceremony and a little more for the reception. We got married at the Halifax Citadel Fortress, we rented three rooms, one for the ceremony(and dance :) ), one for dinner, and another one for drinks and preparation stuff. We had a female Priest to do our ceremony.
We haven't been together for 10 years, but it feels like it, I know so much about him, that it looks like we were brought up together. I just can't see myself living without him!
And in case our application is refused for any reason, we won't give up, we will apply from the outside, if it's also denied, we are going to live in my country, I don't know how but we will. haha

ALL WE NEED IS LOVE!

Dayanara

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
Brampton, ON
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2010
AOR Received.
07-09-2010
File Transfer...
16-08-2010
Med's Done....
20-05-2010
Passport Req..
30-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
07-10-2010
My hubby and I met in the online video game World of Warcraft. We actually played on different sides and knew of each other, but started talking on an mIRC chat room devoted to players of the server we were on.

He became friends with a good friend of mine who I would go visit at least once to twice a year in Kansas and he asked if he could come too one trip. We hit it off instantly. We would spend hours and hours on the phone/chat room/web cam. I then started making frequent trips to visit him in WI and vice versa.

He then moved to Buffalo to be as close as possible to me to try and see if there was more to the relationship. And well a year and a half later we were married, hehe.

anik1981

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Late May
AOR Received.
06-Aug-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-Feb-11
VISA ISSUED...
03-Mar-11
LANDED..........
04-Mar-11
We "met" in late 2007 playing Final Fantasy XI online. We would chat in the game for hours instead of playing. We decided he would visit in May 2008, so I had enough time to see if he was psycho...and he wasn't lol!!!! We hit it off right away, spent HOURS talking on MSN, on the phone, texting, and visited each other many times! I actually drove to Ohio alone from Ottawa to see him, and we drove to Mississippi from there because he wanted me to meet his Mom, Dad, and sister. We decided to get married 01-Jul-09 while watching the Canada Day fireworks on Parliament Hill from my balcony, and were married 27-Feb-10 in Ottawa!!!! Who knew a Black Mage Tarutaru, and a Hume Puppetmaster could live happily ever after?...I'm such a geek LOL :-* <3 <3 <3

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
We met at a dance one night. I was there on a "girls night/man hating night" (just broke up with my boyfriend)
Guys were hitting on me and i was getting ticked off that i couldn be left alone to dance with my girlfriends without some cheezy guy giving me lame pick up lines! My husband approached me and i told him to take a hike. He came back later and said i had a very pretty smile, and if i wasn't looking for a man..maybe he could be my friend. We exchanged numbers and began calling eachother. He actually called me that night to make sure i made it home safe! We talked for a couple weeks before we had our first date...he was a complete gentlman. It was perfect, over time he became my best friend. We dated approx 6 months... he went back to his country for the winter and spring months...he came back to Canada, our love was stronger than ever. Being apart made us appreciate and understand eachother more. After many more months of preparation we married the end of 2009. To this day he is my very best friend in the whole world.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Janadian said:
We met at a dance one night. I was there on a "girls night/man hating night" (just broke up with my boyfriend)
Guys were hitting on me and i was getting ticked off that i couldn be left alone to dance with my girlfriends without some cheezy guy giving me lame pick up lines! My husband approached me and i told him to take a hike. He came back later and said i had a very pretty smile, and if i wasn't looking for a man..maybe he could be my friend. We exchanged numbers and began calling eachother. He actually called me that night to make sure i made it home safe! We talked for a couple weeks before we had our first date...he was a complete gentlman. It was perfect, over time he became my best friend. We dated approx 6 months... he went back to his country for the winter and spring months...he came back to Canada, our love was stronger than ever. Being apart made us appreciate and understand eachother more. After many more months of preparation we married the end of 2009. To this day he is my very best friend in the whole world.
Awww janadian Thats such a sweet story!!. being apart in the beginning made us so strong too and we dont ever want to be separated!. we vowed it will never happen again!..
who is jamaican between you two?

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
I met my fella on a training course at work. We got on well and became friends and when he moved into an apartment with his buddies I went to help decorate (good thing really - 5 guys, 2 paintbrushes?!?!?). We started hanging out more and got together a couple of months later. He proposed at Maligne Lake (my favourite holiday spot as a kid) and we had our beautiful twin boys a year later !
The wedding is on hold until we get to Canada as we want to do it somewhere in Jasper - got engaged their, celebrated the boy's 1st birthdays there so thought getting married there too would top it off as an extra special place for us.
Hope everyone's applications are processed super-fast by the cic-elves - Christmas is coming and I'm sure we've all been good so it only seems fair that we get rewarded !!!!! ;D