November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
Rob.Barrett said:
Hurray! :) think your over the Hump ... what pics did they send back??
Hi Rob! They sent back all the cards, invitations and personal pictures we sent to them with our application. It is weird, apparently they are not supposed to request a military clearance anymore but have asked a few people so hopefully, if there was anything else, they would have asked for it with that. I am just happy to have finally heard anything from them either way.. trying not to get my hopes up cause you never know what will happen. (secretly bouncing off the walls)

Did you hear anything? I emailed them on Tuesday and didn't hear anything back.. maybe you need to email them to light a fire under someone's butt ?!?!

Jez

Jul 26, 2010
Gatineau, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/9/2010
AOR Received.
2/12/2010
File Transfer...
20/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/7/2010
Passport Req..
8/2/2011
VISA ISSUED...
5/3/2011
LANDED..........
24/3/2011
The other day, we received a request for a copy of my Quebec Selection Certificate from the Sydney (Australia) CIC office. Funny thing though... We received it over a month ago and the documentation included said that Sydney would be sent a copy as well!

We emailed a copy immediately and had a response from them within a few hours saying thanks, so it looks like someone in the Sydney office may've lost the original ::)

It was so disappointing to open that brown envelope only to see the request for more info, especially since we haven't had any communication in a while. Anyway, their email response said we'd be contacted again shortly so we're hoping this means we're on the home stretch!

dlmt

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
What's happening in this thread. I haven't heard anything since ecas said in process November 15th and medical received. More information was requested and they received it back December 6th. Is September hearing anything these days? My husband's non accompanying children did not have medicals done, ex wouldn't allow it. We sent immigration a statutory declaration notorized by a lawyer along with a letter saying that we understand that we can never sponsor the children under the family act. WHAT'S THE HOLD UP??? Hating every minute of this!

Rob.Barrett

Star Member
Nov 12, 2009
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2010
AOR Received.
05/11/2010
File Transfer...
22/10/2010
Med's Done....
06/08/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09/02/2011
VISA ISSUED...
04/03/2011
LANDED..........
31/03.2011
patiently_waiting said:
Hi Rob! They sent back all the cards, invitations and personal pictures we sent to them with our application. It is weird, apparently they are not supposed to request a military clearance anymore but have asked a few people so hopefully, if there was anything else, they would have asked for it with that. I am just happy to have finally heard anything from them either way.. trying not to get my hopes up cause you never know what will happen. (secretly bouncing off the walls)

Did you hear anything? I emailed them on Tuesday and didn't hear anything back.. maybe you need to email them to light a fire under someone's butt ?!?!
We photocopied everything and printed them all off - didn't like the idea of potentially losing the originals.

I'm a bit scared to, as I've heard that if you chase them up, they get a bit annoyed. email me what you said to them tho as i will consider it if i haven't heard anything by Tuesday!

warrenthegreat

Sep 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
Done! my wife flag poled yesterday and is now legally resident in Canada. Happy days. Good luck to all.

Dadu

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2010
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
15-10-2010
Med's Request
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
08-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2011
LANDED..........
06-06-2011
dlmt said:
Come on September - let's get a move on........ ;D
Well, my representative sent the VO an e-mail asking about our file, and we had a reply on january 4th saying that the file is in process (we don`t know the date the `IN PROCESS` status began, since E-cas was not updated)..
They sent us the file number, and that way we could send the last documents, that were still missing. They should be arriving to the Visa Office around this week.

and now it`s waiting, waiting, waiting... there`s nothing we can do right now, except for PRAYING and hoping they will not ask for more documentation or request interview...

L

limanoid

So it's been 4 months since I sent my application, 3 months since it's been received. And it's a 12 month process at the embassy. So 9 months left -- a quarter of a way there! Woohoo! :p

It's moments like this when I look at the numbers that I wish my husband was American or British... Haha

But good luck to all those waiting it out with me and congrats to all those who are in Canada.

mmhughes

Star Member
Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2010
File Transfer...
17-11-2010
Med's Done....
23-08-2010
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
dlmt said:
Come on September - let's get a move on........ ;D
Still haven't heard anything. My sister is just starting her application to sponsor her common-law partner (UK) and her consultant stated that it will take 5 months. Also, I think the Christmas holidays delayed everything by a week or so. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for February now...patiently waiting...

dlmt

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Seems like there's more activity in the October thread than September - think we picked the wrong month!!! What's the hold UP!!! :'(
We are feeling like we are in limbo here just waiting, waiting and more waiting! It's unbelievable how much power immigration has over your lives!

Anyone have any experience with statutory declarations for non accompanying children? No medicals done - ex wife wouldn't allow it?

mmhughes

Star Member
Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2010
File Transfer...
17-11-2010
Med's Done....
23-08-2010
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
linalizzie said:
I find that the queue is out of sorts. There are some people who submit their applications and they've landed 4 months later ... then there are others (like me) who submitted their applications and are still waiting longer. ???
I am also wondering if the times it takes depends on how long it takes to get the clearance checks. For example, my husband who's from the UK lived in and travelled to so many places. Including the US for three months. But then on the other hand he had to give them information dating all the way back when he was only 18! And he is not a spring chicken;-) Well, he's 36 and in really good health.

Therefore, I wonder if it is faster processing applications in which the applicant lived in one place his/her entire adult life?

dlmt

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
My husband lived in the US all his life so I don't think the background check should take that long.......

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
3 months just for the FBI background check.

Rob.Barrett

Star Member
Nov 12, 2009
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2010
AOR Received.
05/11/2010
File Transfer...
22/10/2010
Med's Done....
06/08/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09/02/2011
VISA ISSUED...
04/03/2011
LANDED..........
31/03.2011
has to be this week, seems everyone else is starting to move again ...

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
mikeyvr said:
3 months just for the FBI background check.
The FBI check has nothing to do with the background check that CSIS does while your application process is underway. A lot of the length of time is in regards to how long the country(s) in which the back ground check is requested takes to respond to CSIS.