waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
Hey everyone....

I don't want to get everyone concerned but I would like to let you all know some information that came to my attention on an email from my MP AFTER we got the PPR yesterday....

My MP agreed to look into the status of our application for us as I had stated that people around us were getting their PPRs. He sent the inquiry to Buffalo and then to LA for us once we found out that it was there. In the response from LA they stated that they had sent an email to my husbands email address on June 30th. We were keeping an eye out for an email from Buffalo not from another visa office.

This would explain why his mailing address and email address were not updated when we sent the request to update the information.

Buffalo had been responding to our emails, once in June and then again in July when we requested a file number and then updating the information for hubs. Not until I sent an email on Aug 9th about the mailing address not having been updated did I hear back from Buffalo on Aug 11th that it was transferred to LA.

So now they are giving us 60 days from yesterday instead of June 30th in order to submit the passport thank god....because we were left with less than 10 business days from the original...

The thing that makes me the most upset about this whole situation is my husband could have driven to LA the first week in July and landed instead of coming up as a visitor when we did the trip in July....grrrrrrrrr.....

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Cindy1. We have sent emails but each time there is either no reply or the generic "we will contact you if any action is needed". I asked my husband to send another email last night, so maybe they will reply with more information this time. I wish they had a call centre like the Mississauga office...

Congrats Stumpedmom!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh as if the Call Centre is any use ::)

Anyway, stupid question: why do we need to provide immigration photos upon getting PPR when we already sent 4 immigration-sized photos along with our application?

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
ddobro2 said:

Anyway, stupid question: why do we need to provide immigration photos upon getting PPR when we already sent 4 immigration-sized photos along with our application?
Well the 2 photos requested with PPR are specifically for your PR card (so make sure they are good because you'll be carrying that picture around with you). As to what they do with all the others... no clue.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i see....thanks! ;D
Kess said:
Well the 2 photos requested with PPR are specifically for your PR card (so make sure they are good because you'll be carrying that picture around with you). As to what they do with all the others... no clue.

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
:) Maybe it is not that useful, but...My husband forgot a signature on one of the forms when we originally sent the application to Mississauga. When all the applicants from our month got their sponsor approval and we did not, I could at least call Mississauga to confirm they received our application and that it was sent back due to missing information. It gave us some peace of mind (though not for long, since they messed up our address resulting in our entire application package wondering within Canada Post for almost 2 months), but I would love to be able to obtain at least some kind of information on the status of our application. We have been at "Application received" since January 26th with no further updates :(

chinook65

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Colorado
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2011
Nomination.....
18-04-2011
AOR Received.
28-04-2011
File Transfer...
18-04-2011
Med's Done....
09-29-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2011
LANDED..........
01-09-2011
ddobro2 said:

Funny you mention this. When I got my PPR, I rushed to the one place in Denver that did this. I sent in my photos and my family members' photos which were also requested) All photos except one were sent back to us with our Passports. It's only about $80 for the photos, but it seems like a redundancy to me that isn't necessary. Oh well, I can live with it if that's the worst of it...

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well when I wrote that it wasn't useful, I had been calling and then selecting option 2 (which was to check on an application already in progress), but most of them I was actually calling through Google, which doesn't give you any phone recording at all and just rings and rings until it hangs up on you. I guess I should have realized that might not be the way to go. But I also should have realized that I'd never get to talk to someone if I kept selecting option 2.

So I went through the "automated information" options and then just stayed on the line until it gave me the option of pressing 0 to talk to an agent if I still needed information. Of course, you still have to wait, but I'm not complaining. Then there's all the disclaimers they have recorded you have sit through. My only reason for calling is because it is apparently impossible for me to confirm with Buffalo whether they got my RPRF fee, my CSQ, and my medical records.

Unfortch, the guy who talked to me couldn't give me that info either. What was odd, though, was the fact that he said he needs to talk to my husband (sponsor) to give me any information. I guess it makes no difference that I am the one that paid all the fees and filled out all the forms and have been managing this process. I pointed out that it's odd that a sponsor needs the applicant's permission to order the applicant's CAIPS notes but they need my sponsor to call them to give out any info about what fees were received. I paid the RPRF in late July and sent the receipt maybe a week later, so maybe they don't have any acknowledgement yet.
kayan said:
:) Maybe it is not that useful, but...My husband forgot a signature on one of the forms when we originally sent the application to Mississauga. When all the applicants from our month got their sponsor approval and we did not, I could at least call Mississauga to confirm they received our application and that it was sent back due to missing information. It gave us some peace of mind (though not for long, since they messed up our address resulting in our entire application package wondering within Canada Post for almost 2 months), but I would love to be able to obtain at least some kind of information on the status of our application. We have been at "Application received" since January 26th with no further updates :(

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds this odd. ;D Is it really the worst of it, though? :p
chinook65 said:
Funny you mention this. When I got my PPR, I rushed to the one place in Denver that did this. I sent in my photos and my family members' photos which were also requested) All photos except one were sent back to us with our Passports. It's only about $80 for the photos, but it seems like a redundancy to me that isn't necessary. Oh well, I can live with it if that's the worst of it...

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2, in my dealings with Mississauga I found that some agents are more helpful than others and will do a little bit extra to help you out. It might be worth giving them a call again.

sshelton

May 30, 2011
OK, I think I'm going to ask for a status update for my file. Would someone who has had luck getting a response mind posting their form letter, and the email address of where to send it?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks, kayan. i'll have to call back anyway to check on that RPRF. i feel like i just can't leave the ball in their court all the time because who knows what's really going on there, you know? and sorry to hear about things not moving along for you. i hope you get some news real soon :)
kayan said:
ddobro2, in my dealings with Mississauga I found that some agents are more helpful than others and will do a little bit extra to help you out. It might be worth giving them a call again.

FloridaNative

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-10
AOR Received.
01-13-11
Hi Everyone,
Can anyone explain to me how to order CAIPS notes? We are going on 9 months, and we still have not no feedback from Buffalo. My medicals expire in November.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it's here: http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes
FloridaNative said:
Hi Everyone,
Can anyone explain to me how to order CAIPS notes? We are going on 9 months, and we still have not no feedback from Buffalo. My medicals expire in November.

cantor2537

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-2011, 15-12-2011 (transferred to LA)
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
LANDED..........
08-03-2012
I'm going to mail off our application later tomorrow. Couple questions:

1) What happens after? Do we get a call/email from them?

2) My wife did her medical in June of this year. If processing time is 11 + 2 months, does that mean she will need to re-do the medical?

3) We just got our FBI/Chinese police checks. They will expire in 3 months. Does this mean that we will need to keep re-ordering these checks?