N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-23-11
LANDED..........
06-01-12
Hello!

@Sparkle, I was wondering if you might add us to the outland spreadsheet. We sent our application on July 19th and it was received in Mississauga on July 21st. Thanks!! 8)

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I sent another Case specific inquiry, specifically asking about my medical results because most of the people here who have "In Process" on their e-cas, have either "Medical Results Received" on their e-cas or received some sort of Initial assessment letter. I have been e-mailing them since Jan, and they always said that we do not require anything from you at the moment.
So they replied asking whether my husband took the medical exam and if he did, when ?
So I provided the exact details of when he took it, and when the clinic sent it to Ottawa (BTW, When I called the clinic to ask about the date when they sent it, the guy laughed and said, Did Buffalo lose your results too?? They seem to be losing every other person's results nowadays!)
So anyway, I emailed them all these details, and they just replied - "Thank you. We have already sent off a message to our immigration medical services about this case and hope to have an answer soon."

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Anything I can do at my end ??? This clearly means someone lost them somehow!

buffalo-toronto

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Sparkle, try calling at this number 6139412170

This is Ottawa medical office number I found on other forum. If you get lucky you might get thru and talk to the respective person.

buffalo-toronto

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Just got an usual run of the mill answer for the status update query....."your file is in process, cant tell when the process will be finished" bla bla bla

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
sparkle said:
So I sent another Case specific inquiry, specifically asking about my medical results because most of the people here who have "In Process" on their e-cas, have either "Medical Results Received" on their e-cas or received some sort of Initial assessment letter. I have been e-mailing them since Jan, and they always said that we do not require anything from you at the moment.
So they replied asking whether my husband took the medical exam and if he did, when ?
So I provided the exact details of when he took it, and when the clinic sent it to Ottawa (BTW, When I called the clinic to ask about the date when they sent it, the guy laughed and said, Did Buffalo lose your results too?? They seem to be losing every other person's results nowadays!)
So anyway, I emailed them all these details, and they just replied - "Thank you. We have already sent off a message to our immigration medical services about this case and hope to have an answer soon."

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Anything I can do at my end ??? This clearly means someone lost them somehow!
Stay positive sparkle, it's a matter of time for you...fingers and toes crossed for good news soon!!

eletyl

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2010
AOR Received.
11-04-2011
Med's Done....
20-12-2010
Passport Req..
23-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
Thought I might update you all on my landing process. :)

I drove from Montreal to Buffalo on Monday. The biggest incident that I ran into was, oddly, getting through US customs on my drive there! I'm a US citizen, and I've crossed the border by plane and car dozens of times. By car, I've always had rentals, with no problems whatsoever. Usually the officers ask my purpose, glance briefly at my luggage, and wave me through.

Logically, I'm always more fearful of Canadian customs. Last time I drove into Canada (just last week), my work permit had expired, I was still waiting for PR, and I had filed for a visitor extension but hadn't heard back, so was technically on "implied" visitor status. As you might expect, I was nervous about getting back in. But after I explained the situation, and showed the receipt for my PR and visitor applications, it was no problem.

Another thing I had been nervous about the prior week was getting into the US with my Canadian husband. He hadn't been to the US with me since before we were married. I was afraid they'd think he had intent to overstay, etc. But, no problem that time. Just this time, when I was alone, and had hardly any luggage (just a bag with one change of clothes). Just goes to show you that you can't always guess when you are likely to be flagged..

After being ordered inside, and following a bunch of grilling about what I brought, where I was going, why, what my status in Canada was (seriously, what do they care?! if I had stayed illegally in Canada would they have denied me entrance back to the US?!), calling my car rental company to verify the rental, and so on, I continued on my way to Buffalo.

I got to the consulate at 7:15am, and waited in the Tim Horton's area downstairs (which normally might have confused me, but thanks to this forum I was expecting it!). I was about 3rd or 4th in line once we were let in at 7:30. After I entered, over the course of the next 2 hours, about 150 more people came in. I noticed a lot of people WAY after me being called in first (e.g. #120), but it didn't bother me; I think that meant they were missing documents or needed to submit payments for other types of visas. At 10am I was finally called up. Everything was in order, the visa was attached to my passport, and I was on my way.

I drove back to Montreal immediately afterward, "landing" at the Ontario border - which took about 40 minutes. The officers were nice and approachable, but otherwise it was fairly anticlimactic.

This morning, I went and got my SIN # (only took about 15 minutes), and my RAMQ provincial health coverage. I got in immediately at RAMQ at opening. Actually, their website said they were supposed to open at 10am, but I got there at 9:20am and they were already taking clients! Apparently no one but me knew to come in so early, so I got in without any wait whatsoever. But I hadn't realized that they needed my original CSQ and lease, so I had to go home and get those 2 documents. By the time I returned, there were more people there, but I was still done in just 30 more minutes.

RAMQ gave me a great surprise! I had been anticipating the 3-month waiting period that I had read about before I would receive provincial coverage; however, they informed me that in my case it would be waived, because my previous work permit/RAMQ coverage had expired less than 45 days ago! (To be exact, it had expired 33 days ago.) So, apparently I get healthcare immediately. Actually, it is in effect as of the day I landed, yesterday. Can't believe it!

Today, I feel happy with Canada. :)

I had several 1st interviews just before I left.. next week, I will have the 2nd interviews for both potential jobs leads. They are not the most prestigious of jobs, and they are both temp/contract work, but I have hope that either might be a good foot in the door, and could eventually lead to a more permanent, higher status position.

Thank you all for your support during the past 7+ months!!

pdb1

Star Member
May 15, 2011
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2011
AOR Received.
26-July-2011
File Transfer...
07-June-2011
Med's Done....
20-Apr-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
4-Oct-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-Oct-2011
LANDED..........
29-Oct-2011
Can someone please tell me what I need to do if I am moving to canada to join my visa before getting my PR?

My wife has been in Canada since March....she is canadian. I am a British working in the US on a visa. I have decided to move back to canada in September and I am OK not to be working until I get my PR. Is there any issue with this? Can I move all our belonging to canada? Can someone please help with what needs to completed to move my goods including a car?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pdb1 said:
Can someone please tell me what I need to do if I am moving to canada to join my visa before getting my PR?

My wife has been in Canada since March....she is canadian. I am a British working in the US on a visa. I have decided to move back to canada in September and I am OK not to be working until I get my PR. Is there any issue with this? Can I move all our belonging to canada? Can someone please help with what needs to completed to move my goods including a car?
You can't "move", you can visit.
You can't work as a visitor.
You cannot bring all your stuff with you, not without a high risk of refusal of entry at the border.
The "stuff" has to wait until after you are a permanent resident.

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
I just wanted to post a quick update, to let everyone know that I landed safely at Fortune, NL yesterday (August 2). I'm still worn out from the trip and seem to suddenly have a ton of things to do, so I'll probably have to wait to post a more detailed landing experience post until later.

Good luck to those still waiting :).

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great account of the process. Thanks for sharing! Oh, and I'll keep that Tim Horton's waiting area in mind ;) Congrats.
eletyl said:
Thought I might update you all on my landing process. :)

I drove from Montreal to Buffalo on Monday. The biggest incident that I ran into was, oddly, getting through US customs on my drive there! I'm a US citizen, and I've crossed the border by plane and car dozens of times. By car, I've always had rentals, with no problems whatsoever. Usually the officers ask my purpose, glance briefly at my luggage, and wave me through.

Logically, I'm always more fearful of Canadian customs. Last time I drove into Canada (just last week), my work permit had expired, I was still waiting for PR, and I had filed for a visitor extension but hadn't heard back, so was technically on "implied" visitor status. As you might expect, I was nervous about getting back in. But after I explained the situation, and showed the receipt for my PR and visitor applications, it was no problem.

Another thing I had been nervous about the prior week was getting into the US with my Canadian husband. He hadn't been to the US with me since before we were married. I was afraid they'd think he had intent to overstay, etc. But, no problem that time. Just this time, when I was alone, and had hardly any luggage (just a bag with one change of clothes). Just goes to show you that you can't always guess when you are likely to be flagged..

After being ordered inside, and following a bunch of grilling about what I brought, where I was going, why, what my status in Canada was (seriously, what do they care?! if I had stayed illegally in Canada would they have denied me entrance back to the US?!), calling my car rental company to verify the rental, and so on, I continued on my way to Buffalo.

I got to the consulate at 7:15am, and waited in the Tim Horton's area downstairs (which normally might have confused me, but thanks to this forum I was expecting it!). I was about 3rd or 4th in line once we were let in at 7:30. After I entered, over the course of the next 2 hours, about 150 more people came in. I noticed a lot of people WAY after me being called in first (e.g. #120), but it didn't bother me; I think that meant they were missing documents or needed to submit payments for other types of visas. At 10am I was finally called up. Everything was in order, the visa was attached to my passport, and I was on my way.

I drove back to Montreal immediately afterward, "landing" at the Ontario border - which took about 40 minutes. The officers were nice and approachable, but otherwise it was fairly anticlimactic.

This morning, I went and got my SIN # (only took about 15 minutes), and my RAMQ provincial health coverage. I got in immediately at RAMQ at opening. Actually, their website said they were supposed to open at 10am, but I got there at 9:20am and they were already taking clients! Apparently no one but me knew to come in so early, so I got in without any wait whatsoever. But I hadn't realized that they needed my original CSQ and lease, so I had to go home and get those 2 documents. By the time I returned, there were more people there, but I was still done in just 30 more minutes.

RAMQ gave me a great surprise! I had been anticipating the 3-month waiting period that I had read about before I would receive provincial coverage; however, they informed me that in my case it would be waived, because my previous work permit/RAMQ coverage had expired less than 45 days ago! (To be exact, it had expired 33 days ago.) So, apparently I get healthcare immediately. Actually, it is in effect as of the day I landed, yesterday. Can't believe it!

Today, I feel happy with Canada. :)

I had several 1st interviews just before I left.. next week, I will have the 2nd interviews for both potential jobs leads. They not the most prestigious of jobs, and they are both temp/contract work, but I have hope that either might be a good foot in the door, and could eventually lead to a more permanent, higher status position.

Thank you all for your support during the past 7+ months!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats, Rinnerz. Have a good rest!
Rinnerz said:
I just wanted to post a quick update, to let everyone know that I landed safely at Fortune, NL yesterday (August 2). I'm still worn out from the trip and seem to suddenly have a ton of things to do, so I'll probably have to wait to post a more detailed landing experience post until later.

mrswolfe

Star Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-22-2011
Nomination.....
04-20-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-2011
Passport Req..
08-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-19-2011
LANDED..........
09-25-2011
Rinnerz said:

Congrats!!!!

eletyl

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2010
AOR Received.
11-04-2011
Med's Done....
20-12-2010
Passport Req..
23-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
Thanks! And, another hint: for a better spot in line, try to sit or stand as close to the door to the escalators (NOT the elevators) as possible. :)

ddobro2 said:
Great account of the process. Thanks for sharing! Oh, and I'll keep that Tim Horton's waiting area in mind ;) Congrats.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey y'all, did our visa office's "official" processing time change at all (hopefully decrease) from the posted 11 months? I'm at the 3-month-since received-mark and I'm wondering how much longer I'm *likely* to wait....

pdb1

Star Member
May 15, 2011
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2011
AOR Received.
26-July-2011
File Transfer...
07-June-2011
Med's Done....
20-Apr-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
4-Oct-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-Oct-2011
LANDED..........
29-Oct-2011
Baloo said:
You can't "move", you can visit.
You can't work as a visitor.
You cannot bring all your stuff with you, not without a high risk of refusal of entry at the border.
The "stuff" has to wait until after you are a permanent resident.
But my wife has returned to canada with our daughter, surely we can move the belongings under their name. Any suggestions?